Bowl Outlook

I hope we don't do the same as mizzou.

Missouri sighted wanting to concentrate on filling the coaching vacancy. Not some gesture of being "unworthy" to go with a losing record.

the players were also threatening to not play the rest of the season halfway through. why give them an extra game?

You DON'T...this is why he needs to extra 15 days....to weed out the guys whom didn't buy in...according to rumor.... clean the slate NOW, rather than waiting until spring ball ! This was exactly what I was referring to in a post I made earlier. Cut bait with some of these guys, play the younger guys who you believe are there for the right reasons (unless it means burning a RS, which is obviously out of the question.).

Missouri sighted wanting to concentrate on filling the coaching vacancy. Not some gesture of being "unworthy" to go with a losing record.

the players were also threatening to not play the rest of the season halfway through. why give them an extra game?

You DON'T...this is why he needs to extra 15 days....to weed out the guys whom didn't buy in...according to rumor.... clean the slate NOW, rather than waiting until spring ball ! This was exactly what I was referring to in a post I made earlier. Cut bait with some of these guys, play the younger guys who you believe are there for the right reasons (unless it means burning a RS, which is obviously out of the question.).

I think he was talking about Missouri and their threatened boycott.

I think he was talking about Missouri and their threatened boycott.

Oops...my fault...sorry

I have also seen

espn (McMurphy) say Music City vs Arkansas

cbssports (Palm) say Armed Forces vs Air Force

Both updated....so no one really knows much yet !

Steward Mandel: Foster Farm Bowl in Santa Clara on Dec. 26 against UCLA

SB Nation: Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit on Dec. 28 against Duke (7-5)

Probably broke the conference tie-ins but I love KSU(5-7) faces NU in bowl game. Any bowl.

:snacks:

I think the air force match up in Dallas makes the most sense economically and football wise as it is a good matchup for the teams and close for all concerned travel wise. Face it, with a 5-7 record, neither team is going to bring big numbers of fans. You will likely have perhaps 10,000 Husker fans and 5,000 Air Force. Rest of seats will be empty unless it is a really nice day weatherwise and locals may come out to have a picnic and or catch some rays and shut eye.

San Francisco has very few Husker fans as far as I am aware. I don't recall many numbers from that area. Quite a few Californians down south a number of years ago but ?

New York bowl ? New Yorkers don't even know where Nebraska is nor anything about football really. I went to the kick off classic in the meadowlands stadium in '94. Nobody even knew where the State of Nebraska was except that is was out by California somewhere! LOL

Californians for Nebraska is the largest contingent outside the state. Or at least that is what they claim. No idea how many are in the Sfran area.

Long drive up there, but I have switched on call dates, so ready to go, I think. Makes for a short Christmas is the only draw back, and driving on the 5 and 480, the garbage piles of California freeways. 615 kickoff, will make it a very chilly night. Drive 20 hours, I may have talked myself out of this.

Californians for Nebraska is the largest contingent outside the state. Or at least that is what they claim. No idea how many are in the Sfran area.

Long drive up there, but I have switched on call dates, so ready to go, I think. Makes for a short Christmas is the only draw back, and driving on the 5 and 480, the garbage piles of California freeways. 615 kickoff, will make it a very chilly night. Drive 20 hours, I may have talked myself out of this.

We just stood in 24-degree weather, with a 15-mph wind, for four hours at the Iowa game. I think you Californians can handle some light jacket weather for this one. :D

• Fire 1

I think the air force match up in Dallas makes the most sense economically and football wise as it is a good matchup for the teams and close for all concerned travel wise. Face it, with a 5-7 record, neither team is going to bring big numbers of fans. You will likely have perhaps 10,000 Husker fans and 5,000 Air Force. Rest of seats will be empty unless it is a really nice day weatherwise and locals may come out to have a picnic and or catch some rays and shut eye.

San Francisco has very few Husker fans as far as I am aware. I don't recall many numbers from that area. Quite a few Californians down south a number of years ago but ?

New York bowl ? New Yorkers don't even know where Nebraska is nor anything about football really. I went to the kick off classic in the meadowlands stadium in '94. Nobody even knew where the State of Nebraska was except that is was out by California somewhere! LOL

I know it is a different time, but back when the Huskers came out and played Cal in the late 90s (Crouch's freshman season), half of the stadium was Scarlet (not exaggerating). I know that was coming of a national championship, but there would be some intrigue here...a new bowl, a new stadium some of us have never visited, perhaps a team we have never seen the Huskers play (please not UCLA). Anyway, I think there would be fan support from no-cal and certainly So-Cal.

As far as the drive goes, from LA to frisco it is about 6-ish hours give or take, but Southwest Airlines runs planes all day out of LAX, Ontario, John Wayne and Burbank airports to SFO for under $100 each way and the flight is around an hour.

Bowls are thinking in terms of selling tickets and getting TV Ratings share. NU vs KSU would be one of the worst rated bowl games of the year, just based upon geography/population, no matter how much nostalgic Big-8 fans from the two schools might want it.

NU vs KSU would do OK as far as TV ratings go. Lots of story lines to play-up. Much better than something like NU vs Middle Tennessee and KSU vs Utah St.