Mike Reilly won't be fired

No way is Eichorst going to admit he made the wrong hire; he's already shown that. Riley will be here for the entirety of his contract, I have no doubt.

And for the record, do we really want Eichorst making another coaching hire? I sure don't. He needs to be gone, and let the new AD (who will be attempting to impress and earn the support of the fan base) make the splash hire we desperately need.

Eichorst needs to be let go this year. He v messed up with his pick at Miami, now he has jacked us up

Eichorst didn't hire Golden. He was hired before Eichorst got there.

I really am not pushing for Bieliema, but he is what is being described as who should be the next coach. If Iowa wanted him, they would have fired Ferentz in the last two years and hired him. They don't want him. He left Wisky because Alvarez is the real A-hole there, IE: Gary Anderson will tell you so.....and Bieliema as well. There recruiting standards are suspect for a school like Wisky. They will not take in any JUCO's, thats why Anderson left and Bieliema left along with money.

There is no way that we are looking for a new coach this year unless it completely unravels, and that means losing out, and losing out badly. That is the price that would have to be paid. I talking about losing to Purdue, Rutgers, along with Iowa and Michigan St.

Could happen, but won't................ :ahhhhhhhh Not sure about that even now! :madash

The issue is Riley will either beat Michigan St or Iowa, and this is enough fuel for one more year. Especially if its and undefeated Iowa team or Michigan St team. That one win can survive the staff even I am afraid. It will show that the "kids are buying", and just here Eichorst now say that. :laughpound

Quite possibly the most asinine post I've ever read, and that says a lot. Please... just stop.

Coming from you, that comment means...very little, actually.

Do you think Perlman and Eichorst are going to do better at the end of THIS year than they did LAST year? Who do you think would come here to coach with this manic depressive fan base that was gushing over every word and ever smile of this present coaching staff during Spring practice and is now spitting venom?...not to mention the legacy of a still ongoing bitter feud they had with The One Who Shall Not Be Named?

You need to stop feeling and start thinking. You told me how you feel about my post, now do you have(or have you ever) any thoughts?...

• Fire 1

I really am not pushing for Bieliema, but he is what is being described as who should be the next coach. If Iowa wanted him, they would have fired Ferentz in the last two years and hired him. They don't want him. He left Wisky because Alvarez is the real A-hole there, IE: Gary Anderson will tell you so.....and Bieliema as well. There recruiting standards are suspect for a school like Wisky. They will not take in any JUCO's, thats why Anderson left and Bieliema left along with money.

There is no way that we are looking for a new coach this year unless it completely unravels, and that means losing out, and losing out badly. That is the price that would have to be paid. I talking about losing to Purdue, Rutgers, along with Iowa and Michigan St.

Could happen, but won't................ :ahhhhhhhh Not sure about that even now! :madash

The issue is Riley will either beat Michigan St or Iowa, and this is enough fuel for one more year. Especially if its and undefeated Iowa team or Michigan St team. That one win can survive the staff even I am afraid. It will show that the "kids are buying", and just here Eichorst now say that. :laughpound

I don't see how SE can just ignore this......I am sure his inbox just constantly gets flooded by big boosters who are fed up with this...I wouldn't be shocked to hear that SE is making phone calls, AND with the grace of God of hope, he somehow finds the RIGHT guy this time, he decides to pull the trigger, man up, admit his mistake and hire the correct one.

But really, how can Eichorst not see this train wreck?

I would venture to guess boosters were not happy with this hire from the beginning, and have probably become even more unhappy. It would be interesting to hear what some boosters think, the people who make the real difference.

Keep Riley for at least two more years and fire Langsdorf, Banker, Read, and Stewart. Bring in an OC with a power mindset and adapts to player abilities rather than force an obvious scrambler to try and be a pocket passer. Don't care what we do for DC as long as he gets the job done and can recruit.

Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. Langsdorf is one of the primary reasons why POB committed to Nebraska.

So you wouldn't fire an inept cordinator for one recruit? Makes sense. I'm sure he could either secure POB/find another QB or two. Which I think we need anyway.

POB is considered the "crown jewel" of this class, and he is the "chosen one" who will either make or break Riley's career here at Nebraska. If he does well, then Riley will say, "See, I told you I just needed my own QB" and if he doesn't, it'll be more of "Riley is a .500 coach no matter what." Either way, Riley's not gonna risk losing him.

One more reason I don't see us throwing Darlington or Bush in there, could spook POB if we have a frosh starting qb to potentially wait years behind.

I'm sticking with giving Riley seven years. It's the principle of the matter. If Nebraska sh!t cans two nine win coaches and then cuts a third loose because he couldn't hit nine wins, the whole state looks retarded.

We didn't fire BP for the nine win streak, we fired him because he said naughty words! When did the oversensitive Californians move into Lincoln? Anybody see Fitzgerald on the sideline today, he was getting pretty antsy wonder if the NU fanbase is in a butthurt rage today? Doubt it!

• Fire 2

Can we bare to see this program lose out and lose out big time in order to see change? It might be the best scenario. This might get Eichorst and Riley on the way out.

Is that worth it? I for one will say that its absolutely worth it. 5-7 is not much better than 4-8 or 3-9. No bowl game damages just as much as losing out badly regardless. The issue is other coaches will tell recruits that Nebraska will fire Riley, so don't go there, and at that point, we might as well. Its a game that is being played at places. Its a game thats going to get played with our recruits this year. Just pull the plug and do it now. Damage is already done.

Its about winning now isn't it? I would almost guarantee you with Bieliema, we would be playing for the Big 10 title in 2 years. He would bring in the run game, the option game and the power game. He recruited several NFL caliber WR's, running backs, and lineman. His leftovers came into Memorial stadium and won.

I don't like the guy either, but he is what Nebraska fans are wanting: Power smash mouth running game, and the surprise passing game that catches everyone off guard. He is a Big 10 guy. He won. Thats my only thing.

He is realistic. So far we hired a NFL flame out, a Hothead, and now Mr. Clean, Welcome to my neighborhood type. Not the results were looking for yet. Call Bieliema an Ahole, he is, but he is also a winner in the Big 10. He is a winner who can beat almost anyone in the league and for sure in the West Div. Like I said, dislike the guy too, but realize that we either want a winning program or an image of a winning program. We have had the latter now for 15 years, but no substance to follow that up. All I am saying is that Bieliema at least has some substance.

Quite possibly the most asinine post I've ever read, and that says a lot. Please... just stop.

Coming from you, that comment means...very little, actually.

Do you think Perlman and Eichorst are going to do better at the end of THIS year than they did LAST year? Who do you think would come here to coach with this manic depressive fan base that was gushing over every word and ever smile of this present coaching staff during Spring practice and is now spitting venom?...not to mention the legacy of a still ongoing bitter feud they had with The One Who Shall Not Be Named?

You need to stop feeling and start thinking. You told me how you feel about my post, now do you have(or have you ever) any thoughts?...

My thoughts are that keeping Riley for seven years, no matter what the team's record is, makes zero sense and is pure stupidity. Luckily you're not the one running things.

We didn't fire BP for the nine win streak, we fired him because he said naughty words!

Again, there was no "we" that of which I am aware. Pelini pushed until he got his desired walking papers...and his contract money. He had a plan.

Why Eichorst picked Riley, no one knows. Was he his first choice? Was he the ninth choice? Did Perlman tell him to get Miss Congeniality and screw the coaching aspect of it? Doesn't look like Eichorst had a plan.

I have been hugely underwhelmed by a lot of things this season, whether it was Lewis remaining a captain, or onfield performances. But I can't see doing something just for the sake of doing something unless someone, somewhere, has a plan...that might work...