Mike Reilly won't be fired

"BS SEC," huh? LOL -- and you talk about being delusional? You play the Sabans and Meyers and Miles and of the country week after week, and get back to me on how many conference titles you win. Heck, we got shellshocked by Bielema for God's sake, and he's a lower-tier SEC coach. Richt has won BCS bowls; he's won multiple SEC titles; he consistently lands Top 5 recruiting classes. Sorry you fail to see that.

And as far as Tressel goes, you're speaking purely from personal speculation. Don't assume anything, because, well, you know.

Obviously...Dan McCarney. Has Big 10 pedigree with Iowa and Wisconsin. Has worked under guys like Alvarez and Fry. Has head coaching experience in the Big 12 and actually had success at ISU. Main emphasis has always been O and D lines and has a history of getting the most out of what he has to work with...and he's available and probably cheap.

Some really good points in this thread. I would agree with alot said on here so far. I was for keeping Riley for at least another season, now I would lean to the side of moving on.

I have posted on other threads, but if this school, program and team will ever get back to what built the tradition, its getting family back involved. Hire Trev Alberts as AD, and at least let him hire someone, maybe Frost or at least bring Frost as Associate Head.

This is my opinion, but say Tom Herman comes here, takes us to a 10 or 11 win season.........Urban Meyer gets in trouble at OSU, or another football power comes calling, would he stay here? That has always been my issue with hiring these up and comers. Bo would have bolted for Arkansas if not for them taking Bielema away from Wisky. This is why you need to hire a coach like Frost who would deem this a job of the life time for himself.

Believe me, if the pressure comes from boosters, regents, people of Nebraska, Perls will do whats best. This is what happened when Ozzy was placed as AD, and Pelini was hired. The pressure and money came from all areas, and the money that the school receives might have disappeared in all areas, not just football.

He will not be fired...

He my decide he needs to retire though.

why retire when you can get run off and fired and be a millionaire? he is a poor coach, but smart enough to figure this much out. we should never forgive Eichorst for a brainless search/hire.

I could see a nice deal being worked out

we can only dream........first we have to find someone who is worth 2 sh#ts to come in here.

The list should include but not limited to:

Scott Frost

Tom Herman

Art Briles

Brent Venables

Bieliema.

I like the Idea of Trev Alberts at AD and Frost as Head. Don't know if thats workable

Brent Venables would be better than Bo, and understands the geographic area.

Brett Bieliema knows how to run the ball and win in the Big 10. Most likely will be looking for a job.

Art Briles can recruit, but its against Nebraska way and it would be pass heavy!

Herman seems a good fit, but USC might be eyeing him and I guess it would be a decision on which program is closer to winning( USC).

Of those names Bieliema actually would be the best option. Just think about Mel Gordon, and all those Rb's he recruited to Wisky. Better Qb's than what we have had, defenses are better. He was the D Co at KSU in 03' when they dismantled OU in the Big 12 title game. He would understand where he is!!!

The list should include but not limited to:

Scott Frost

Tom Herman

Art Briles

Brent Venables

Bieliema.

I like the Idea of Trev Alberts at AD and Frost as Head. Don't know if thats workable

Brent Venables would be better than Bo, and understands the geographic area.

Brett Bieliema knows how to run the ball and win in the Big 10. Most likely will be looking for a job.

Art Briles can recruit, but its against Nebraska way and it would be pass heavy!

Herman seems a good fit, but USC might be eyeing him and I guess it would be a decision on which program is closer to winning( USC).

Of those names Bieliema actually would be the best option. Just think about Mel Gordon, and all those Rb's he recruited to Wisky. Better Qb's than what we have had, defenses are better. He was the D Co at KSU in 03' when they dismantled OU in the Big 12 title game. He would understand where he is!!!

f#*k Bieliema!

This is the dumbest philosophy I've ever heard. We fired a guy who was only able to win 9 games for seven seasons, yet you want to keep a guy who CAN'T win 9 games for the same amount of time. Makes zero sense.

Who is this "we" you are talking about that fired Pelini? I'm pretty sure I wasn't in on the final decision. In fact, I think Pelini got tired of fighting with the fans and media over "whose team this was" and found a way to get out with a paycheck. As far as what I say making zero sense, since when has THAT ever entered into the decision making going as far back as firing Solich?

I think seven years does make sense. Here's why:

I have no confidence that Eichorst / Perlman could do better if they got to take a second bite of the apple when hiring a coach. In fact, they would have a harder time trying to get someone good to step into Nebraska's revolving door. Six more years after this season and I am sure both Perlman and Eichorst are gone. Nebraska will also have put the label of being unrealistically impatient and fickle behind it, and Riley gets a fair shot.

Nebraska has made its bed, now it is time to lie in it...for a while.

Iowa put up with Ferentz for this length of time and have a decent season going so far. We can be just as patient as the Iwegians, cant we?

This is the dumbest philosophy I've ever heard. We fired a guy who was only able to win 9 games for seven seasons, yet you want to keep a guy who CAN'T win 9 games for the same amount of time. Makes zero sense.

Who is this "we" you are talking about that fired Pelini? I'm pretty sure I wasn't in on the final decision. In fact, I think Pelini got tired of fighting with the fans and media over "whose team this was" and found a way to get out with a paycheck. As far as what I say making zero sense, since when has THAT ever entered into the decision making going as far back as firing Solich?

I have no confidence that Eichorst / Perlman could do better if they got to take a second bite of the apple when hiring a coach. In fact, they would have a harder time trying to get someone good to step into Nebraska's revolving door. Six more years after this season and I am sure both Perlman and Eichorst are gone. Nebraska will also have put the label of being unrealistically impatient and fickle behind it, and Riley gets a fair shot.

Iowa put up with Ferentz for this length of time and have a decent season going so far. We can be just as patient as the Iwegians, cant we?

f#*k are you crazy? the stadium will be f'ing mty if Riley is here 6 years from now........the boosters will tell the admin. to go straight to hell too.

• Fire 1

f#*k are you crazy? the stadium will be f'ing mty if Riley is here 6 years from now........the boosters will tell the admin. to go straight to hell too.

I guess we have differing opinions on Eichorst's ability to do a better job in hiring if he gets to make another one. I confess I don't have the confidence in him to do better.

Until Perlman and Eichorst are gone, hiring another coach on their watch would be akin to playing Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun.

Do you disagree?

Quite possibly the most asinine post I've ever read, and that says a lot. Please... just stop.

Whats jobs will be open:

Miami

Arkansas

USC

KSU-Snyder will retire or should

Auburn-maybe

Va Tech

Don't think all these will be open, but certainly could.

This is why I think Bieliema could be a good choice. Everyone wants the old Nebraska teams back.....pound the rock system. That is what Bieliema is and knows.

He is not a SEC coach. He isn't winning enough for that school and the demands.

SExy job is USC. That will be the top job open. Sorry, even if we fire Riles, were not the front runner job on that list. Honestly other than KSu, and Va Tech, all the rest would get better hires, in my opinion. Recruiting is easier to Miami, USC and more than likely Ark and Auburn. I can put us with Arkansas, but not Auburn and the other two.