What Would It Take to Draw More Interest In Attending Games

Like so many of you here, I have a super sweet set up at home. TV is big, sound system is great, I have a kick ass grill and smoker that gives me better food and a fridge that is full of better beer. I invite a couple friends over and we are going to have an amazing day for $40.

The game day experience is fantastic, and I want that at least once a year. But my at home experience is every bit as good (in a different way). I think this is the number one problem for stadiums going forward and I don't see any way for them to fix it.

Like so many of you here, I have a super sweet set up at home. TV is big, sound system is great, I have a kick ass grill and smoker that gives me better food and a fridge that is full of better beer. I invite a couple friends over and we are going to have an amazing day for $40.

The game day experience is fantastic, and I want that at least once a year. But my at home experience is every bit as good (in a different way). I think this is the number one problem for stadiums going forward and I don't see any way for them to fix it.

I think this is how a lot of fans feel. Even going to a sports bar is usually a lot more fun than being inside the stadium. Well, if it is a Husker sports bar.

I think some of the suggestions here, particularly stadium upgrades regarding seats, would help.

I haven't been to many other college stadiums, but the ones I have been to have mostly bench seats. How many other college stadiums have actual, physical seats?

However, the most pertinent suggestion is just winning. I don't think people will care a bunch about the bells and whistles if the team does well.

• Fire 1

The last thing that stadium needs is to further encourage people to sit down.

Who wants to stand while we are pummeling Maryland? I'll stand when the wave comes.
The wave is so dangerous. Last year, 13 Iowa fans drowned.

That's why they were wearing those arm floaties...

Personally having beer sales in the stadium really would not be a big draw for me at the game. I drink enough beer on game day that having a couple more in stadium is not really needed.

I think they could reduce the the number of seats by 5000 or so and that would be better. By making the seat wider by a few inches.

• Fire 2

I think some of the suggestions here, particularly stadium upgrades regarding seats, would help.

I haven't been to many other college stadiums, but the ones I have been to have mostly bench seats. How many other college stadiums have actual, physical seats?

However, the most pertinent suggestion is just winning. I don't think people will care a bunch about the bells and whistles if the team does well.

Hardly any. If we had actual seats, our attendance would drop to like 70,000

-Get the 3-4 morons in Northeast stadium into the correct row so my row isn't a sardine can.

-Beer

-Ban the family behind me. You 3 have been coming to every game for at least 7 years now, you would think 1 of you would be able to figure out the difference between offense and defense....but nope! You continue to scream GO DEFENSE in that nails on a chalkboard voice when The QB just snapped the ball. Your daughters voice makes me want to punch kittens.

-Beer

-Maybe a little padding on the worlds most uncomfortable bleacher seats?

-More Beer please

-A home conference opponent that doesn't suck

-One more beer

-Somebody mop the piss off the mens room floor, and hang an air freshener or two

-Okay LAST beer....and maybe one more for the road

Have you considered the correlation between beer and piss on the floor? :)

• Fire 3