Defending the firing or defending the coach

lo country

Riley will get 4 years minumium, the offense is trending up, the defense is trending up, penalties are trending down, recruiting is trending up, no blowout losses, competitive in all games. The future is really looking very good.

Purdue was a blowout, penalties and the O against Iowa were both awful

Penalties were ok that were penalities, The Offense was pretty damn good overall. 10 points was a blowout? What did you call all of those games under our former coach??? interesting!

Riley will get 4 years minumium, the offense is trending up, the defense is trending up, penalties are trending down, recruiting is trending up, no blowout losses, competitive in all games. The future is really looking very good.

The only truth here is that the penalties are trending down.

By all means, troll on.

The only truth here is that the penalties are trending down.

By all means, troll on.

Its all true when you look at it with an open mind. But you may point out where I am wrong if you can.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

The defense is not trending up, we simply stopped facing sophisticated passing attacks. The only real passing attack we faced in the second half of the season was Michigan State, and we were torched. We rank among the worst teams in the country in penalty yards per game, recruiting is just as mediocre now as it has been the last 2 or 3 years. I can't argue with the no blowouts or competitiveness, but I would consider what happened when we played a bad Miami team and a bad Purdue team borderline blowout losses. The final scores in each of those games looked much better than what took place on the field.

Looking at the schedule for each of the next few seasons (lots of Ohio State, Michigan or Michigan state most years, non-conference matches against Oregon), I can't say "the future is really looking very good".

• Fire 1

No. It's called trolling and used to be against the rules but is now ok.
  • Fire 1

Not sure how you equate stating what is happening with the football team with trolling.

Pot and kettle?

Pot and kettle?

I don't think 74Hunter is trolling. He's just overbearing with opinion. RADAR seems to be intentionally trolling.

• Fire 1

I'll defend any coach against being fired after one year. We don't know what Riley is capable of yet. Maybe he'll continue to be bad. Maybe he won't. He should be given at least 3 years, probably 4.

Glad to see at least one person is using their brain.
  • Fire 1

Pot and kettle?

I don't think 74Hunter is trolling. He's just overbearing with opinion. RADAR seems to be intentionally trolling.

I just have a better grasp of the state of the football team. But thanks for sticking up for your likeminded buddy.

I do not think this staff is very good. Turnovers, penalties and game management are very poor, and have been for MR's entire career. The QB position was handled terribly this year. There is no way a player like TA should have been throwing this much, and making the decisions we saw him make. Add Fyfe's 55 passes as a 1st time starter in bad weather. I don't think the RBs were handled well either. Jano didn't get a single carry today, and we chose a fade to the end zone over Jano leading Cross on 4th and 1. There were special teams miscues, and the D was bad most of the year. IMO this is a typicl MR year: upset a good team, get killed by a bad team, and finish around 500. There is no evidence to suggest MR will take a team to the top 10.

I am not sure much can be don until we get a new chancellor. SE cannot be trusted to hire another coach. If we lose the sellout streak next year, changes will happen in a hurry.

Ryker Fyfe didn't throw 55 times against Purdue. Sorry. He went 29-48-4. He also threw for 407 yards and 4 TDs. If Fyfe doesn't throw 4 Ints we most likely win that game. Same with the Iowa game, if Tommy doesnt' throw 4 Ints we would probably have won that one as well.

Plenty of "ifs".

It's a shame Riley doesn't like the running game. "Ifs" wouldn't be as necessary.

These coaches are paid millions to understand the talent they have and plan accordingly. That is why they make MILLIONS and we work our asses off for crumbs. If I don't own a 4-wheel drive jeep, I would not go off-roading. Same principal here. If you do not have a QB that can accurately read his receivers and throw without giving the ball over 22 times, may be you should consider other avenues. Where the hell were Jano and Ozigbo throughout the Iowa game. The Iowa game was the ideal game for running the ball. That is what Iowa did. The difference between our coaches and the Iowa coaches is that the Iowa coaches play smart and to the strengths of their team and our coaches chew gum, look calm, and hope that Tommy does not throw an interception. That is poor planning on their part but then again, they will ride into the sunset with millions while we spend our time hoping that the CLOWN AD realizes the stupid mistake he made and finds a way to correct it. The only way to correct this mistake is to FIRE EICHORST immediately and bring in someone with Nebraska ties and have him tell MR that he needs to right the ship next year or he can start packing in November to beat the snow.

• Fire 1

Eichorst has done a fine job at Nebraska and he will be here for quite awhile. The IOWA coachs that you say play to the players strengths were on the verge of being fired last year and likely would have been if not for the huge buyout. You might want to wait another year to judge Mike Riley and staff.

And just to help you out with the facts, we ran the ball 10 more times during the game than Iowa for 15 less yards.