Bowl Outlook

I don't agree that Iowa/Ohio State will go if MSU beats Iowa. Not if UNC beats Clemson. If UNC beats Clemson they should go instead of a 2nd Big Ten team. They're ranked 8th now but winning a conference is important to the committee. If they win they'll leapfrog Stanford (2 losses), Ohio State (already shown they can't beat one of the other 3 playoff teams), the loser of Iowa/MSU (already shown they can't beat one of the other 3 playoff teams) and Clemson (team they will have just beaten).

I dunno why Stewie is stating OSU/B1G championship loser will make it as a fact like he actually knows.

If Clemson wins then he's probably right, because how can you put a 2 loss Stanford (thanks Northwestern) into the playoffs? The only other choice besides Ohio State, if UNC loses, is Houston. And they're not a good choice. This year would have been one where an undefeated no name team makes it into the playoff. If Houston hadn't lost they would be in, imo.

Will we lose money if we go to a bowl? I recall reading somewhere that the cost of taking the team, band, and other supporting cast members to a lower bowl often costs more than the payout.

Very often the case. The bowl system has a lot of drawbacks.

As far as I know, all bowl money goes into a pool that all Big 10 teams share evenly. Nebraska would get a large payout with the bowl game or without it.