***Official Iowa Game Discussion Thread***

So who is responsible for that fourth and 1 fade route? Is that a hot read by tommy and the wr? That has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in college football

I'll say it again . . . if it would have been completed for a TD, it would be called a "genius" play call. This is part of football; get used to it.

Coach just basically said that wasn't the only option on that play. Nice way of saying that wasn't the throw they wanted.

Then maybe don't have that option out there for him, or tell him where the ball is to go. Oh wait, he's a hell,of a decision maker so lets let him decide where to go with ball. He's never shine a propensity to go for the home run ball or anything.

Iowa was better than us at one position and one position only but that is the only position they needed to be better. Really thought Tommy would progress in his decision making and overall play but hasn't happened. At least next year we will hopefully have POB show up to play in case TA has the continual brain farts displayed this year. Of course the play calling has been questionable at times but that doesn't excuse TA from not taking care of the ball. Just a real disappointing season from a team that was better than most if not all of their competition and a lot of that is on the coaches, but the most important position on the field didn't do them any favors either.

Iowa was better than us at one position and one position only but that is the only position they needed to be better. Really thought Tommy would progress in his decision making and overall play but hasn't happened. At least next year we will hopefully have POB show up to play in case TA has the continual brain farts displayed this year. Of course the play calling has been questionable at times but that doesn't excuse TA from not taking care of the ball. Just a real disappointing season from a team that was better than most if not all of their competition and a lot of that is on the coaches, but the most important position on the field didn't do them any favors either.

I think TA really could have used some real competition in practice to make him better. Perhaps the possibility of losing the job or at least sitting out a few series would have helped a few things sink in. It's tough, I think a few times during the season he could have used a series or two off, but I understand why we didn't- do you really trust the backups to come in? I don't know if I think he'll start next year, but if he does hopefully the threat of POB or a JUCO will help out. I'm a little tired of seeing this team go as he goes.

Anyone who thinks that we have good coaches, they are severely dillusional and need therapy. For a stretch there, we had more penalty yards than actual offense. The calls wee horrible. We are still the most penalized team and one of the worst in terms of turnover margin. Tell me one category we actually improved on this season. We sucked in every aspect of the game. The use of talent is horrendous. Where were Jano, Ozigbo, Welbon? I am done. Nothing is going to change and we have to endure two more years of this sh#t. It is depressing. I am thankful that we found coaches to take our money and not produce any results.

Someone mentioned Tommy's inability to learn and make good decisions. The pick six on the screen has been a throw that I've watched him consistently not put enough loft on for a while now. I can't remember which game but I believe he threw a similar pick to a LB dropping back covering the same route. If it wasn't a pick it was a near pick.

Disappointing loss to #4 team in the country. I thought we could have made it a closer game or actually won it but too many mistakes. Not a horrible game but not a lot to get excited for next season.

How many times since the Martinez days have we raved about incoming qbs and how many have we played? LOTS, AND 0 BESIDE TM and TA. Same story year after year. Coaches have to recognize weaknesses and change game plan. The one position we were worse than was at coach. Bottom line.

The announcers are dogging the coaches, but TA even more. Some Terrible play calling, but really terrible QB play with poor fundamentals and decision making.

It's been the truth all year. It's why 5-7 is what will show up on the final record

3077907.jpg

I have to laugh at the people saying the coaching staff should dumb down the offense enough for our Junior QB to be sucessfull. How about he look at the 2 250lb guys from the other team and not throw the ball where they can get it. I'm not sure you can dumb it down enough short of running wildcat with Janovich and TA watching from the sidelines.

Armstrong has no pressure and still can't scan the field while setting his feet. Most of his yards come from long passes and most of those are jump balls.