Graduated Transfer QB Thread

It could be a quick decision or a longer one for Lee depending on what he chooses to do academically.

"If a team will take me in the spring, I have that option to leave and enroll immediately,” Lee said. "But I probably won’t. I am in classes right now at Tulane, and I could finish up here and enroll somewhere in the summer. It wouldn’t be a bad thing to take more classes here, let my hand heal from surgery and just go from there.”
If Lee is granted a hardship from the NCAA, he would be able to transfer to an FBS school, sit out next fall and then have two years of eligibility remaining.

So he would have to sit 16 and then be eligible for 17? It wouldn't hurt to have some added depth for 2017/18.

Yeah, right now he has two years of eligibility left and has to sit a year. So he would sit in 16 and be eligible in 17. Then if he gets the hardship he'd also be eligible in 18.

So, NU fans want a transfer to come in from another school to provide depth and competition. So, now when a proposed transfer from Tulane comes into visit, NU fans aren't happy because he's "not good enough"? I am not saying this kid will ever do anything at his next stop, but most guys look to transfer from their current school because they are 2nd string/demoted/not all that great. Yes, there are exceptions like Russell Wilson going to Wisconsin, but Wilson is the exception and not the rule.

So, NU fans want a transfer to come in from another school to provide depth and competition. So, now when a proposed transfer from Tulane comes into visit, NU fans aren't happy because he's "not good enough"? I am not saying this kid will ever do anything at his next stop, but most guys look to transfer from their current school because they are 2nd string/demoted/not all that great. Yes, there are exceptions like Russell Wilson going to Wisconsin, but Wilson is the exception and not the rule.

So what you're saying is, he wasn't good enough? ;)

I don't have a problem with bringing in someone with starting experience for added depth. I think 2 people have said he is underwhelming, not sure you can lump that as "NU fans".

And I think the reason he is transferring is that Tulane hired a new coach who is moving to an option based offense and he skill set doesn't line up anymore.

So what you're saying is, he wasn't good enough? ;)

Well when you think about who we'll have after he sits out a year it makes sense. Highly likely Bush or Darlington wont ever see the field. Most likely an O'Brien backup but good competition no less.

If he's not good enough does that really provide competition/depth? Don't think so. We have 5 scholly QBs on the roster, numbers isn't the problem. Quality is.

Visiting LSU for a Tulane student is like taking the trip from UNO to Creighton to 'visit'. The kid needs no visit to LSU for any reason except to self promote as he has probably attended any number of games there, etc in his life already. The real question is why leave Tulane to come to Lincoln, unless Tulane is dropping football or changiing coaches or something of that sort. A back up at Tulane is not what we are needing unless we are looking at a change of positions or getting another player as well (brother, friend, cousin, etc.?). These are few things I would be wondering about.,