I"m a simpleton, but it seems Tommy needs to be the obvious starter, with Fyfe the backup. But am I wrong to think it would be good to get POB involved in some meaningful minutes, either by design, or by need (injuries) before the end of the season? That gives him game experience, but more importantly, it gives him motivation to hang in there during the Tanner Lee year/s as well as face the challenge Gebbia will bring.

I'm just thinking in terms of the notion that one or more will end up transferring. I'd rather they all feel they have a reason to stay. Get POB a few series, hopefully a little success and give him some blood in the game.

I"m a simpleton, but it seems Tommy needs to be the obvious starter, with Fyfe the backup. But am I wrong to think it would be good to get POB involved in some meaningful minutes, either by design, or by need (injuries) before the end of the season? That gives him game experience, but more importantly, it gives him motivation to hang in there during the Tanner Lee year/s as well as face the challenge Gebbia will bring.

I'm just thinking in terms of the notion that one or more will end up transferring. I'd rather they all feel they have a reason to stay. Get POB a few series, hopefully a little success and give him some blood in the game.

POB needs to redshirt and get his snaps next year behind Tanner Lee. Gebbia needs to redsirt next year.

Need to vs want to.....two entirely different parts of the universe for an 18 year old stud.....but yes, that would be optimal

Why do so many think that a transfer from Tulane of all places, apparently not good enough to win and keep the job there, should suddenly beat out all of our other QBs for the job after one redshirt year in the program? What has he done?

not much, no one was clamoring for his services either.

Why do so many think that a transfer from Tulane of all places, apparently not good enough to win and keep the job there, should suddenly beat out all of our other QBs for the job after one redshirt year in the program? What has he done?

The reason he transferred was bc of the offensive system change not bc he wasn't good enough. I believe they switched from a pro style offense to a spread with more emphasis on mobility at the qb position. I think people are high on him bc he has experience and all the tools to be able to run our offense. Last but not least the last person we got from Tulane was pure gold. Coach williams was a not very well known commodity that could be one of our most important assistant coaches we hired

• Fire 2

BS. He also visited LSU, before deciding on Nebraska, and would have plenty of suitors had Nebraska not jumped on him quickly and got him.

The guy has started 19 games at the FBS level, it doesn't matter if it was Tulane. You're obviously not going to get that kind of experience anywhere else on the roster once Tommy graduates. Saying he's definitely going to start over O'Brien in 2017 is also ignorant, nobody has any clue how that competition will work out next year. All I know is that Nebraska's quarterback room for 2017 is more talented with Lee in it rather than without

• Fire 3

BS. He also visited LSU, before deciding on Nebraska, and would have plenty of suitors had Nebraska not jumped on him quickly and got him.

The guy has started 19 games at the FBS level, it doesn't matter if it was Tulane. You're obviously not going to get that kind of experience anywhere else on the roster once Tommy graduates. Saying he's definitely going to start over O'Brien in 2017 is also ignorant, nobody has any clue how that competition will work out next year. All I know is that Nebraska's quarterback room for 2017 is more talented with Lee in it rather than without

It doesn't matter so much that it was at Tulane. It does matter that he was a 53% passer with nearly as many INTs as TDs. So far he's been TA without the running ability. And that's against ... shall we say ... competition that isn't as good as he'll see here.

Visiting LSU is not the same as having a legitimate offer to go there. And even if it was, it's not like LSU has been a QB hotbed lately. Their offense has done less with more talent than probably anywhere in the country the last several years.

If Lee is our starter going into next year, we're nowhere near where we want to be.

• Fire 2

It doesn't matter so much that it was at Tulane. It does matter that he was a 53% passer with nearly as many INTs as TDs. So far he's been TA without the running ability. And that's against ... shall we say ... competition that isn't as good as he'll see here.

Visiting LSU is not the same as having a legitimate offer to go there. And even if it was, it's not like LSU has been a QB hotbed lately. Their offense has done less with more talent than probably anywhere in the country the last several years.

If Lee is our starter going into next year, we're nowhere near where we want to be.

Sorry you lack confidence in him. Let the staff work with him and then if he plays to your level - you can bash him all you want

• Fire 1

Sorry you lack confidence in him. Let the staff work with him and then if he plays to your level - you can bash him all you want

What exactly is "your level"? I'm simply stated what he has actually done on the field.

• Fire 1

I don't think the buzz for Tanner Lee is off base. Anointing him is obviously premature, but all anyone is saying is that he'll be a solid contender in a race where the other top contender is likely to be a redshirt freshman. And of course a 3-9 Tulane team about to fire its coach was unlikely to produce gaudy passing numbers. Lee's use of his redshirt year under Langs and Riley will be critical.

They've built up the QB room well, and it will be a crowded one. There will be plenty of competition to sort things out, between Lee, a few older players, and two very touted young guns. There might not be an All-B1G QB in the bunch, but keep stocking that room and adding solid recruits, and they'll get one to emerge eventually.

Lee has experience, an arm, and savvy. How much of the latter two is up for debate. NU's stronger for having him, whether he wins the race or just pushes others to beat him.

• Fire 1

I don't think the buzz for Tanner Lee is off base. Anointing him is obviously premature, but all anyone is saying is that he'll be a solid contender in a race where the other top contender is likely to be a redshirt freshman. And of course a 3-9 Tulane team about to fire its coach was unlikely to produce gaudy passing numbers. Lee's use of his redshirt year under Langs and Riley will be critical.

They've built up the QB room well, and it will be a crowded one. There will be plenty of competition to sort things out, between Lee, a few older players, and two very touted young guns. There might not be an All-B1G QB in the bunch, but keep stocking that room and adding solid recruits, and they'll get one to emerge eventually.

Lee has experience, an arm, and savvy. How much of the latter two is up for debate. NU's stronger for having him, whether he wins the race or just pushes others to beat him.

All I know is NFL scouts really like Tanner Lee and they really don't like Tommy Armstrong. And both have strong arms, similar pass completion percentages, and similar numbers of interceptions. There's something about Tanner the pros like. Let's see what he does with a lot of talent around him and a year sitting out to study film.

Gebbia won't start as a true freshman. He's practically a walking stick man. There's no way his body could take the big 10 beating during a season until he puts some weight and strength on. If you start him as a true freshman, he'll be out with an injury by game 3 or 4. He is not physically ready for big 10 football. He needs a year of S&C and nutrition before he will be able to handle the hits of 6'6" 280lb defensive linemen who squat 600.

• Fire 1

In an ideal world, POB comes along this season to the point where he is the solid #2, and getting reps in blowouts. This would give us flexibility to redshirt Gebbia, and put 2 years inbetween them.

In terms of this season, Tommy is the man. He'll only come off the field if we're winning big, or by injury (knock on wood).