WR Jamire Calvin [Washington State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It seems like this is a yearly occurrence - it isn't random either. I wonder if this is a common thing in CFB - teams just blatantly poaching recruits from a school.

Who is oregon poaching? Calvin is not committed anywhere. They offer a lot of the same guys that we have. It should be expected to get in these battle when you recruit the left Coast. Those teams see us having success in California and they offer and try to sell them the chance to play in the pac 12

• Fire 1

It seems like this is a yearly occurrence - it isn't random either. I wonder if this is a common thing in CFB - teams just blatantly poaching recruits from a school.

Who is oregon poaching? Calvin is not committed anywhere. They offer a lot of the same guys that we have. It should be expected to get in these battle when you recruit the left Coast. Those teams see us having success in California and they offer and try to sell them the chance to play in the pac 12

Maybe it's just me, but after following recruiting for several years I've heard other people here mention similar feelings this year.

Two years ago it was Kentucky.

Last year was Arizona State.

This year it seems to be Oregon.

Poaching may be a bad word - it seems like these schools come in late out of nowhere, and just start offering everyone we are seriously in on. Almost enough to make you think a coincidence might not be too practical.

See I don't think he will change his mind in his commitment when he does commit.

He almost committed to us almost a year ago and has stayed uncommitted throughout the process, almost like he respects the word committed.

I do think he is a good kid, a proud, disciplined on - won't commit if he isn't sure.

Maybe it's just me, but after following recruiting for several years I've heard other people here mention similar feelings this year.

Two years ago it was Kentucky.

Last year was Arizona State.

This year it seems to be Oregon.

Poaching may be a bad word - it seems like these schools come in late out of nowhere, and just start offering everyone we are seriously in on. Almost enough to make you think a coincidence might not be too practical.

What I pull from this is an upward trend in programs where we're recruiting the same guys... meaning we are getting in on better talent. Last year we lost a couple late to Clemson and Louisville, who both had better seasons than ASU and Kentucky. What's happening sucks, but at least we aren't settling on guys and shooting higher.

This is the guy we really need to pull for. I think Lewis is less than 50/50. We need this guy and we have a real shot.

What is the basis of your deductive reasoning on Lewis? A periscope a few weeks ago he failed to mention USC and now it's between us two? Maybe, just maybe, he's trying to soak in a little more fame until he announces his decision to come to Nebraska. Follow his entire thread, he's never faultered from Nebraska.

• Mavric unlocked this topic