WR Coach Keith Williams Arrested on Suspicion of DUI

ADS

Being that it has been 8-10 years since the last offense, a season long suspension would be appropriate.

Wow, 8-10 years. Is that right? If that's the case then maybe we should put away the torches and pitchforks. Or at least hold off till we know all the facts. :dunno:

Someone above said he had citations in 04, 06, and 08. The nature of those citations aren't known but we know 2 are DUI so the latest one is no earlier than 8 years.

Seems to reason that he may have fallen off a wagon and needs to get right.

Well according to the research I did all of those arrests would need to be dui's to qualify for what he is being charged with....http://www.transportation.nebraska.gov/nohs/pdf/al3dwi.pdf

Also the "washout" period for Nebraska is 15 years so all past offenses would be relevant. I chose to respond to your response because I agree it looks as though he fell off the wagon, maybe had past issues with substance abuse

• Fire 1

I know this man, he coached my sons at Tulane. He is a good good man. He is also probably one of the best WR coaches in the country. I would sign any son of mine to be coached by him tomorrow. I am so sorry for him and this latest dip into being human and weak. Maybe, the pressure your RED puts on these guys is part of the problem. No, we can't go there...you guys expect the best but persecute the worst. I know DUB...I know he is a good man, and I know he is terribly sorry for drinking more than he should have....just like 80% of you guys but he got stopped...if you did, who would notice.

Thanks for the input.mit brings a different perspective. It's also nice to see who KW is personally. There are consequences for such actions and I do think he should be gone, but I sincerely hope KW is successful in life and beats his demons.
  • Fire 1

I know this man, he coached my sons at Tulane. He is a good good man. He is also probably one of the best WR coaches in the country. I would sign any son of mine to be coached by him tomorrow. I am so sorry for him and this latest dip into being human and weak. Maybe, the pressure your RED puts on these guys is part of the problem. No, we can't go there...you guys expect the best but persecute the worst. I know DUB...I know he is a good man, and I know he is terribly sorry for drinking more than he should have....just like 80% of you guys but he got stopped...if you did, who would notice.

Maybe your son can double as his DD. There is no football excuse that can be sufficient. If you support firing Bo for having anger and character issues then you must support sending this repeat offender packing.

Someone being a constant a-hole and someone having a drinking problem are worlds apart.
  • Fire 1

Whooaaaa,you $hittin me Clarke? Regardless of how much pressure is put on you, you dont drive intoxicated. Ever. Do you blame rape victims for drinking or having on slutty clothing??? Get lost.

• Fire 4

Being that it has been 8-10 years since the last offense, a season long suspension would be appropriate.

Wow, 8-10 years. Is that right? If that's the case then maybe we should put away the torches and pitchforks. Or at least hold off till we know all the facts. :dunno:

Someone above said he had citations in 04, 06, and 08. The nature of those citations aren't known but we know 2 are DUI so the latest one is no earlier than 8 years.

Seems to reason that he may have fallen off a wagon and needs to get right.

Well according to the research I did all of those arrests would need to be dui's to qualify for what he is being charged with....http://www.transportation.nebraska.gov/nohs/pdf/al3dwi.pdf

Also the "washout" period for Nebraska is 15 years so all past offenses would be relevant. I chose to respond to your response because I agree it looks as though he fell off the wagon, maybe had past issues with substance abuse

I wasn't really looking at it from a legal standpoint yet. Just trying to put into perspective about him losing his job.

Whooaaaa,you $hittin me Clarke? Regardless of how much pressure is put on you, you dont drive intoxicated. Ever. Do you blame rape victims for drinking or having on slutty clothing??? Get lost.

Wow.

There's no need for that
  • Fire 2

Hi and welcome, and thanks for your post!

I think on some level, we all just want to see the best in him. Coach Williams had up to this point rightfully earned a lot of adoration from Nebraska fans. Most of us were probably stunned not only by this, but by the fact that he had even prior offenses on his record.

That said, I don't think it diminishes the seriousness of what happened. If anything, someone in his position will have the benefit of a system that will try to be as fair as possible to him. As was previously mentioned, a lot of other people in a lot of other lines of work can get just one DUI and have run out of chances long ago with nobody to even notice. His position is one of relative privilege, but as you point out, that's a bit of a double-edged sword.

Regardless of what happens with KW, I hope he turns this around, whatever got him to this place today. I think we can all agree we wish it simply hadn't happened. It seemed like he had a great thing going here, and also it seemed like NU was extremely lucky to have him.

• Fire 2

The itching desire to publicly crucify someone without more details coming out is what bothers me.

Pretty ironic if you ask me. Look at how many people jumped on butch jones when the rumors started flying out of there this spring. There wasn't a, wait til the facts come out poster, everyone hoped on that bandwagon, as they did for Baylor. In case you're looking for details, LOOK AT THE FREAKING MUGSHOT. The guy is drunk off his ass. And for those that say, a majority of this board has probably driven drunk, way to deflect blame because 1000 wrongs makes a right. Some people need to reevaluate their priorities in life if you're justifying a person's actions for blowing a .15 and getting a 3rd DUI. Again, take off the rose-colored glasses and realize the severity of the issue.

Please point out anyone who has posted anything indicating there is any justification for KW's actions.

When I used the word justification, I meant in the sense of people rationalizing a year long suspension should suffice. Or rehab and then he should be good, deflecting blame that alcoholism is a disease, etc. There's a big difference between alcoholism and stupidity.

• Fire 2

From that mugshot that's a damn generous .15 and lincolns finest have history of cutting corners. Suh side swiped practically every car in a neighborhood because he was "avoiding a small animal." I've messed around with breathalyzers, real ones, and .08 is literally 2-3 beers (6'0 210) and by the time I get to .15 I feel like I'm getting to the point where I would have to wonder if I was over .08 or not. He looks tanked in that mugshot and .15 doesn't look like that.

• Fire 1

The itching desire to publicly crucify someone without more details coming out is what bothers me.

Pretty ironic if you ask me. Look at how many people jumped on butch jones when the rumors started flying out of there this spring. There wasn't a, wait til the facts come out poster, everyone hoped on that bandwagon, as they did for Baylor. In case you're looking for details, LOOK AT THE FREAKING MUGSHOT. The guy is drunk off his ass. And for those that say, a majority of this board has probably driven drunk, way to deflect blame because 1000 wrongs makes a right. Some people need to reevaluate their priorities in life if you're justifying a person's actions for blowing a .15 and getting a 3rd DUI. Again, take off the rose-colored glasses and realize the severity of the issue.

Please point out anyone who has posted anything indicating there is any justification for KW's actions.

When I used the word justification, I meant in the sense of people rationalizing a year long suspension should suffice. Or rehab and then he should be good, deflecting blame that alcoholism is a disease, etc. There's a big difference between alcoholism and stupidity.

My rationalizing is based solely on an action/ employment standpoint. If the legal side of things puts him in jail or whatever then his ability to be employed should be reassessed.

• Fire 1