The General Election

So let me see if I get it... Linking to breitbart and infowars is ok. Trying to debunk something using snopes is bad.

Got it.

No....it's just the fact that any site that would even think about debunking right wing crap is obviously left leaning and can't be trusted. We need to take Breitbart and Infowars at their word and not question it. Got it????

• Fire 1

I will credit the Trump campaign and for not kicking Hillary while she was down and out yesterday. I was expecting some sort of snarky tweets/comments from some high level campaign members. And even this morning Trump said the right thing when asked about it.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday; I was really surprised he wasn't himself, in that regard.

• Fire 1

First off, as I've shown on here before, any use of snopes to discredit other sources is ludicrous. Snopes and it's founder are left-leaning and will more times than not try to defend Hillary. We can go back and forth with different sources claiming the other is accurate. You can believe that she simply has a mild case of pneumonia if you want, but there have been many other episodes she has had that would require her to have had pneumonia for a long time.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/17/fact-checking-snopes-websites-political-fact-checker-is-just-a-failed-liberal-blogger/

As for Trump's tax returns, explain again why you feel this is important but having Hillary's evaluation by a completely independent medical professional is not important?

And thanks for the kind words...I do watch my mom like a hawk as her father died of it, and his father also died of it.

That's an awful situation to be in, with the family history. God bless those you care about and keep them safe. I wouldn't wish any of these neurological disorders on ANYONE. Seeing a lot of that working in a hospital setting... it's truly one of the most heartbreaking things that can happen to family members and of course, the individual.

I was not aware Snopes had any type of bias. I've just found them useful to fact-check things in the past, usually apolitical.

On the whole though, fact-checking services tend not to be kind to Republicans. I hearken back to this moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4f5ewIYYuQ

It's easy to get caught up in our own emotions. We all do it when it comes to this stuff. But it's important to try to delineate the facts from our feelings or assumptions.

As for Hillary's health, I'm not at all qualified to say, but I'm going to assume she'll rest and take antibiotics and get over it. That's the typical resolution of that illness. If it gets worse, we'll hear about it. She's 68. Trump is 70. They're both going to have medical issues a younger person wouldn't.

I'm all for her releasing more medical information. I'd be in favor of her just having her treating physician be very open and provide updates to the media. She has put out a LOT more than Trump thus far... Apparently he's set to release results of a real physical next week. So that's good.

To Red's point, he's actually handled this pretty cordially. I too expected Giuliani and Lewandowski and other shameless supporters who sold their dignity to hop on the Coughgate truther wagon long ago to hop all over this to try to maximize benefit. They haven't, yet, and that's respectful. Apparently Trump went off the rails on his CNBC interview immediately after that one though...

Hillary has pneumonia. She was diagnosed on Friday, but kept campaigning through it on Friday and Saturday. And it caught up with her on Sunday morning.

And it took her campaign what, 8 hours to let people know that she had pneumonia after they had already told people that she wasn't feeling well because of heat exhaustion? Which is it? If she had pneumonia that was diagnosed on Friday why wouldn't they just come out and say that right away? This was handled very poorly by her campaign.

Hillary has pneumonia. She was diagnosed on Friday, but kept campaigning through it on Friday and Saturday. And it caught up with her on Sunday morning.

And it took her campaign what, 8 hours to let people know that she had pneumonia after they had already told people that she wasn't feeling well because of heat exhaustion? Which is it? If she had pneumonia that was diagnosed on Friday why wouldn't they just come out and say that right away? This was handled very poorly by her campaign.

I agree it was handled horribly.

I am sure she was advised to cut down on her schedule, but she wanted to keep going and not appear "low energy".

And imagine the uproar if she missed the 9/11 memorial ceremony?

I agree it was handled horribly.

I am sure she was advised to cut down on her schedule, but she wanted to keep going and not appear "low energy".

And imagine the uproar if she missed the 9/11 memorial ceremony?

She would've been crucified. It would've been brutally leveraged against her. Personally, I would've announced she had it, and showed up at the event anyway. I think you could paint a patriotic picture there. Though, I'm sure if she still had the episode she had yesterday, it would've been wielded as poor judgment or something.

The most disconcerting thing for anyone that wants Clinton to win the election (or Trump to lose) is her penchant for excessive privacy, to the point of secrecy. That should be the point detractors take from this. It's that that led to this, and partially the email thing, and other headaches for the Clintons. It's frustrating as hell for supporters.

I have no idea why you wouldn't just announce you had pneumonia and it's expected to resolve quickly. It's rather routine for someone at that age. Trying to keep it bottled up was just a silly mistake.

I will credit the Trump campaign and for not kicking Hillary while she was down and out yesterday. I was expecting some sort of snarky tweets/comments from some high level campaign members. And even this morning Trump said the right thing when asked about it.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday; I was really surprised he wasn't himself, in that regard.

Naaaa....They are pissed that it's not something more serious. She will be over this in about a week and won't have long term affects. They were hoping this was something that would prove she was unable to fulfill the duties of President.

Darn it....

Yes, the NY Daily News asked the same question:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/clinton-pneumonia-cover-story-proves-instinct-lie-article-1.2788402