Mike Riley is done.

The SEC is probably better this year top to bottom than the Big Ten but not by much. During the 7 year stretch definitely. But this year is as close nationally as it was in 2007.

You keep listing his resume yet omit that the impressive stuff was a while back. His 1 win over Meyer at Florida and 1 win over Saban at Bama aren't as impressive as you think.

• Fire 1

The SEC is probably better this year top to bottom than the Big Ten but not by much. During the 7 year stretch definitely. But this year is as close nationally as it was in 2007.

You keep listing his resume yet omit that the i.pressive stuff was a while back. His 1 win over Meyer at Florida and 1 win over Saban at Bama aren't as impressive as you think.

First off, I like and respect Richt a lot. I was raised in Georgia and only really became a fan of the program when he took over.

But, to think his recruiting will translate to Nebraska is crazy. He is not going to be pulling 5 star guys to Nebraska. His recruiting job couldn't be any easier then it currently is. He has to convince players to basically play for a top SEC program that is close to their home and families. If he leaves, those players will end up at Auburn or Florida or Alabama or with his successor at UGA.

In my opinion a coach that is going to recruit well at Nebraska would need the connections in either Texas or Ohio, sort of like the guy at Houston

• Fire 1

You keep listing his resume yet omit that the i.pressive stuff was a while back. His 1 win over Meyer at Florida and 1 win over Saban at Bama aren't as impressive as you think.

First off, I like and respect Richt a lot. I was raised in Georgia and only really became a fan of the program when he took over.

But, to think his recruiting will translate to Nebraska is crazy. He is not going to be pulling 5 star guys to Nebraska. His recruiting job couldn't be any easier then it currently is. He has to convince players to basically play for a top SEC program that is close to their home and families. If he leaves, those players will end up at Auburn or Florida or Alabama or with his successor at UGA.

In my opinion a coach that is going to recruit well at Nebraska would need the connections in either Texas or Ohio, sort of like the guy at Houston

Bingo. I saw yesterday on Andy Staples twitter that Georgia produces the 3rd most D1 FB players behind Texas and Florida (and ahead of California).

Everyone's schedules this year are so backloaded that it is hard to compare at this point. You can easily say Sparty and Iowa are overrated (the latter maybe extremely so), but it is hard to say with any conviction until they play someone.

The big ten is far from alone in this. It's the case in most of the conferences. We may not get any answers until the bowls are over.

Impressive or not, a win is a win. I guess his 3 wins over Les Miles aren't impressive either.

You keep saying he hasn't done anything impressive lately. In the past decade, how about three division titles, six bowl victories (including a BCS bowl), four top ten finishes, two top five finishes, five double-digit win seasons... you want me to continue?

I know my opinion is an unpopular one. But I'm sticking with it.

Impressive or not, a win is a win. I guess his 3 wins over Les Miles aren't impressive either.

You keep saying he hasn't done anything impressive lately. In the past decade, how about three division titles, six bowl victories (including a BCS bowl), four top ten finishes, two top five finishes, five double-digit win seasons... you want me to continue?[/size]

I know my opinion is an unpopular one. But I'm sticking with it.[/size]

Has there ever been a coach with a comparable resume that was fired from that school and then made the next school as good or better?

You keep saying he hasn't done anything impressive lately. In the past decade, how about three division titles, six bowl victories (including a BCS bowl), four top ten finishes, two top five finishes, five double-digit win seasons... you want me to continue?

I know my opinion is an unpopular one. But I'm sticking with it.

As I said before, I like and respect him quite a bit. If I was a die hard Georgia fan I would not want him fired. But I don't think he would have the same level of success at NU. I think it would be Pellini type seasons without the crass behavior and other bullsh#t. He is in a treasure trove for recruiting. He will not pull those players at NU. Would he be an upgrade to the current sh#t show? Absolutely. Just wouldn't be in my first three choices even if he was available and interested

No, because most schools wouldn't consider firing someone with that resume.

People keep saying he wouldn't be able to recruit here like he can at Georgia. Well wow, no kidding. But who WILL be able to bring 5-star recruits to Lincoln? Richt is nationally revered as one of the elite recruiters in the country. Of all the names being mentioned, he has the BEST chance of bringing top names to Lincoln.

No, because most schools wouldn't consider firing someone with that resume.

People keep saying he wouldn't be able to recruit here like he can at Georgia. Well wow, no kidding. But who WILL be able to bring 5-star recruits to Lincoln? Richt is nationally revered as one of the elite recruiters in the country. Of all the names being mentioned, he has the BEST chance of bringing top names to Lincoln.

Based on what? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he missing out on some of his own in state talent?

If Richt were to leave UGA for NU I think his first class would be pretty impressive, I'll give you that.

I'm sure this has been asked, but sure Richt is a great recruiter, but he pulls SEC area kids to an SEC school. How do we know he will pull those kids here?

I think his name alone would get some good talent that first year. But yeah, he is recruiting Georgia kids to play for Georgia in the SEC. Bo could do that.

Scott Frost stole a QB recruit from us....Scott Frost would i think bring in some great recruits to Nebraska. he gets Nebraska, he is young to where the kids like him, he is coming from Oregon a "cool" school...dude would also have TO and Chip kellly to consult to....wow what a network!

Bring in Frost, he's the only one capable and probably willing to step into this mess.

• Fire 1