Spring Game Visitors

We were 0/7 on kids we offered who visited last years spring game for that upcoming years class. Hopefully that changes this time around...

Currently have 16 oferred kids visiting who haven't commited yet. We obviously won't take all WRs and TEs for number reasons, but hope we can land at least 5 of these kids all together.

• Fire 1

Most football players with reasonable size (e.g. 6' plus and 200 lbs plus) have capability to play numerous positions. WRs are often very capable of adding a few pounds to become safeties, corners, linebackers, even QBs and tight ends, kick returners, etc. We want to recruit the best athletes and make them into great football players. That is what the all want as well.

What happens if all the wrs decide to commit? Will we become WR U and line up 5 wide every time?

In reality I think we take an oger and Lindsey and thats good for wr, I would assume some DT's would like to see the early playing time with three seniors on the roster I say we get a Dt to commit by the end of the week. Who all commits or puts Nebby as number one on there list? I say we get Lindsey just not this weekend and we get Isaiah Johnson and maybe another.

What happens if all the wrs decide to commit? Will we become WR U and line up 5 wide every time?

In reality I think we take an oger and Lindsey and thats good for wr, I would assume some DT's would like to see the early playing time with three seniors on the roster I say we get a Dt to commit by the end of the week. Who all commits or puts Nebby as number one on there list? I say we get Lindsey just not this weekend and we get Isaiah Johnson and maybe another.

We would take Lindsey, Calvin, and Lewis. Bell and Hawkins are plan B guys based on what I've seen.

Seems like one of the better posters in my view. Just a hunch but I like the feel I have on 84HuskerLaw. Happy to have him as a part of Husker Nation! He never regrets choosing to post his feelings for Nebraska! Reading his posts have been a life changing experience of fun and memories. Got a great education at UNL and I'm sure made lifelong memories that could never have been made at a comparable university. From deep down in my heart and soul and gut and intestinal tract, I feel recruits will read this and come to NU!

<insert Howard Dean scream>

• Fire 4

After all the cricism of my comments on here, I guess I am just wondering how many of the regular posters on here are UNL grads and not just fans from afar? I have been a Husker fan and game attendee since my first game as a kid in 1968. I missed dam few home games since 1971 when I was able to actually use one of my Dad's two season tickets for most of the games. I care as much as anyone, I dare say, about Nebraska football and the University where I attended both undergraduate and graduate years. I have attended nearly all the games over the span 1973 to 2014. In addition was a founding member of the original Sidetrack Tavern club and spent many a pregame and post game partying with the Sidetrack crowd and the band members who are very dear friends of mine. I am quite confident I have as much Husker football knowledge, experience, etc as almost anyone on this board. I did not play on the team but I did play high school football of course and small college ball as well, as a QB and punter.

Everybody is entitled to their opinions (or the sure ought to be) on this board or elsewhere for that matter. I don't agree with many of the posts as I obviously understand many don't agree with mine. Of course, I am old enough and wise enough now to state confidently that my nearly 5 decades of football study give me some credibility. I am sorry that so many feel that encouraging potential recruits as well as others who may read the discussions and comments on this site to be positive and excited is somehow wrong or inappropriate. I would be very surprised to learn that recruitting targets don't read things on here. I would expect them to study up and make wise decisions on their college plans, choices, and future in general. Nebraska football is a very positive experience for nearly every player who comes with a positive attitude and strong work ethic and the determination to be the best.

College is a challenge for the best and brightest but the rewards for success in college are lifelong. Each recruit needs to know Nebraska and Nebraska fans care sincerely.

• Fire 2

After all the cricism of my comments on here, I guess I am just wondering how many of the regular posters on here are UNL grads and not just fans from afar? I have been a Husker fan and game attendee since my first game as a kid in 1968. I missed dam few home games since 1971 when I was able to actually use one of my Dad's two season tickets for most of the games. I care as much as anyone, I dare say, about Nebraska football and the University where I attended both undergraduate and graduate years. I have attended nearly all the games over the span 1973 to 2014. In addition was a founding member of the original Sidetrack Tavern club and spent many a pregame and post game partying with the Sidetrack crowd and the band members who are very dear friends of mine. I am quite confident I have as much Husker football knowledge, experience, etc as almost anyone on this board. I did not play on the team but I did play high school football of course and small college ball as well, as a QB and punter.

Everybody is entitled to their opinions (or the sure ought to be) on this board or elsewhere for that matter. I don't agree with many of the posts as I obviously understand many don't agree with mine. Of course, I am old enough and wise enough now to state confidently that my nearly 5 decades of football study give me some credibility. I am sorry that so many feel that encouraging potential recruits as well as others who may read the discussions and comments on this site to be positive and excited is somehow wrong or inappropriate. I would be very surprised to learn that recruitting targets don't read things on here. I would expect them to study up and make wise decisions on their college plans, choices, and future in general. Nebraska football is a very positive experience for nearly every player who comes with a positive attitude and strong work ethic and the determination to be the best.

College is a challenge for the best and brightest but the rewards for success in college are lifelong. Each recruit needs to know Nebraska and Nebraska fans care sincerely.

I enjoyed your posts and enthusiasm!

I think you took the replies to your posts too serious, I'd venture to guess 95% of them were just messing around.

However I do not know what Huskerboard has to do with recruits studying up and making wise decisions on their college choice.

I don't think anyone questions your passion for the program and university. I would say that some question the delivery of the post, especially the last few days. The excitement and advice that you're trying to portray can be misconstrued as a tad creepy, depending on how one reads the post.

Wait.

You lost me at you punted in college but attended UNL for undergrad and grad school, but didn't play football there...