Bowl Outlook

Is it bad that I really want a bowl game even with only 5 wins because it makes college football as a whole actually mean something? I am actually watching NW/Illinois and Wisconsin/Minnesota with interest, pulling hard for the wildcats and badgers.

Not at all. I'm doing the same thing. Just want a chance to see the Huskers again.

Also, a 5 win team has made a bowl before. In 2001 North Texas made the New Orleans bowl with a 5-6 record and lost to Colorado State 45-20. I only know that because I went to the game.

In the past 20 years, only three teams with losing records have received a bowl berth: Georgia Tech (2012), UCLA (2011) and North Texas (2001). That number could be exceeded this year alone.

Anyone is crazy to think they would pass up nebraska for any other school at 5-7. Nebraska would bring in twice the revenue as all 5-7 eligible teams combined if selected. Hell if the bowl game was in Houston they would chose nebraska over rice. Distance is a non factor imo. It's like "well you guys suck so you can bus to the game instead of fly." Not sure why distance matters at all. Either way it doesn't matter because it's about revenue and those low end bowls are salivating about getting a 5-7 nebraska team. Between the us and indiana talk about foster farms compared pinstripe it will come down to who selects first most likely and it will be us.

Anyone is crazy to think they would pass up nebraska for any other school at 5-7. Nebraska would bring in twice the revenue as all 5-7 eligible teams combined if selected. Hell if the bowl game was in Houston they would chose nebraska over rice. Distance is a non factor imo. It's like "well you guys suck so you can bus to the game instead of fly." Not sure why distance matters at all. Either way it doesn't matter because it's about revenue and those low end bowls are salivating about getting a 5-7 nebraska team. Between the us and indiana talk about foster farms compared pinstripe it will come down to who selects first most likely and it will be us.

I think this was true 7 or 8 years ago but since that time, you would find that our bowl travel has been pretty subpar at best and we have not had much luck selling even modest ticket allotments, etc. We do actually have lots of fans in California so that would likely weigh into the Foster Farms Bacon bowl. And if they did put a UCLA in there, it would make for a very difficult game. But UCLA and NU is not an attractive draw for Nebraska fans as our experience with the Bruins recently with TMart was less than magical (blow out loss!!). A Nebraska - Arizona or a Cal or somebody would be OK. I have no idea what teams are where in the Pac Ten this year. A tough go if we draw any Pac Ten or Big 12 or SEC team really. We need to play Ohio or Youngstown St. LOL Now that would ruffle up a bunch of feathers and make for quite a TV audience and lots of pregame discussion on all the channels! Especially Youngstown. They are about 5-7. Probably don't have any graduation at all being a 2 year JUCO school! LOL

Just read an article we are going bowling. Said some bowls never heard of, but looks like we are a lock for 3 different ones. Leading the pack as a 5 win team.

Edit: source

http://www.cornnation.com/2015/11/29/9813774/nebraska-football-bowl-game-2015

• Foster Farms: Nebraska (APR, fan base over Minnesota, Illinois)
  • Detroit: No team or Illinois (Played in Dallas in 2014)
  • Armed Forces: No team or Minnesota

Is it bad that I really want a bowl game even with only 5 wins because it makes college football as a whole actually mean something? I am actually watching NW/Illinois and Wisconsin/Minnesota with interest, pulling hard for the wildcats and badgers.

Not at all. I'm doing the same thing. Just want a chance to see the Huskers again.

Also, a 5 win team has made a bowl before. In 2001 North Texas made the New Orleans bowl with a 5-6 record and lost to Colorado State 45-20. I only know that because I went to the game.

In the past 20 years, only three teams with losing records have received a bowl berth: Georgia Tech (2012), UCLA (2011) and North Texas (2001). That number could be exceeded this year alone.

Fresno State (2014)

Just read an article we are going bowling. Said some bowls never heard of, but looks like we are a lock for 3 different ones. Leading the pack as a 5 win team.

Edit: source

http://www.cornnation.com/2015/11/29/9813774/nebraska-football-bowl-game-2015

• Foster Farms: Nebraska (APR, fan base over Minnesota, Illinois)
  • Detroit: No team or Illinois (Played in Dallas in 2014)
  • Armed Forces: No team or Minnesota

He doesn't know. The committee hasn't even decided the rules yet.

Nebraska vs Missouri would be a dream matchup for one of these lower tier bowls. They don't have to advertise the team records. :)

Plenty of highlight footage out there to use also.

K-State is almost certainly going bowling. If they win, they will have 6 wins. If they lose, they open up a bowl opportunity for the next team on the APR list - which is K-State