Gun Control

I thought you were being facetious-Im not clear on laws re:election party support in Britain, but because of the very one sided allegiance of the NRA its an easy way to funnel money directly to the folks you want in power.  

Id love to see how much they have donated in previous campaigns vs 2016.  THAT would be interesting.  

Edited by NM11046
12 hours ago, knapplc said:

I'm super interested in direct quotes from David Hogg where he's taken "personal shots" at others.  Please post direct quotes from him, not someone's opinion of what he's saying, please.

He attacked Rubio, as noted here: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/david-hogg-attacks-marco-rubio/

More quotes where he attacks right-wingers here: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/david-hogg-profanity-laced-rant-targets-gun-rights-supporters/

There are plenty more examples available through a simple Google search.

• Plus1 1
22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I was pointing out the liberal hypocrisy on this issue. I thought that was clear. 

"You can’t argue, as countless liberals have,"

No. This sentence has references to two separate parties, compared to each other. You were quoting me, and addressing me, and referenced me as 'you', and then compared that to a general supposed liberal hypocrisy. If you were addressing the liberal hypocrisy, then you wouldn't have compared the liberal hypocrisy to the liberal hypocrisy.

So, once again, please point out where I've done that. Thanks.

22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I was pointing out the liberal hypocrisy on this issue. I thought that was clear. 

No. This sentence has references to two separate parties, compared to each other. You were quoting me, and addressing me, and referenced me as 'you', and then compared that to a general supposed liberal hypocrisy. If you were addressing the liberal hypocrisy, then you wouldn't have compared the liberal hypocrisy to the liberal hypocrisy.

• Plus1 1

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He attacked Rubio, as noted here: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/david-hogg-attacks-marco-rubio/

More quotes where he attacks right-wingers here: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/david-hogg-profanity-laced-rant-targets-gun-rights-supporters/

So it's unfair of him to talk about Rubio being bought by the NRA, that's what right wingers are complaining about?

And what is the objection to the language he uses in the second link when right wingers didn't bat an eyelash at Trump talking about women with Billy Bush?

The double standard here is hilarious. The kid can't say these things because they're bad! But it's totally cool to be in the bag for Trump when he talks this way.

Next time you hear a liberal swear, just pretend they learned their potty mouth language from Trump. 

• Plus1 3
25 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Uh...”you” can mean either the person you’re speaking to or be posed as a hypothetical...

So if we’re discussing a brutal axe murder and I say, “Wow, you can’t just kill someone with an axe,” I’m likely not accusing YOU of committing the murder in question. 

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So it's unfair of him to talk about Rubio being bought by the NRA, that's what right wingers are complaining about?

And what is the objection to the language he uses in the second link when right wingers didn't bat an eyelash at Trump talking about women with Billy Bush?

The double standard here is hilarious. The kid can't say these things because they're bad! But it's totally cool to be in the bag for Trump when he talks this way.

Next time you hear a liberal swear, just pretend they learned their potty mouth language from Trump. 

I’m not defending Trump’s language either. But it is amusing how quickly you went from claiming ignorance about any pot shots Hogg has taken, to shrieking about how Trump does it too.

• Plus1 1

“Why are we having all these people from s#!thole countries come here?”

"How can a dummy dope like Harry Hurt, who wrote a failed book about me but doesn’t know me or anything about me, be on TV discussing Trump?"

"For all of those who want to #MakeAmericaGreatAgain, boycott @Macys. They are weak on border security & stopping illegal immigration."

"I hope the boycott of @Macys continues forever. So many people are cutting up their cards. Macy's stores suck and they are bad for U.S.A."

".@Macy’s is a big contributor to @PPFA . Anybody against Planned Parenthood should boycott racial profiling Macy’s."

".@BrentBozell, one of the National Review lightweights, came to my office begging for money like a dog. Why doesn't he say that?"

"Wacko @glennbeck is a sad answer to the @SarahPalinUSA endorsement that Cruz so desperately wanted. Glenn is a failing, crying, lost soul!"

"Really dumb @CheriJacobus. Begged my people for a job. Turned her down twice and she went hostile. Major loser, zero credibility!"

"Mitt Romney, who was one of the dumbest and worst candidates in the history of Republican politics, is now pushing me on tax returns. Dope!"

"I moved on her, and I failed. I'll admit it.

—I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn't get there. And she was married

I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Grab 'em by the pu&&y. You can do anything."

• Plus1 2
56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

But it is amusing how quickly you went from claiming ignorance about any pot shots Hogg has taken, to shrieking about how Trump does it too.

:facepalm:

Trump is THE PRESIDENT. He should be held to a higher standard than a high schooler. And it isn't amusing - it's the obvious direction people are going to take when you constantly defend Trump.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 7

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I’m not defending Trump’s language either. But it is amusing how quickly you went from claiming ignorance about any pot shots Hogg has taken, to shrieking about how Trump does it too.

By all means, take the stage and condemn Trump as heartily as you're condemning David Hogg. Or just admit being a hypocrite. Either way, you have no viable argument here.

• Plus1 7
11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Wait.....just mentioning a politician and their relationship with the NRA and how they vote based on their contributions......is "attacking" the politician????

Really??????

The Right is somehow now appalled because someone uses profanity????  Oh the hypocrisy.  

You're really reaching there.  

The Republicans have ZERO moral high ground on something like this.

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 4
16 hours ago, knapplc said:

By all means, take the stage and condemn Trump as heartily as you're condemning David Hogg. Or just admit being a hypocrite. Either way, you have no viable argument here.

I’m no fan of Trump. I don’t particularly care for him. And I don’t think you know what the word “hypocrite” means.