Mike Riley is done.

Before this year Tom Herman had never been a Head Coach at any program. In one year, his Houston team is 7-0. Why not take the same risk with Frost. He has just as much coaching experience as Tom Herman minus the one year of HC experience.

I think some of you guys would be surprised just how much football knowledge Frost has. Heck, why wouldn't he? He grew up with a mom and dad who were coaches.

And Frost is probably one of the few coaches willing to come into this situation...

I would also be more willingy to stick out rough years with a young Frost than an experienced older coach.

• Fire 4

GOAT is the only one who wants Richt. I can't figure out why either.

its only because the 72 hours he spent living in omaha as a kid makes him a nebraska guy. Its that simple. And that delusional.

It's also because he has mentioned he lives in SEC country, so he actually believes the hype.

Before this year Tom Herman had never been a Head Coach at any program. In one year, his Houston team is 7-0. Why not take the same risk with Frost. He has just as much coaching experience as Tom Herman minus the one year of HC experience.

I think some of you guys would be surprised just how much football knowledge Frost has. Heck, why wouldn't he? He grew up with a mom and dad who were coaches.

And Frost is probably one of the few coaches willing to come into this situation...

I would also be more willingy to stick out rough years with a young Frost than an experienced older coach.

Not sure if I want Frost or not but I think I/Husker Nation would be more tolerable of the homestate kid.
  • Fire 2

Eichorst sure as hell won't Fire him. This is only happening if it starts from the top down and it's highly unlikely. This isn't moving until the new president gets in 2016 and there probably won't be any drastic changes right away anyways

I can see this going down in one of two ways:

One is that the President skips over lame-duck Perlman and tells Eichorst directly that it's either him or Riley. At that point, I can see Eichorst doing it, though I think he would probably try to get Riley to resign.

Two is that the President basically "fires" Perlman by stripping him of any authority regarding the athletic department between now and June. President informs Eichorst he is not to do anything regarding the football program without the President's direct consent. President then gets with incoming Chancellor and they pick the next Athletic Director. Together, the three dudes (President, incoming Chancellor, incoming AD) all conduct a coaching search in secret. The day after the last game, Eichorst and Riley are fired. New coach and AD are announced next day. Done.

• Fire 1

Personally, I like when new posters start threads and stick their necks out with bold rumors. I like the title, "Mike Riley is Done" ... like it's a fact ... then the rumor is stated with a "solid" reference to a prior situation.

I'm not bashing the post ... trust me ... but it will give me a chance to see if FTW is legit.

I'll be watching with interest for sure FTW. Thanks for the post.

That would be why he posted it in RUMORVILLE, and he is professing it to be nothing more than that, a rumor.

It's clear you're not bashing the post, you're employing a 'worthiness/belonging clause' (basically a form of 'poisoning the well' ad hominem) to bash the poster, as you have done in nearly every post you have made on this board in the past couple of weeks, trying to somehow trumpet your apparent worthiness or belonging to some Huskerboard social stratosphere via your post count, and how this makes you some authority figure on a message board, while demeaning/writing off those with less.

There are obviously posters who make great contributions to this board who have a high post count, and they usually are the ones most likely to make the most meaningful contributions to this board.

However, there are also posters with high post counts who do little to make meaningful contributions to this board and offer next to nothing in quality thoughts and discussion, just as there are posters who do not have many posts who offer very quality thoughts and discussion, and meaningful contributions, while less numerous.

to bash the poster, as you have done in nearly every post you have made on this board in the past couple of weeks, trying to somehow trumpet your apparent worthiness or belonging to some Huskerboard social stratosphere via your post count, and how this makes you some authority figure on a message board, while demeaning/writing off those with less.

I would call that stalking and it's really creepy that you would follow him for several weeks. creepy man creepy

USC

Minnesota

Va Tech

South Carolina

Miami

UCF

Illinois

Maryland

Hawaii

N Texas

Where would Nebraska rank after we have fired 9 win coaches 2x and a coach after 1 year. 5-7th, no thanks. Gotta give MR more time rather than taking sloppy 5ths.

1. USC

2a. Miami

2b. South Carolina

3. Nebraska

4-11. The rest