Foltz or Koch

I don't remember Koch shanking as many punts as Foltz has not that he has had a ton, but enough to be noticeable

Yep, Koch was the better punter and it's not that close. Koch has the better average distance and better consistency throughout his career. However, Foltz has his senior year left when I'd expect him to put up his best numbers.

• Fire 2

While average kick distance is an important consideration, I think that "Net punting" average is much more important as is average hang time and numbers of punts inside the 10 yard line as well as number of return yards and punts blocked. Punter does not get all the credit nor blame when the Net punt yards are not as good but a great punter will normally have superior numbers in these areas as he has the skill to place the punts in the right locations and not just boom them down field a bunch of yards. And long punts which are fielded and returned will often be big returns for the opponent. What you of course really want is a punter who will flip the field position and put the opponent's offense pinned against its own goal line or in a tough position relatively speaking. The punter has to help his defense and his offense. Field position is his contribution area no doubt. Compare those numbers and then you can really discuss which punter may be better. But, one needs to be careful. As with most statistical comparisons, I feel it is best to toss out the highest 2% and lowest 2% of the data and then compute the averages, etc. This eliminates those odd instances which can really distort the numbers.

Both these guys, along with a dozen or more others, are and were excellent punters. Nebraska has rarely if ever had a 'poor' punter and typically has a punter in the top two or three in the conference. This has been the case for decades.

• Fire 1

Foltz played injured for several games that he should have been rehabbing. Lets see how his senior year plays out. I think he may have the best single season of any punter ever at NU. Does that mean he has had the best 4 year career at NU? No, but he will leave here with some great numbers.

I'll go with Henery. Seems like he got it inside the 5 many times. Punt distance average may not be the best measurement to look at. At least not by itself. A 41 yard punt that's downed at the 19 is better than a 60 yard punt that's a touchback.

Sexiest punter goes to Foltz.