SIGNED - DT Damion Daniels

HuskerBoard Predictor  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mick is not a NT. If we want him to be he needs to put on some weight.

He is 290
Yeah not big enough

This was on this year's roster. He will probably be over 300 by fall. What is your source that says Diaco must have a 300+ NT?
The fact that most NT's are over 300. A NT should be shorter and heavier. Otherwise it's too easy to get stood up and pushed back.
  • Fire 1

Damion is almost the perfect body type. Add another 15 pounds... actually could be an inch shorter.... 6'2 325ish is solid, if explosive and unselfish !! Personally, once we hired Diaco, this kid has become my #1 "want". I don't see the NT type on the current roster.

• Fire 4

For those who are wondering about the NT and ideal height/weight measurements in Diaco's D:

We had a kid start for us named Julian Campenni who was an absolute MONSTER. Was 6'0 300lbs and was absolutely perfect in the middle. This past year the NT position belonged to Mikal Meyers who is 6'1 325. We didn't have a NT on the roster over 6'2, everyone who was taller than that played DE.

• Fire 2

For those who are wondering about the NT and ideal height/weight measurements in Diaco's D:

We had a kid start for us named Julian Campenni who was an absolute MONSTER. Was 6'0 300lbs and was absolutely perfect in the middle. This past year the NT position belonged to Mikal Meyers who is 6'1 325. We didn't have a NT on the roster over 6'2, everyone who was taller than that played DE.

That was my point exactly. Low to the ground, heavy in the lower body with low center of gravity. IMO, 6'3 is too tall....would love 6'1 or 6'2 and over 310.

** key is to be unselfish. You eat up space and offensive linemen !!

• Fire 1

That was my point exactly. Low to the ground, heavy in the lower body with low center of gravity. IMO, 6'3 is too tall....would love 6'1 or 6'2 and over 310.

** key is to be unselfish. You eat up space and offensive linemen !!

And then get drafted and make millions. It really is a great niche position.

I still think we get him but the longer this drags out.....

Obviously the possibility of a silent commit exists. But this used to be a "wrapped up right after the dead period ends" story. Now here we are two weeks later.....

Supposedly being close to getting a guy and then things don't happen right away hasn't worked out well for us this year. We were supposedly on the verge of flipping an Iowa commit at one point.

I still think we get him but the longer this drags out.....

Obviously the possibility of a silent commit exists. But this used to be a "wrapped up right after the dead period ends" story. Now here we are two weeks later.....

Supposedly being close to getting a guy and then things don't happen right away hasn't worked out well for us this year. We were supposedly on the verge of flipping an Iowa commit at one point.

Heck, I remember putting on the commitment date list that he probably would announce BEFORE the dead period.

This is the kind of situation that I personally would love to sit down with a recruit after it's all over and ask...WTF?

• Fire 1

I do not know what to expect with Daniels. Fun recruiting battle here from an outsider's perspective. Two new DCs, has to like the depth at his position for both schools, two NFL standout DLinemen as his position coach. Of course he could always pick UTSA and surprise everyone lol. Colorado got bent over in their bowl game but their DLine was impressive and their NT will get drafted from what I've read.