Mike Reilly won't be fired

NUMBERS DON'T LIE

Nebraska is a program that for the past 7 straight season produced teams with at least 9 wins.

If Mike Riley & his staff cannot manage to produce at least 6 wins with pretty much the same talent from last season, then there is no choice...

...Nebraska MUST, Nebraska SHOULD for the betterment of the entire program, cut their losses at the end of the season, clean house, and bring in a coach that will bring back POWER FOOTBALL and a commitment to the running game.

Minus an all American running back and defensive end, right? That's like having $105 then saying you pretty much have the same amount after you spend the hundred.

Oh man do we miss Ameer. If we had him around the season would look much different. His motor just never quit. I think he would have willed us to win at least a few of these losses.
I'm sorry but your slightly delusional if you think even Ameer gains that. many more yards running Langsdork's favorite Run it up Reeve's butt play with this bad oline

NUMBERS DON'T LIE

Nebraska is a program that for the past 7 straight season produced teams with at least 9 wins.

If Mike Riley & his staff cannot manage to produce at least 6 wins with pretty much the same talent from last season, then there is no choice...

...Nebraska MUST, Nebraska SHOULD for the betterment of the entire program, cut their losses at the end of the season, clean house, and bring in a coach that will bring back POWER FOOTBALL and a commitment to the running game.

Minus an all American running back and defensive end, right? That's like having $105 then saying you pretty much have the same amount after you spend the hundred.
Oh man do we miss Ameer. If we had him around the season would look much different. His motor just never quit. I think he would have willed us to win at least a few of these losses.
I'm sorry but your slightly delusional if you think even Ameer gains that. many more yards running Langsdork's favorite Run it up Reeve's butt play with this bad oline

Yeah, I'm not sure Abdullah would have even seen the field much in Landgsdork's offense, since his pass blocking would probably be considered a 'liability'.

What an absolute sh!t show our complete lack of a running game and commitment to the run, coupled with our brainless 'rotation' at running back has been.

• Fire 2

NUMBERS DON'T LIE

Obviously we don't blow everyone out of the water with Ameer, but it looks much better. His extra 1 or 2 yards would add up. Heck, ole DL may be more willing to run with a top quality back like Ameer. Let's be honest- our backs this year are just okay. But ultimately I guess it doesn't much matter.

When are we going to admit that this coaching staff is below average at best and they will NEVER get it right here at Nebraska. These coaches are meant for division II football (FCS or whatever) and not a power 5 conference. Expecting an old dog to learn new tricks is impossible so why are we surprised at the outcome. At this point, this experiment is a failed one and the sooner we end it, the better chances we have of reduced heartache risk by fans. Northwestern did absolutely NOTHING to win this game and we simply bent over (like usual) and giftwrapped it for them. We had so many chances to get a good lead and the coaches made the wrong decisions. This will not change. I will be surprised if we actually make it to a bowl game this season. I would not be surprised if we lose to Purdue next week. Their QB is 10 times better than the one we faced today.

• Fire 1

NUMBERS DON'T LIE

Obviously we don't blow everyone out of the water with Ameer, but it looks much better. His extra 1 or 2 yards would add up. Heck, ole DL may be more willing to run with a top quality back like Ameer. Let's be honest- our backs this year are just okay. But ultimately I guess it doesn't much matter.

Thing is our backs could be handled better. We have Newby running up the middle too much when the guy just doesn't run tough. He is no more an every-down back than Cross but Cross hasn't gotten nearly the reps. Cross should get more than the occasional short-yardage connversion. Wilbon looked good in the first two games then he never gets another freaking chance. Ozigbo starts looking good then he disappears. We burn Stevenson's shirt to do be unimpressive on returns and never get carries. I did love what they were doing with Janovich, he's been a revelation this season, props for that. But even there where were his carries today?

Of course it sucks we don't have AA anymore, he was a great back, but it appears we could make better use of what we have.

• Fire 1

NUMBERS DON'T LIE

Duke, I think you should consider changing your screen name to 'The CONSCIENCE'.

Your posts are consistently right on the money and have been throughout (at least) this football season.

There is no, and I mean absolutely NO reason to continue this little experiment any longer.

Heads need to roll. The house needs to be cleaned. Things have gotten very, very ugly. This hire was a spectacular botch on so many levels.

We have completely abandoned the concepts which made Husker football HUSKER FOOTBALL. There is nothing special or unique about our football team anymore, other than the passion and continued support of our fanbase filling up that stadium for every home game.

Well, this fanbase has been absolutely taken,deceived, and ripped off. Wake up people. We are witnessing the destruction of Husker football happening before our very eyes.

I remember everyone thinking a monkey could take us to 9 wins. I wanted Bo gone as bad as anyone, I think he was a cancer, I think he had hit his ceiling, had a God complex, and a horribly ugly demeanor and attitude. Yet we traded him in for a career .500 coach in a completely reactionary move, who runs a system completely antithetical to Husker football, which is very similar to a system which has failed here before, who has shown he does not have the ability to adapt, and who seems to have extreme loyalty to his staff, a flaw which Bo was rightly criticized for.

We have an administration and athletic department who are killing, absolutely KILLING Husker football. The longer we allow this to happen, the worse it is going to get. Something needs to be done immediately.

I appreciate the compliment, but to add a little fairness & levity to the discussion...believe me I'm no conscience. Trust me, I've had my share of "blunder posts" that I've regretted on this board. I think if we're honest, we've all had at least one of those on here. But I digress...

I think you made some good points of your own. The one that stood out to me was this:

• We have completely abandoned the concepts which made Husker football HUSKER FOOTBALL.

The administration and the athletic department that have sent this program spiraling down this never-ending rabbit hole traces back to one person....Steve Pederson.

I agree with you that the longer we let this go on, the longer we settle for the "just give him one more year" or "just give him time to get his recruits" arguments the closer and closer this program will get to becoming unrepairable.

I'm willing to give Riley and this staff till the end of the season. But if they can't win 6 games WITH THIS SCHEDULE, and make it to a bowl with a roster who won 9 games last year, then the University simply has no choice but to cut their losses, clean house, and bring in a coach who will return this program to power football.

**As a Side Note**

Pay special attention to what the boosters start saying as the rest of this season progresses. Wherever the smoke blows in these winds will generally tell you what direction Nebraska football will be heading.

• Fire 2

NUMBERS DON'T LIE

Thing is our backs could be handled better. We have Newby running up the middle too much when the guy just doesn't run tough. He is no more an every-down back than Cross but Cross hasn't gotten nearly the reps. Cross should get more than the occasional short-yardage connversion. Wilbon looked good in the first two games then he never gets another freaking chance. Ozigbo starts looking good then he disappears. We burn Stevenson's shirt to do be unimpressive on returns and never get carries. I did love what they were doing with Janovich, he's been a revelation this season, props for that. But even there where were his carries today?

Of course it sucks we don't have AA anymore, he was a great back, but it appears we could make better use of what we have.

Surely, (I hope) the pulling of Stevenson's shirt was totally his own decision, i.e., he'll transfer if he doesn't play or something of the sort. I haven't been a big fan of his decision making on returns. I think if we had one back who had just pulled away from the pack it would help. Newby has been good in protection, but is not a tough runner. I wouldn't mind seeing Cross get more carries, but I understand that he's not the every-down back as well. Not sure what the deal is with Wilbon (surely there's something going on that we don't know about). I like the way Ozigbo runs, and he was in for a few series today, but I don't know how well he knows the offense. On the last Illinois play he pretty much said he had no idea what was going on.

I will say I think our running back corps would be much better suited to a multi-back style of offense- get Cross and Newby in at the same time. I know one of DL's biggest things is he doesn't want to show his hand- likes to run Cross outside when you would expect it up the middle due to his size and so on. Having a couple of options in the backfield would open up the playcalling a bit I think.

In any case, I appreciate the good discussion- this can be hard to find on the board after a loss.

Kliff Kingsbury - would he leave Tech where he played? Go to a bigger program? Maybe not, his loyalty might be too strong with his alma mater.

Fuente - Doubt he will be available

Herman - He may still be at Houston as schools will be waiting on him to develop.

Bob Stoops - Will he be wanted out in Norman? Might be time all parties part ways.

Scott Frost - Welcome home.

Narduzzi - Leave Pitt for a bigger program?

Kirby Smart - Grade A defensive coordinator. Suprised he hasnt been named HC somewhere already.

NUMBERS DON'T LIE

Someone give this man a silver dollar.