Bowl Projections 11/09/2015 (Now with Nebraska!)

The extra practice time is not something I care about at all...But like someone else said 13 games is better than 12. One more chance to hang out with friends for a Husker game.

The coaching staff and the players care about it, so I care about it. Having an extra "spring" practice, so to speak, is monumental in building up the program, especially in a coaching staff's first year.

I know there are certain bowl contracts, but a 6-6 Nebraska team, given their wins and the momentum and the fansbases history of traveling well, one might think they get a better bowl invite that a traditional 7 or 8 win B1G team gets. That be funny.

That is a real possibility. We pack stadiums and the people who put on these games like it when they dont have to use weird camera angles to disguise the empty stadium

Welp, I tell you what...

Husker Fan who turns up his nose at a bowl game if we're 5-7 doesn't understand the reality of where we're at.

We all want to be 9-1 and competing for conference titles right now. But we aren't that team.

Those fans at that Michigan State game, give them credit. They weren't cheering like we're a 3-6 team who's supposed to be undefeated. They were cheering like we're a team against the ropes who needs any break we can get to get better.

Those fans got it.

Biff the Blogger... I'm not sure he gets it yet. But that's on Biff, nobody else.

• Fire 3

I firmly believe 5-7 teams shouldn't make bowl games. If I had ut my way I would cut the bowls doen to around 30 and make 7-5 the minimum to get one.

The bowl system is so watered down and corrupt, I have a hard time supporting a 5-7 team getting in over a deseriving group of 5 team with a better record, even if the 5-7 team is Nebraska.

Okay, rant over.

If we finish 5-7 and make a bowl, great. These upperclassmen deserve to play one more time, we all want that. I hope it' ends up being a good matchup and something we can use as a springboard into 2016.

espn

Quick Lane Bowl

Ford Field, Detroit

Mon., Dec. 28, 5 p.m. (ESPN2)

Schlabach: NC State vs. Indiana

McMurphy: Virginia Tech vs. Nebraska

Detroit? How did Detroit get a bowl game? Isn't that like having to play the World Cup in Qatar?

I guess that's your punishment for finishing 5-7, you are sent to Detroit over the holidays to think about how the err of your ways.

Detroit's hosted two Super Bowls, and I think two Final Four's. It's certainly a worthy host for a possible 5-7 team, 6-6 we hope

My company has a facility in the Detroit area. We also have facilities in many desirable places. When there is a meeting that a manager wants to get approved, it is scheduled for the Detroit area. The thought is that no one wants to go to Detroit, so the meeting must be needed.

I firmly believe 5-7 teams shouldn't make bowl games. If I had ut my way I would cut the bowls doen to around 30 and make 7-5 the minimum to get one.

The bowl system is so watered down and corrupt, I have a hard time supporting a 5-7 team getting in over a deseriving group of 5 team with a better record, even if the 5-7 team is Nebraska.

Okay, rant over.

If we finish 5-7 and make a bowl, great. These upperclassmen deserve to play one more time, we all want that. I hope it' ends up being a good matchup and something we can use as a springboard into 2016.

You should actually understand the bowl rules and under what circumstances a 5-7 team would make it before going on a hissy fit.

• Fire 2

Talk to any coach about bowl games and they will tell you unless you are in the big shiny majors the best thing about them is the extra reps you get for that month. The practice aspect is a HUGE plus

I think this that extra practice is probably the best reason for the bowl, and a final party for the seniors is cool.

Talk to any coach about bowl games and they will tell you unless you are in the big shiny majors the best thing about them is the extra reps you get for that month. The practice aspect is a HUGE plus

I think this that extra practice is probably the best reason for the bowl, and a final party for the seniors is cool.

Yes, and yes. We NEED the extra practices, both for the coaches and the young players.

And one more game with Jano & Gangwish? YES, PLEASE!

You said it. I hope for a bowl game for the seniors. Let's say Nebraska wins out and finishes 7-6--not great, but not a losing season.

Bowl games are fun. I've been to the Independence Bowl (Solich Huskers vs Eli Manning and Ole Miss), Alamo Bowl vs Northwestern in 2000 and the Cotton Bowl in '07 vs Auburn.

The good thing about these lower tier bowls is the availability of cheap tickets and they're fun!

I made jokes every year about the Foster Farms bowl when with was the Kraft Fight Hunger bowl, now here we are, and it looks like that would probably be the best possible outcome.

Going to a bowl @ 5-7 is a bit of a joke if it comes to that, but those extra practices matter a lot. The practices last year were probably completely wasted with lame duck coaches, and Bo's exit shenanigans with the players.

Okay, rant over.

You should actually understand the bowl rules and under what circumstances a 5-7 team would make it before going on a hissy fit.

You should probably understand my post before calling me out.

Yes, the chances of Nebraska making a bowl at 5-7 are slim, I understand how the bowl system works.