Signed - DE Collin Miller

Mavric

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Miller-talks-emotional-exciting-commitment-43104076

The defensive end specifically mentioned Desmond Fitzpatrick, saying he’s spoken with the four-star wide receiver and Miller believes the Huskers will end up landing the wideout by signing day.

The Hamilton Southeastern (Fishers, Ind.) defender said he made the announcement on Sunday to Mike Riley and that it was an exciting and emotional moment.

“I told coach Riley I was committing and he had a huge smile on his face, everyone had a big smile on their face and then my mom started crying,” Miller said. “Then coach Riley got up away from the table and went over to comfort my mom. They’re such a great coaching staff."

• Fire 4

If he gets to Gangwish status by his SR year, I won't complain.

I would hope he's better than Gangwish. We can't be satisfied with serviceable defensive ends.

I thought Matty was referencing development of size....

It didn't cross my mind that he was talking ability.

He knows Gangwish is serviceable and average

If he gets to Gangwish status by his SR year, I won't complain.

I would hope he's better than Gangwish. We can't be satisfied with serviceable defensive ends.

I thought Matty was referencing development of size....

It didn't cross my mind that he was talking ability.

He knows Gangwish is serviceable and average

I commend Gangwish for putting in a TON OF WORK in the weight room to become a starter and a Blackshirt for NU. It would be great if all of NU's players were able to progress that much from high school to finishing college.

My point is that if we want NU to get back to winning championships, NU needs to bring in stud, high-talent, and fast guys rushing off the edge. Other than Gregory showing glimpses of that during his time at NU, it's been a while since NU has had a dominant player at DE.

Smallish for a DE, more LB size. I suppose if he puts on ~30 and grows 2-3" he might make it.

Anyway, WELCOME!

He's 6'3 245.

I agree. I don't think he's smallish for a DE. His arm length is going to be more important in keeping linemen off his body. Plus, a shorter guy can have more speed coming off the edge.

Von Miller is listed at 6'3" 250. I know he has amazing speed & quickness and plays a 3-4 OLB, but he is basically a rush end on passing downs.

Smallish for a DE, more LB size. I suppose if he puts on ~30 and grows 2-3" he might make it.

Anyway, WELCOME!

He's 6'3 245.

I agree. I don't think he's smallish for a DE. His arm length is going to be more important in keeping linemen off his body. Plus, a shorter guy can have more speed coming off the edge.

Von Miller is listed at 6'3" 250. I know he has amazing speed & quickness and plays a 3-4 OLB, but he is basically a rush end on passing downs.

The services list him @ 230 and list him as an outside LB. But even 245 is small. Big boy OTs are 6'5"+ and 300+ on average these days--think Wisconsin. If he gets up to 260 minimum @ DE, I can live with it, ya gotta be able to set the edge, stuff the run, in addition to pass rush. If the opposition's RB is as big or bigger than your DE, you are screwed--just ask UCLA.

Freedom is 255, McMullen 280, and Gangwish 265, Neal is 6'7", 250. Joey Bosa, 6'6", 275, that's what I'm talkin' about...

Anyway, WELCOME!

He's 6'3 245.

The services list him @ 230. But even 245 is small. Big boy DTs are 6'5"+ and 300+ on average these days. If he gets up to 260 minimum, I can live with it.
He's at 245 as an 18 year old high school senior. I'm sure by the time he's asked to contribute (RSFR or RSSO) he could easily have put in 10-20 pounds. Don't understand why you'd use DT measurables when talking about him.