I know nothing about app programming, but Niantic should have considered maybe limiting the playing field of the game? Wandering into yards or the freakin' Holocaust Museum to catch Pokemon is a weird concept (unless they literally couldn't restrict it to things like public parks, shopping areas, schools/universities et al? Like I said, no app programming knowledge whatsoever). I also wouldn't have to read irrationally angry social media posts about it from family members with way too much free time but I digress :|

I don't know how the game works, but my wife thinks it's the best thing ever. My step son who used to be glued to his laptop 24/7 (especially in the summer) has been out and about constantly. She said she took him to some land marks around the area and 10 to 20 people were there doing the same thing, striking up conversations with perfect strangers, people getting exercise that otherwise wouldn't.

That's what I loved about it when I heard about it. But then when I started playing I discovered I didn't even have to get near the Pokemon to catch them... They should make the radii smaller. Like maybe you can see the ones within 50 yards, but you have to be within 5 yards to catch them.

I'm not gonna do it again because it's horrible and stupid but I caught one at Mahoney while driving on I-80...

Dewiz, you're trying to spend almost two thousand dollars on a gaming computer that you want to be sure can play games at 4k instead of 1080p, and you want to spend 5 minutes making a bunch of posts mocking people playing a game that's free, encourages exercise and is on a device that we all already own?

• Fire 6

zoogs, i don't think ash ketchum has ever gotten even close to catching them all, and he's the most famous pokemon trainer of all time!

anyways, i went for a long walk around Lincoln Square tonight, saw a bunch of people hunting a Cubone, and found/hatched a few new pokemans - jigglypuff, seadra, pikachu, tentacool and earlier in the day found a park by my work with a ton of electrical towers and electabuzz spawn points.

• Fire 1