Updated "Marquee Games" on 9/17

w/o TV times

Oregon @ Nebraska

Colorado @ Michigan

UCLA @ BYU

NDSU @ Iowa

w/ TV times

Florida St @ Louisville 11:00 ABC

Pitt @ Oklahoma St 2:30 (no TV channel listed)

Alabama @ Ole Miss 2:30 CBS

A&M @ Auburn 6:00 ESPN/ESPN2

Miss St @ LSU 6:00 ESPN/ESPN2

Ohio St @ Oklahoma 6:30 Fox

Michigan St @ Notre Dame 6:30 NBC

Georgia @ Missouri 6:30 SECN

Duke @ Northwestern 7:00 BTN

USC @ Stanford 7:00 ABC

Texas @ Cal 9:30 ESPN or ESPN2

So ESPN and ESPN 2 each going with an SEC game kills the chance of a night kick as ESPN, ESPN2, ABC, and BTN are full.

A&M vs Auburn and Mississippi State vs LSU getting in over a Pac 12 vs Big Ten matchup?

C'mon man.

• Fire 1

What about like a cbs sports network? If a smaller network could pony up enough to get this game it could be a big win. But if it has to be disney family, is ESPNU a possibility?

The rights to the Big Ten belong to ESPN/ABC this year. Random networks like CBS Sports Network or NBC Sports Network can't buy rights to individual games just to put them on prime time.

This might be creative thinking but don't they still have the 9:30 ESPN/2 slot across from the Texas game available? 8:30 local kick? Fairly certain that teams in the central time zone have had this kick time before. Not likely since I think it'll be BYU/UCLA but depending on how well our administration can influence TV producers one would think that that slot is still in play.

In order of likelihood at this point:

2:30 CT

11:00 CT

8:30 CT

I am pretty sure the only time we have played the 8:30 kickoff was when we were playing on the west coast- UCLA/ Fresno State.

The fact we are playing a West Coast team might help the chance of getting a later kick, but i am not so sure on that.

I would imagine Memorial would be ROCKING for an 8:30pm kick... atmosphere similar to Miami a couple years ago.

I am pretty sure the only time we have played the 8:30 kickoff was when we were playing on the west coast- UCLA/ Fresno State.

The fact we are playing a West Coast team might help the chance of getting a later kick, but i am not so sure on that.

I would imagine Memorial would be ROCKING for an 8:30pm kick... atmosphere similar to Miami a couple years ago.

The FSU game was 9:30 CT and 7:30PT

There is no way NU would agree to an 8:30 PM kickoff. There would be a lot of backlash from season ticket holders, especially those who live a further than an hour drive.

This might be creative thinking but don't they still have the 9:30 ESPN/2 slot across from the Texas game available? 8:30 local kick? Fairly certain that teams in the central time zone have had this kick time before. Not likely since I think it'll be BYU/UCLA but depending on how well our administration can influence TV producers one would think that that slot is still in play.

In order of likelihood at this point:

2:30 CT

11:00 CT

8:30 CT

Hello 11:00 CT, or as like to call it - 9 AM Oregon time for breakfast

to any and every person that thinks that it is impossible for the Huskers to play an 8:30 CT kick- games on the east coast routinely kick off at 8:00 ET and fans still somehow make it to and from the games. Personally, I would much rather the game be at 8:30 CT than 11:00 CT, I don't think it is likely since I think the UCLA/BYU game will go there but there's no reason that the BYU/UCLA game couldn't be at 3:30 ET (12:30 PT) and the Huskers/Ducks couldn't kick off at night.