Nate Gerry and Brandon Reily Suspended for Fresno State

ADS

I guess Nate Gerry will have to wait until the Wyoming game to attempt to play a full game for first time since Rutgers last year.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/reilly-and-gerry-suspended-for-season-opener/article_8020b010-6b19-11e6-b33b-ebef41297054.html

Nebraska will be without a key player on both sides of the ball when it opens the season against Fresno State.
Husker head coach Mike Riley announced after Thursday's practice that senior wide receiver Brandon Reilly and senior safety Nate Gerry are both suspended for the Sept. 3 game.
Riley didn't get into specifics, saying both suspensions were due to a violation of team rules.
In the case of Reilly, he was ticketed for suspicion of a DUI back in mid-March. For Gerry, this will mark the third straight game where he has to watch at least half of the game from the sideline. He was ejected for targeting calls in the first half of the Iowa game and the bowl contest against UCLA.
The three most likely options to work the two safety spots for that opener would seem to be junior Kieron Williams, and sophomores Aaron Williams and Antonio Reed.
This is second straight season NU will open the year without some key players. Last year the Huskers suspended five players for the opener against BYU.
Riley also confirmed Thursday night's reported news that true freshman wide receiver Derrion Grim is looking at playing elsewhere. "I don't know where that might be," the coach said.
Riley did say that in talking with Grim last night, he got the impression the receiver was going to transfer to a JUCO school, which would not require a scholarship release from Nebraska.
In more positive news, Riley said he expects captains and Blackshirts to be announced sometime between now and next Tuesday or Wednesday.
Edited by Mavric
Merged threads

That's like being suspended from a scrimmage.

I sure hope so.

LOL...when you're coming off a 6-7 season, you can't have that kind of attitude about any of your opponents.

Yes I can.

There's an array of available data aside from "we went 6-7 last year".

I'm sorry. Yes, one can have that attitude, but it's an attitude that sets yourself up for failure when you don't take your opponent seriously, especially when you come of a campaign where you lost to Pur-f*****g-due.

S&B were discussing what would be better, if Gerry comes out and addresses the reason for suspension now or wait until NFL combine when teams ask about it.

DB then read off what I'm guessing was a text exchange with Gerry, who said when he gets the chance to talk about it, if it's better to get it out now, he would address it. Doesn't sound like he has anything to hide.

I sure hope so.

LOL...when you're coming off a 6-7 season, you can't have that kind of attitude about any of your opponents.

Yes I can.

I'm sorry. Yes, one can have that attitude, but it's an attitude that sets yourself up for failure when you don't take your opponent seriously, especially when you come of a campaign where you lost to Pur-f*****g-due.

Please. I'm not actually on the football team. My attitude as an objective observer has no bearing on the outcome of any of the football games. Get a grip.

And obviously if Tommy Armstrong is unavailable for the Fresno State game that changes things considerably.

• Fire 2

Please. I'm not actually on the football team. My attitude as an objective observer has no bearing on the outcome of any of the football games. Get a grip.

And obviously if Tommy Armstrong is unavailable for the Fresno State game that changes things considerably.

Why do you say this when you know what we type here has a direct impact on the field? You know better.

• Fire 1

S&B were discussing what would be better, if Gerry comes out and addresses the reason for suspension now or wait until NFL combine when teams ask about it.

DB then read off what I'm guessing was a text exchange with Gerry, who said when he gets the chance to talk about it, if it's better to get it out now, he would address it. Doesn't sound like he has anything to hide.

Damon and Gary then went on to say that they could say what the suspension ISN'T for, they said it isn't for drugs, steroids, or anything illegal. They refrained from saying what it was for, leaving that to Nate to address when he has a chance, but listening to Gary it sounded as if it was academic related. I would guess either missing class, low grades, or something like that.

I sure hope so.

Yes I can.

Ah. Once again this really weird fan thing where some of us think that our attitude about the opponent has a big impact on how well the players perform. We're really important!!