Paris attacks

Knapp, you say the battle against hate starts at the front door but I've seen PLENTY from you and others on this board, who hate on Christianity. If you are on the side with humanity why use Christianity as the bullet in your chamber to fire back at those who are fired up about Anti-American Terrorists.

Not trying to play the "victim" card some continuously point out even though I state that I'm not. It just baffles me the same people who fight against "people hate", do the EXACT thing they fight against when it comes to something they don't agree with. Whether its Christianity, Islam, Buddhists, Atheists, Agnostics, whatever....

What you decide to do is ultimately up to you, I don't care that you hate on my faith, but don't claim you are some uber righteous humanitarian and then go on to undermine Christians when NOT ONE SINGLE person has used it to compare to the Islamic faith in this discussion. No one has said anything about Muslims converting to Christianity and all would be fine blah blah blah....yet, there are plenty of you who go straight to pointing the finger at a christian extremist.

NO ONE SAID ANYTHING about Christians being perfect.

Get off your "humanitarian" high horse.

I've never seen Knap hate on Christianity. He engages in civil discussion and voices his view on the issue, he's said multiple times if you want to practice Christianity that's great. Maybe people keep bringing Christianity up because it's an Abrahemic religion and the most popular in the US. It has many interesting parallels and analogies that everyone can relate to. Finding examples people understand seems to be a reasonable way to have a discussion.

Criticism and references are not hatred, you have a serious martyr complex right now.

• Fire 3

Knapp, you say the battle against hate starts at the front door but I've seen PLENTY from you and others on this board, who hate on Christianity. If you are on the side with humanity why use Christianity as the bullet in your chamber to fire back at those who are fired up about Anti-American Terrorists.

Not trying to play the "victim" card some continuously point out even though I state that I'm not. It just baffles me the same people who fight against "people hate", do the EXACT thing they fight against when it comes to something they don't agree with. Whether its Christianity, Islam, Buddhists, Atheists, Agnostics, whatever....

What you decide to do is ultimately up to you, I don't care that you hate on my faith, but don't claim you are some uber righteous humanitarian and then go on to undermine Christians when NOT ONE SINGLE person has used it to compare to the Islamic faith in this discussion. No one has said anything about Muslims converting to Christianity and all would be fine blah blah blah....yet, there are plenty of you who go straight to pointing the finger at a christian extremist.

Why is this turning so personal for you? Now you have to accuse me of exhibiting "hate" towards Christianity? Dude, chill out.

It's not. I'm just addressing a double standard. That's all.

By creating some straw man that I "hate" Christians and Christianity? There's no reason for personal attacks like that. Be better than that.

How bout closing the border for a time instead of bringing in a bunch of refugees to the country that are potentially terrorist plants.At some point it would be nice to just not have to spell it out. Good grief.

How about we be America, follow our ideals and don't pander to terrorism. Those who would sacrifice libert for security deserve neither, and will lose both.
Remember when America used to be the Great Melting Pot?Remember when we had that statue that said, ""Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free. The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"LOL. Good times.

-Lawrence Phillips

Why is this turning so personal for you? Now you have to accuse me of exhibiting "hate" towards Christianity? Dude, chill out.

It's not. I'm just addressing a double standard. That's all.

By creating some straw man that I "hate" Christians and Christianity? There's no reason for personal attacks like that. Be better than that.

Ok, I'm done. Only because I like you.

Marco Rubio just called it what it is on his facebook page.

"We must call them what they are - radical Islamists. And we must defeat them"

Marco Rubio is a pandering joke. Honestly who cares what we call it? I'd rather not attach muslim to it, but that is what it is. And I'm not going to fault POTUS for not attaching the word either. After all it ks his job to be diplomatic.
Nope, it's the presidents job to wave guns, the flag, and kick a$$ of anyone who doesn't believe in democracy, jesus, and capitalism. Or that's the narrative of some.

Who said that?

Facebook posts everywhere. If it's possible to be more than a black sheep in a family, I'm your guy when it comes to the political spectrum

So back to the main topic here, I think a lot of Americans are scratching their head at this President for continuing to minimize ISIS and the many attacks we have seen by them in the past year, calling them the "JV" team that has been "contained," and today calling what happened in Paris a "setback." Does this guy not get it? Even the mainstream media reports today were in disbelief at not only his words but his tone. He stated that we are going to keep doing what we have been doing, which most don't even understand what his current strategy is. If someone on here can articulate what his real ISIS strategy is, and how its going to help us defeat ISIS, I'm all ears.

You claimed up there that "we can't use the word Muslim." I asked you for a quote on that and someone else went on a tangent misapplying my quotes.

I'm still interested to see where we've been told not to use the word Muslim. This was clearly an Obama reference, right?

He pretty clearly means using the word Muslim in the context of describing these jihadist extremists, and is asking/submitting that we shouldn't use that word in the description because all 3 democratic candidates refused to call them Muslim Extremists in the debate earlier this week.

Marco Rubio is a pandering joke. Honestly who cares what we call it? I'd rather not attach muslim to it, but that is what it is. And I'm not going to fault POTUS for not attaching the word either. After all it ks his job to be diplomatic.

Nope, it's the presidents job to wave guns, the flag, and kick a$$ of anyone who doesn't believe in democracy, jesus, and capitalism. Or that's the narrative of some.

Who said that?

Well, it was a common narrative after 9/11. (at least the having guns and waving them part). Bush was heavily criticized for being flown to SAC Air force Base to be in the bunker. They, for some reason thought he should have been flown directly to NYC, to be there to lead/fight whom ever our enemies were going to be there on the ground.

It was a pretty stupid attitude. But, hey....in any situation like that and now this with ISIS, the people who don't like the President will come up with some really really really stupid arguments.

Who said that?

Well, it was a common narrative after 9/11. (at least the having guns and waving them part). Bush was heavily criticized for being flown to SAC Air force Base to be in the bunker. They, for some reason thought he should have been flown directly to NYC, to be there to lead/fight whom ever our enemies were going to be there on the ground.

It was a pretty stupid attitude. But, hey....in any situation like that and now this with ISIS, the people who don't like the President will come up with some really really really stupid arguments.

Like, hey, he should emulate Putin. 'Cause Putin is such a bad ass. He hunts bears while shirtless.

Who said that?

Like, hey, he should emulate Putin. 'Cause Putin is such a bad ass. He hunts bears while shirtless.

He also has the amount of respect from his people that any Western politician could only dream of.

Additionally, the preferences of Eastern cultures and ideologies are far different than what we deem "bad ass" in much of the West. Many of those people prefer a traditionally masculine leader over one fills out NCAA Tournament brackets.

Who said that?

He also has the amount of respect from his people that any Western politician could only dream of.

Additionally, the preferences of Eastern cultures and ideologies are far different than what we deem "bad ass" in much of the West. Many of those people prefer a traditionally masculine leader over one fills out NCAA Tournament brackets.

"Having marginalised print media, Putin turned his attention to Russian television. Broadcasters that once carried lively debates were turned into stultifying Kremlin instruments. As state-controlled TV stations began to spout increasingly convoluted theories to demonstrate their loyalty to Putin, Russian propaganda entered the realm of the absurd – so much so that Soviet propagandists would hide behind their Putinist counterparts."

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/the-internet-was-the-last-free-zone-in-russian-society-now-putin-has-it-in-his-grasp-9332153.html

It's pretty easy to get that kind of respect when you rank 176 out of 196 for freedom of the press.

https://freedomhouse.org/sites/default/files/Global%20and%20regional%20tables.pdf

Being a tough guy does not make you a good leader. We were fighting ISIS before Russia was, yet suddenly Putin is a bad ass and Obama should be like him? Stupid.

• Fire 3