Gun Control

The future of the GOP ^^^

We visited my GF's family in Michigan recently. I went to pick something up from family friends with her stepdad. He's a pretty enthusiastic gun owner as were the friends. The dad & sons were actually out shooting when we showed up.

Anyway, stepdad and mom of family start chatting and eventually get onto protests. She mentions her son put up a photo of their school's protestors with the caption "200 dumbasses" followed by a photo for his AR15. He subsequently got hauled into the principles office with the parents and they had to explain to him why that's not a wise idea in the current climate.

The conversation wrapped up with mom wanting more togetherness between students and less separating of students into pro-gun/anti-gun, as she thought that would just make things worse. But then she asked when they'd get to have pro-gun protests.

It's difficult to talk 2A with people.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Clifford Franklin said:

The conversation wrapped up with mom wanting more togetherness between students and less separating of students into pro-gun/anti-gun, as she thought that would just make things worse.

Almost all conversations involving Republicans I've seen/been a part of the last 2-3 years has ended up with the "divisive" shtick. It's a cop out.

Edited by Moiraine
4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Almost all conversations involving Republicans I've seen/been a part of the last 2-3 years has ended up with the "divisive" shtick. It's a cop out.

You ask me, kids getting blown away in school & other kids being afraid it's going to happen to them or a group of government jackboots rolling up and ripping away everyone's guns are both pretty divisive. But only one of them has happened.

But I guess if you cite divisiveness it means you can continue to believe the problem is solely on people and there's no need to tighten any gun laws.

Edited by Clifford Franklin