Mike Riley is done.

I was listening on the radio yesterday about the topic of Perlman extending SE's contract. One thing that was brought up was that SE's contract is up in 2 years and that Harv wanted to extend it so the new chancellor doesn't have to worry about that burden when he comes into office. I would be okay with this if he only extends it for a year, no more.

Really?? I have a feeling the new chancellor would prefer to have the burden. It's all a bunch of Weasel Face BS.

200.gif

• Fire 3

I was listening on the radio yesterday about the topic of Perlman extending SE's contract. One thing that was brought up was that SE's contract is up in 2 years and that Harv wanted to extend it so the new chancellor doesn't have to worry about that burden when he comes into office. I would be okay with this if he only extends it for a year, no more.

Really?? I have a feeling the new chancellor would prefer to have the burden. It's all a bunch of Weasel Face BS.

+1 How is it a burden to perform one of the duties for your job? That's called work

The only guys who are going to be pulling in 5 star guys on a regular basis to Neb will be Saban, Meyer and Pete Carroll. And you know they wont be stopping in Huskerville..

They totally would if we threw all the zillions of dollars we have at them!

No. Texas basically offered the world on a plate to Saban. Those guys are past the point where money is the prime consideration.

The only guys who are going to be pulling in 5 star guys on a regular basis to Neb will be Saban, Meyer and Pete Carroll. And you know they wont be stopping in Huskerville..

No. Texas basically offered the world on a plate to Saban. Those guys are past the point where money is the prime consideration.

He probably also saw that he'd have to compete with Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU etc. in recruiting the state. Why leave Alabama when you're in the SEC and the only in-state competitor is Auburn.

Nah. With his name and the Texas brand recruiting wouldn't be an issue. His logic is more that he already has an established program that essentially is self loading at this point. You got Texas and the expectations are sky high and you are in the pressure cooker from day 1. Nebraska would be even worse because the expectations are just as high without having g the recruiting advantages. The extra money just isn't worth it to those guys. They are already set for life financially

Saban just used Texas to leverage more money from Alabama. And he'll keep doing it until he's done with football. He'll make more money in the long term doing it this way than he ever would have by taking the Texas job. At least when considering the risk that Texas job posed. Or any other job for that matter.

Yep. He is at the point where marginally more money doesn't matter at all. Its quality of life.

I was kidding. Money isn't a concern to a Nick Saban. It's the power that matters most, and right now he has more than he knows what to do with.

So we should find out soon if this rumor has any legs whatsoever. I recall reading the source said Riley could be gone after an embarassing loss to MSU?

From my source, he was informed weeks prior to tonight that the result of this game and the implications were rather large. I think I've posted that numerous times on the board and this is what I've heard. I have yet to hear back from him.

IMO, Riley may have bought himself an extra year with a win over a top 10 team for the first time in 4 years (for our program) and it was a great win.

So we should find out soon if this rumor has any legs whatsoever. I recall reading the source said Riley could be gone after an embarassing loss to MSU?

From my source, he was informed weeks prior to tonight that the result of this game and the implications were rather large. I think I've posted that numerous times on the board and this is what I've heard. I have yet to hear back from him.

IMO, Riley may have bought himself an extra year with a win over a top 10 team for the first time in 4 years (for our program) and it was a great win.

I'm on cloud 9 with the win...see how he finshes, heck we SHOULD beat Rutgers, lets see how they play vs Iowa.

at the very least, got to get rid of Banker, or at least demote him.

I'm on cloud 9 with the win...see how he finshes, heck we SHOULD beat Rutgers, lets see how they play vs Iowa.

at the very least, got to get rid of Banker, or at least demote him.

We should be able to handle Rutgers and the whole "forced rivalry" with Iowa might just become one because of what's at stake for Iowa. I'll post updates if I hear anything.