Injury Updates

Mavric

Anyone paying attention to the injuries and/or suspensions on the Oregon side of things? I know in their season opener their big D-Lineman was supended, Privot. Not sure if he is back yet or not. Also going into the UC Davis game i know they had several O-Lineman who were injured making way for a potential very young O-Line.

Anyone paying attention to the injuries and/or suspensions on the Oregon side of things? I know in their season opener their big D-Lineman was supended, Privot. Not sure if he is back yet or not. Also going into the UC Davis game i know they had several O-Lineman who were injured making way for a potential very young O-Line.

Found this:

Tight end Johnny Mundt walked out of Oregon's practice again wearing a knee brace Tuesday, after icing the knee following Monday's practice. ... Defensive end Jalen Jelks wore a right knee brace and left practice alongside fellow end Justin Hollins, who also did not leave shoulder pads with managers following practice, indicating he didn't fully participate. The duo "were out there working their tails off today," Helfrich said. They play at a position already down the suspended Torrodney Prevot, and asked who is behind Hollins and Jelks on the depth chart Helfrich was circumspect, answering Oregon will "need all hands on deck, trying to get as many healthy bodies and guys getting reps."

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2016/09/ducks_football_no_scott_frost.html

• Fire 1

Privot isn't on the 2-Deep, and the last info I could find was from August that said he was suspended from all team activity until further notice, though IIRC, Privot was a LB, not a DL? :dunno

https://twitter.com/AndrewGreif/status/775813059310870529/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Privot isn't on the 2-Deep, and the last info I could find was from August that said he was suspended from all team activity until further notice, though IIRC, Privot was a LB, not a DL? :dunno

https://twitter.com/AndrewGreif/status/775813059310870529/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

He may be listed as an OLB on certain sites but I'm pretty sure he's a rush DE. An undersized one at that. Or at least that's how I remember him early in his career.

He may be listed as an OLB on certain sites but I'm pretty sure he's a rush DE. An undersized one at that. Or at least that's how I remember him early in his career.

In the previous 3-4 scheme he was an OLB but they walked up their OLB's alot and gave that look that he may be a rush end although he was never down in a 3 pt stance.

In the 4-3 scheme now, he's at the DE position. He's tiny and I don't really know how well he fits the scheme regardless. I didn't count him being lost all that big of a deal. He's MAYBE 230 lbs. That's being generous.

• 2 weeks later...

Illini Game

Post 'em as the come in.

So far I know of:

• Westy taken to hospital as a precaution. No update yet. Total speculation on my part, but his injury looked a bit like Tony Romo's to me-- went down and had pressure applied as he was bent forward. I'm really hoping it's not some type of vertebral fracture. That would be devastating.
  • Carter hyperextended his elbow. Not sure if we have any more news.
  • Ozigbo -- ??? (I heard he was hurt as well)

Illini Game

Post 'em as the come in.

So far I know of:

• Westy taken to hospital as a precaution. No update yet. Total speculation on my part, but his injury looked a bit like Tony Romo's to me-- went down and had pressure applied as he was bent forward. I'm really hoping it's not some type of vertebral fracture. That would be devastating.

Westy's looked like a knee to the kidney. Hope he is ok.

Oz was limping and never returned.

Someone mentioned Whitaker was moved. Unsure who he replaced we are so beat up on the OL.

Hope Carter can return in 2 weeks. How long that take to heal?

Illini Game

Post 'em as the come in.

So far I know of:

Im hoping Westys injury isnt that serious. A bit morbid, but hopefully just a bruised kidney?

Oz limped off the field but i never heard anything about his injury.

Illini Game

Post 'em as the come in.

So far I know of:

Im hoping Westys injury isnt that serious. A bit morbid, but hopefully just a bruised kidney?

Oz limped off the field but i never heard anything about his injury.

My initial beer goggle prognosis was kidney injury.

Carter's ability to play depends on the damage in his elbow. We'll just have to see. Maybe he can slap one of those big JJ Watt style elbow braces on there and play at less than 100%. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Kidney is what the announcers were guessing as well. Hopefully if anything it's just bruised and he can get back before too long. Keenan Allen of the Chargers lacerated his last year and it ended his season.

What a time to have a bye.

• Fire 1