Who will be the next DL Coach??????

Stumpy1

John Blake

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not him again!
You wouldn't want the guy that got Suh to Nebraska and is known as one of the best recruiters around? He was also cleared of any wrong doing while he was at UNC. I'd be happy to have him back.

Maybe you should Tweet him then.
Great rebuttal. Glad I got your opinion on the subject.

In 2010, Blake resigned from North Carolina in the midst of an investigation into players' relationships with agent Gary Wichard,[1] who died of pancreatic cancer in 2011.[2] At the time, Blake was suspected of being an employee and receiving cash benefits from Wichard.[1] On March 12, 2012, the NCAA announced that Blake had received a three-year show-cause penalty, which effectively barred him from college coaching during that period. The NCAA determined that Blake had received personal loans from Wichard and failed to disclose them to UNC, and also misled NCAA investigators.[2]

Like I said, Tweet him, he's prolly got some time on his hands.

I like the looks of that guy. Nice feather in the cap w/ Aaron Donald, that dude is a wrecking ball. Plus, if he's at Whisky, chances are probably good that he's underpaid. That being said, it would be an interesting dynamic if Riley poaches this guy since Chryst has ties to Riley as well. Yes, I realize that this guy coached w/ Riley first.

Yes, I believe he is in the low 200's

Well, NU can certainly do better than that compensation-wise.

Another guy I would love to see here would be Tosh Lupoi. He is currently Bama's outside backers coach but was the Dline coach for Washington and Cal before that. He is a recruiting animal but has been accused of bending the rules some.

Hes at a better place right now. I don't think a coach from a better program will come on over, you have to look and unearth a coach at a lower tier school that can step up and recruit and perform. The established good ones got a job somewhere.

I did a search on some of the best teams against the run in 2015, and from that am looking for d-line coaches that also are good at recruiting. One name that I don't know a lot about but that looks good on paper is Todd Stroud. He was a D-line coach for NC state about 10 years ago when five of his players were drafted, and seems to have done well at multiple stops. He's also been a recruiting coordinator before.

http://www.gozips.com/sports/fball/2014-15/coaches/stroud_todd

Wow just hearing the news about Hughes. Is it highly likely or not likely - that the possible replacement is already in place to be filled? Or will this be a search that starts now and will take some time? What would seem more reasonable?

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines. I'd be surprised if the position is not already filled. And they're just wait for a respectable period of time to pass before announcing it. Then again, who knows? :dunno:

Names being kicked around on the boards so far:

Inoke Brackterfield

John Parrella

John Blake

Joe Seumalo

You can probably add Tavita Thompson to that list. He's the grad assistant TE coach and by all accounts is doing a great job there (see Cethan Carter). He also has experience as the D-line coach at Pacific University in 2011. He played as an offensive tackle, and is from Hawaii. His Husker Bio.