It's Official: Foster Farms Bowl: NU v UCLA, Dec. 26

I will put money on that we won't get beat because of this again.

2012 UCLA 344 rushing yards

What if they get over that in passing yards?

That's possible but I think less likely now than it was at the beginning of the year. It will be an interesting thing to watch in the game.

I posted this simply because this is what I remembered from the two games we recently played against them. I still have flash backs of seeing those huge holes their RB was running through.

PS....a question just came to mind. Is Gerry required to sit out any of this game due to his penalty in the last game?

Gerry's penalty came in the first half against Iowa, so he should be ok to play the entire bowl game. If his penalty was in the 2nd half of the Iowa game, that's where there would have been a carryover penalty.

Below is the event schedule for Bowl Week.

Tuesday, December 22nd

• Welcome dinners - Teams arrive!

Wednesday, December 23rd

• Kickoff Luncheon at the Westin St. Francis, 12:00pm-2:00pm
  • Press Conference
  • City tours and team dinners
  • Wives - Beach Blanket Babylon show
  • Assistant Coaches Anchor Brewery Tour
  • VIP Dinner

Thursday, December 24th

• Wives lunch
  • Official Party Children's visit to the Exploratorium
  • Team tours of Alcatraz
  • Ice Cream social for Official Party Children

Friday, December 25th

• Teams volunteer at GLIDE and St. Anthony's
  • Facility walk-throughs

Saturday, December 26th - GAME DAY

• Pre-game tailgate party
  • Pre-game show
  • 14th Annual Foster Farms Bowl Kickoff at 6:15pm at Levi's® Stadium!

http://www.sfbowl.org/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209737459&DB_OEM_ID=33200&DB_OEM_ID=33200

• Fire 1

This sounds similar to what was said before the bowl games against Georgia and USC.

Well, we went 1-1 vs GA and have lost the last 3 times we've played USC. Lost the last 2 vs UCLA. I think we can beat these guys even though they'll probably be the fav by double digits. Depends, as usual, mostly on TA and our secondary. But what would be refreshing to see is NU do the unexpected, like go in there and play a great game--play "above" themselves--and blow these guys off the field a bit. When's the last time we blew out a good team? AZ(33-0), a few years back is the only one I can think of this century. Whereas, we've been blown out numerous times vs good teams this century.

Below is the event schedule for Bowl Week.

Tuesday, December 22nd

• Welcome dinners - Teams arrive!

Wednesday, December 23rd

• Kickoff Luncheon at the Westin St. Francis, 12:00pm-2:00pm
  • Press Conference
  • City tours and team dinners
  • Wives - Beach Blanket Babylon show
  • Assistant Coaches Anchor Brewery Tour
  • VIP Dinner

Thursday, December 24th

• Wives lunch
  • Official Party Children's visit to the Exploratorium
  • Team tours of Alcatraz
  • Ice Cream social for Official Party Children

Friday, December 25th

• Teams volunteer at GLIDE and St. Anthony's
  • Facility walk-throughs

Saturday, December 26th - GAME DAY

• Pre-game tailgate party
  • Pre-game show
  • 14th Annual Foster Farms Bowl Kickoff at 6:15pm at Levi's® Stadium!

http://www.sfbowl.org/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209737459&DB_OEM_ID=33200&DB_OEM_ID=33200

Jealous.

Somebody on here mentioned about 3 weeks ago that NU was considered in Vegas to be a 7-2 team - with our 2-1 record since then that would make us similar to a 9-3 team. I know we are (5-7) however Vegas is usually spot on by the last part of the season and I would expect the game and line to be close.

That's pretty sobering.

I'm currently blessed with living in the Bay Area. I've flown the aerial coverage for games at Levi's. It's a nice venue, but not very well protected from the elements. After sunset it's been pretty chili the last few weeks, although I suppose that is relative. The last 7 years here have made me soft. I'm supposing most fans will be local in nature, but if you are making the trip don't expect it to be very warm. I'm trying to make arrangements to go to my first bowl game! Although I'm not stoked about our record, this is a great chance for me to take my CA born son to a Husker game so I'm stoked. I'm doing my best to raise a new husker fan in California.

how chili is chili?
Mid 40's to mid 50's after sunset, but it feels a lot colder due to the moisture in the air.

Edit: reading that back I hear my dad's voice in my head "Oh bite me! It's 19 degrees here!"

I had a friend who lived in the Bay Area and she said SF cold is a weird damp cold-you don't get warmed up for a long time.

Sounds a lot like Seattle. 40's there was colder than it is in Nebraska.

I'm currently blessed with living in the Bay Area. I've flown the aerial coverage for games at Levi's. It's a nice venue, but not very well protected from the elements. After sunset it's been pretty chili the last few weeks, although I suppose that is relative. The last 7 years here have made me soft. I'm supposing most fans will be local in nature, but if you are making the trip don't expect it to be very warm. I'm trying to make arrangements to go to my first bowl game! Although I'm not stoked about our record, this is a great chance for me to take my CA born son to a Husker game so I'm stoked. I'm doing my best to raise a new husker fan in California.

how chili is chili?
Mid 40's to mid 50's after sunset, but it feels a lot colder due to the moisture in the air.

Edit: reading that back I hear my dad's voice in my head "Oh bite me! It's 19 degrees here!"

I had a friend who lived in the Bay Area and she said SF cold is a weird damp cold-you don't get warmed up for a long time.

I've had plenty of friends and family spend time in that area, none of them ever said that it was particularly cold. Never said it was colder than winter in the Midwest.

There's no basis for thinking we'll get blown out in this game.

I think that UCLA will have no problem piling up points against NU's D. I think Rosen picks Banker's D apart. The only way NU keeps it close is if the offense keeps scoring with them, like NU did against Michigan State.

There's no basis for thinking we'll get blown out. Thinking we'll lose, yes.

how chili is chili?

I've had plenty of friends and family spend time in that area, none of them ever said that it was particularly cold. Never said it was colder than winter in the Midwest.

I've lived here for seven years. We can tell when people are visiting, because they are the only ones walking around shivering in shorts, flip flops, and a hooded sweatshirt that says "San Francisco".

Santa Clara, where Levi's is actually located is 45-60 minutes south and is generally a few degrees warmer, but I guess defer to your friends and family who are the experts.

• Fire 2

Hey, he is a fan of Nebraska football, and has every right to be unhappy with the performance this year. We all do. But at some point you have to realize it just was not as bad as it seemed. Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. But improvement in play, effort, desire all seem to me to be evident. I would much rather spend the off season, hoping, wishing, begging for improvement. Than the feeling of doom some on here have taken. Sure can not be a lot of fun for them.

This about entertainment, we don't do anything for the team that means anything. Our only job is to support them. I know some put money into this program, but it takes time to fix some things. I am willing to give him at least 4 years to right the ship. With the way the kids played for him, I would hate to throw the baby out with the bath water.

It is the Holiday Season, we all need to remember that, So Happy Holiday to all of you. Hope my Huskers work hard, develop over the next few weeks.

• Fire 1