The General Election

I hope bnilhome is paid good money for his dogged work as a GOP counter-programming station. I respect that we disagree politically, but you really are a warrior for your cause.

Thanks for the compliment. I started watching elections when I was 10 and have followed politics closely since then. We are stuck in an election with 2 lousy candidates, but it seems most on here want to spend more time just criticizing one, so yes, there is some counter-balancing needed. I'm frankly amazed we are looking at a 4 to 6 point race still at this point given how bad of a month Trump has had and the fact Trump has yet to spend any money on advertising. I think we will see this race tighten once we get past labor day.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pow-its-just-a-2-point-race-clinton-38-trump-36/article/2599471

I realize Nate Silver is not a fan of Zogby since Zogby relies on Internet Surveys, but I think this article from Pew is pretty intriguing at the difference responses provided between phone and online surveys.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poll-wars-pew-says-internet-polls-often-more-accurate-candid-than-phone-surveys/article/2564575

• Fire 1

I hope bnilhome is paid good money for his dogged work as a GOP counter-programming station. I respect that we disagree politically, but you really are a warrior for your cause.

Thanks for the compliment. I started watching elections when I was 10 and have followed politics closely since then. We are stuck in an election with 2 lousy candidates, but it seems most on here want to spend more time just criticizing one, so yes, there is some counter-balancing needed. I'm frankly amazed we are looking at a 4 to 6 point race still at this point given how bad of a month Trump has had and the fact Trump has yet to spend any money on advertising. I think we will see this race tighten once we get past labor day.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pow-its-just-a-2-point-race-clinton-38-trump-36/article/2599471

I realize Nate Silver is not a fan of Zogby since Zogby relies on Internet Surveys, but I think this article from Pew is pretty intriguing at the difference responses provided between phone and online surveys.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poll-wars-pew-says-internet-polls-often-more-accurate-candid-than-phone-surveys/article/2564575

I think you are being very mislead by the "4-6 point race". Trump now has roughly about an 13% chance of winning.

Something catastrophic would have to happen to the Clinton campaign.

Well at least coming from Breitbart we know he will be fair and fact based with any guidance he gives Don. No slant at all at Breitbart.

Not only is Bannon from Breitbart, he also worked as an investment banker at Goldman Sachs (ya know, that evil place that Hillary talked to).

Not that there was a lot factual info coming from Trump anyways, but having this guy managing his campaign will increase the lies and smearing of Hillary greatly imo.

It's going to end up like Brexit. It has the exact same feel and progression.

It's going to end up like Brexit. It has the exact same feel and progression.

The Republican Primaries were exactly like Brexit. A lot of people who voted for how it turned out went....WTF...I didn't think he would win.

• Fire 4

but it seems most on here want to spend more time just criticizing one

Yeah. Because one is way, way worse.

I'm not a big fan of sinus infections. Don't like them, don't care for them, don't support them. But I don't spend a lot of time in active opposition to that because it just is what it is. Lung cancer, on the other hand, is much worse, and I'll spend a lot more time and energy being opposed to that particularly awful disease.

• Fire 7

I'm not a big fan of sinus infections. Don't like them, don't care for them, don't support them. But I don't spend a lot of time in active opposition to that because it just is what it is. Lung cancer, on the other hand, is much worse, and I'll spend a lot more time and energy being opposed to that particularly awful disease.

Not everyone thinks Hillary is only a "sinus infection". Matter of fact a lot of people believe she is "lung cancer" as well.

• Fire 2

Not everyone thinks Hillary is only a "sinus infection". Matter of fact a lot of people believe she is "lung cancer" as well.

there's a good probability that those people are wrong.

• Fire 1

Well at least coming from Breitbart we know he will be fair and fact based with any guidance he gives Don. No slant at all at Breitbart.

Not only is Bannon from Breitbart, he also worked as an investment banker at Goldman Sachs (ya know, that evil place that Hillary talked to).

Not that there was a lot factual info coming from Trump anyways, but having this guy managing his campaign will increase the lies and smearing of Hillary greatly imo.

The fringe right of the GOP has gotten control. Trump ousting Manafort is essentially him saying "I'm tired of being controlled and moderated to try to appeal to a wider audience." At least, when combined with the "I don't want to pivot, I am who I am" quote, that's what I take this to mean.

But this faction of the right calling the shots means things are about to get kooky. They're about to get even zanier than before. If you thought Trump in the primary was bad, wait until you get Trump under the advisement of Roger Stone, Roger Ailes, and the head of Breitbart. They've absolutely been one of the biggest lackeys in the media for him this whole time, absolutely sycophantic and encouraging everything.

Buckle up. It's going to be a fun 82 days. The zealots are driving the clown car.

200_s.gif