Chatelain: What now, Huskers?

Saunders

$2.25M buyout for Herman's contract.

Herman buyout $2.25M

New Nebraska contract $4M base salary over 4 years, $16M

Add in what Pelini is owed which equates to $7.65M paid monthly $150,000

Add in what Riley would be owed $8.16M paid monthly $170,000

That's $34 million total, $15.81M of it being paid out to two former coaches.

Seems like a lot but when you spread the payments out over 5 years, it's not too bad :) Gawd how do we get ourselves in these situations? :facepalm:Get a job Bo!!!!

The disappointment is so high that I think most people wouldn't shake their heads at us for firing Riley. I honestly believe it. Sure, we might face some national ridicule over it but really, is it worth letting this crash course continue?

National media knew he was hired to win as does anyone with a pulse. Any person who did a 30 second google search when he was hired had to scratch their head and say WTF? No, we wouldn't be ridiculed for sending him packing to Corvallis.

• Fire 2

Both the heart and head say to clean house. Run Eichorst out of Nebraska immediately. The coach is 62 years old. We will be starting over in a matter of 5ish years anyways because there is no other coach on this staff capable of head coaching duties. Fire Eichorst, hire Alberts and put this staff on notice.

Then when you are done with that, go through each and every player on this team and decide if they are worthy of a scholarship or not. I will say it, some of these players shouldn't be here, and it has nothing to do with talent. Just ask Charlie Strong.

There was some half a$$ed effort in todays game. No doubt. Get onboard or get off.

• Fire 1

Both the heart and head say to clean house. Run Eichorst out of Nebraska immediately. The coach is 62 years old. We will be starting over in a matter of 5ish years anyways because there is no other coach on this staff capable of head coaching duties. Fire Eichorst, hire Alberts and put this staff on notice.

Then when you are done with that, go through each and every player on this team and decide if they are worthy of a scholarship or not. I will say it, some of these players shouldn't be here, and it has nothing to do with talent. Just ask Charlie Strong.

There was some half a$$ed effort in todays game. No doubt. Get onboard or get off.

Yup. But the coaches are just as responsible. Not only are these players still around, but being rewarded with game time. Purge the program.

Yup. But the coaches are just as responsible. Not only are these players still around, but being rewarded with game time. Purge the program.

Coaching issue for sure. You allow that crap and it festers.

Herman buyout $2.25M

Seems like a lot but when you spread the payments out over 5 years, it's not too bad :) Gawd how do we get ourselves in these situations? :facepalm:Get a job Bo!!!!

What about Bo coaching up there at Youngstown State? Or does he have to be coaching at I-A level. Sorry, I think the FBS and FCS designations are stupid. I'll still use I-A and I-AA

It all started with coaching and talent not coming through when it needed to. Now, passion and drive have started to affect them. I think the want to and drive was there for the first half of the season, or, at least the first few games. But, I think teams can only take so much. Sure, some of the guys may be focused, but 125 of them probably are not. And can you blame them? They went from winning 9 games to now probably not even going to a bowl game. They've had coaches telling them do things a certain way all season and it's not transitioning to the field. There's a chance there's doubt in many of their minds.

Honestly, I think the season is officially a wash. I'm supporting the players through and through but it just feels like nothing is left of this season, and we're seeing it in the overall performance.

Herman buyout $2.25M

What about Bo coaching up there at Youngstown State? Or does he have to be coaching at I-A level. Sorry, I think the FBS and FCS designations are stupid. I'll still use I-A and I-AA

We pay the diff between his new salary and what we guarantee. It would be nice if he got $2-3M at a top level school so we wouldn't have to pay as much, if at all.

Herman buyout $2.25M

We pay the diff between his new salary and what we guarantee. It would be nice if he got $2-3M at a top level school so we wouldn't have to pay as much, if at all.

Oh, ok. I think Bo would ride out a lesser paying job at this point just to stick it to Nebraska for a while.

It all started with coaching and talent not coming through when it needed to. Now, passion and drive have started to affect them. I think the want to and drive was there for the first half of the season, or, at least the first few games. But, I think teams can only take so much. Sure, some of the guys may be focused, but 125 of them probably are not. And can you blame them? They went from winning 9 games to now probably not even going to a bowl game. They've had coaches telling them do things a certain way all season and it's not transitioning to the field. There's a chance there's doubt in many of their minds.

Honestly, I think the season is officially a wash. I'm supporting the players through and through but it just feels like nothing is left of this season, and we're seeing it in the overall performance.

Well it goes back to what Benning and Jason Peter said about taking pride in your craft. They're D-1 athletes and it's time to act like it. I can see where they have lost faith in the coaches, but still play with some damn pride. You have to want it.

Tom Herman from Houston name has popped up on Twitter. I know next to nothing about this guy including his resume.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/9/16/9329945/tom-herman-houston-cougars-football-offense-defense

Good article. Talks about getting a staff together offensive and defensive philosophy, coaching stops and experience.

Herman seems like a good fit as far as offensive and defensive philosophy and probably would have utilized Tommy's skills better this year. How the heck did we not consider Herman last year? I can kind of see it from Eichorst's standpoint taking heat hiring a first time head coach to replace Pelini. OSU's offense was always balanced. Every time I'd check their stats after a game running and passing yards were almost equal. It looks like he's doing the same at UH from the stats posted. It seems he likes the recruiting in Texas so would he feel like he would struggle recruiting at Nebraska?

I like that he went after proven coordinators on both sides of the ball. Strong Texas ties as well as B1G and BugXII country.

He may want to put in more than a year at UH and we may want to give Riley another year or two. Maybe things will come together. I didn't see in the article who is OC is and what his background is. I wonder if Frost's experience and expressed interest in adding some power run into Oregon's spread would complement Herman's offense. OK, now I'm just dreaming.

I think RIley is at a disadvantage replacing a winning coach with his career record when trying to get buyin from the players. That's not an excuse for the players but is the reason I'm willing to give Riley some more time. When you have someone with Herman's experience, any attitude problems from the players are on the players and a coach can more easily deal with them.

I don't even want to give MR time to pack up his hotel room. Fire him now, and have his belongings shipped to him.

• Fire 2

Tom Herman from Houston name has popped up on Twitter. I know next to nothing about this guy including his resume.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/9/16/9329945/tom-herman-houston-cougars-football-offense-defense

Good article. Talks about getting a staff together offensive and defensive philosophy, coaching stops and experience.

Herman seems like a good fit as far as offensive and defensive philosophy and probably would have utilized Tommy's skills better this year. How the heck did we not consider Herman last year? I can kind of see it from Eichorst's standpoint taking heat hiring a first time head coach to replace Pelini. OSU's offense was always balanced. Every time I'd check their stats after a game running and passing yards were almost equal. It looks like he's doing the same at UH from the stats posted. It seems he likes the recruiting in Texas so would he feel like he would struggle recruiting at Nebraska?

I like that he went after proven coordinators on both sides of the ball. Strong Texas ties as well as B1G and BugXII country.

He may want to put in more than a year at UH and we may want to give Riley another year or two. Maybe things will come together. I didn't see in the article who is OC is and what his background is. I wonder if Frost's experience and expressed interest in adding some power run into Oregon's spread would complement Herman's offense. OK, now I'm just dreaming.

I think RIley is at a disadvantage replacing a winning coach with his career record when trying to get buyin from the players. That's not an excuse for the players but is the reason I'm willing to give Riley some more time. When you have someone with Herman's experience, any attitude problems from the players are on the players and a coach can more easily deal with them.

I don't even want to give MR time to pack up his hotel room. Fire him now, and have his belongings shipped to him.

Hah, I think he just signed a mortgage not too long ago. Might have to put the "For Sale" sign up sooner rather than later. He can enjoy his retirement back home in Oregon for all I care. He is a nice guy but the old saying is nice guys finish last.

• Fire 1

Here we go, another group of coach names where people have to go to Google and look them up because they aren't BIG name coaches.

Bring in a no-name coach, watch him fail the first season, and people will come out of the woodwork complaining "we need to throw big money at a big name coach and stop being stingy with the checkbook!"

• Fire 1

Here we go, another group of coach names where people have to go to Google and look them up because they aren't BIG name coaches.

Bring in a no-name coach, watch him fail the first season, and people will come out of the woodwork complaining "we need to throw big money at a big name coach and stop being stingy with the checkbook!"

We are NEBRASKA. We shouldn't settle for some google-fu coach.