Spring Position Battles - Offensive Line

Mavric

I really want one of our young guards to push through and win the RG spot, just seems like Farmer must be missing something. Not to knock Thurston, he's just never stood out to me in his appearances. Very excited to see what Foster can do though, been hearing hype about him for the last few years.

Positions where players will start out this spring:

LT - Gates, Hahn, Johnson

LG - Foster, Barnett

C - Utter, Thurston, Decker, Hannon

RG - Farmer, Whitaker

RT - Knevel, Gaylord, Conrad

I'd like to see Decker make a move.
Same. He's in one of my English classes. Pretty smart guy.
  • 2 weeks later...

From the article I read yesterday I got the impression as of right now we're looking at

LT: Gates

LG: Foster

C: Utter -OR- Thurston

RG: Farmer -OR- Whitaker

RT: Knevel

I'll see if I can find the article a little later but Cav made it seem like Center and Right Guard were the only good battles going on.

I got the sense he felt real good about the left side, but needs Knevel to elevate his game.

If I remember right Utter played Center at the Holiday Bowl against USC. Does anybody remember how he was snapping the ball? I imagine being able to do that well could give a guy a leg up even if he's not the greatest blocker. Utter seemed to get pushed around a bit last year and rumor has it McMullen routinely tramples him in practice.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=210830972&SPID=22&SPSID=1

Edited by The Dude
  • Fire 1

From the article I read yesterday I got the impression as of right now we're looking at

I'll see if I can find the article a little later but Cav made it seem like Center and Right Guard were the only good battles going on.

I got the sense he felt real good about the left side, but needs Knevel to elevate his game.

If I remember right Utter played Center at the Holiday Bowl against USC. Does anybody remember how he was snapping the ball? I imagine being able to do that well could give a guy a leg up even if he's not the greatest blocker. Utter seemed to get pushed around a bit last year and rumor has it McMullen routinely tramples him in practice.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=210830972&SPID=22&SPSID=1

And this will not change this year. Guy is too small.

• Fire 1

6'1" 295

What size do you want your center?

6'1" 295

What size do you want your center?

cartoonish_muscle_giant___bigger_by_n_o_

• Fire 1