Defensive line: Redshirts to the rescue!

NUance

For Nebraska's defensive line, redshirts could come to the rescue
By Sam McKewon / World-Herald Bureau Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2015 9:00 pm
<snip>
Defensive tackle Maliek Collins was more blunt in his praise. “The twins — they quick as (expletive),” Collins said. Strong, too.
“The last week of the season, I did like 545 on squat,” Collins said, “and they came in right after me and they did like 555.”
As for Alex Davis, NU wanted to add a little more weight to his 6-foot-5, 230-pound frame. That said, he wreaked havoc at times on the scout team. He served as Michigan State’s Shilique Calhoun as NU prepared for the Spartans, earning praise from coaches and teammates at the time.
“He’s a guy we’ve had a hard time blocking at times in practice,” offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf said in November.

LINK

We've all heard about the Davis twins. Backflips and all. Can't wait to see them this spring. I hadn't heard much of Alex Davis. Sounds like he made a lot of progress during his redshirt year. :thumbs:

• Fire 2

If we don't start recruiting better DL recruits the twins need to step up and I think they can. Alex Davis looks promising and so does Dashion and Freedom as well. Freedom can't disappear after a few games again in the coming seasons. Lets hope that these two guys will be hard to gameplan for because of their chemistry together.

If we don't start recruiting better DL recruits the twins need to step up and I think they can. Alex Davis looks promising and so does Dashion and Freedom as well. Freedom can't disappear after a few games again in the coming seasons. Lets hope that these two guys will be hard to gameplan for because of their chemistry together.

You mean disappearing as in getting hurt and sitting several games? :D

I'm excited to see if Daishon Neal can get on the field early, also Peyton Newell I know he was only a redshirt freshman this year but with all the hype he had coming out of high school I thought he would contribute early. I hope Natter contributes this year as well, but I heard on 1620 he has horrible knee issue

Newell played against such terrible competition he always looked amazing. I think he is still trying to breakout of the better competition rut.

I'm excited to see if Daishon Neal can get on the field early, also Peyton Newell I know he was only a redshirt freshman this year but with all the hype he had coming out of high school I thought he would contribute early. I hope Natter contributes this year as well, but I heard on 1620 he has horrible knee issue

Newell played against such terrible competition he always looked amazing. I think he is still trying to breakout of the better competition rut.

He is only a RsFr and sitting behind 2 potential NFL early rounders along with 2 other Jrs. I'm willing to give him a little more time.