Injury Updates

Mavric

Heard that Carter has a dislocated elbow....probably 3-5 weeks

Probably so. Worst-case scenario, 2 weeks wearing the splint and any where between 3 to 6 months to completely recover. Bummer.

@NT8: No official reports. Mike Riley will address media on the Big Ten conference call Tuesday. I saw Carter walking from the stadium after the game, and it looked like he had an air cast on his right arm. I would be surprised if he's ready for Indiana. Based on what I'm hearing, though, I think Westerkamp may be ready for that game

Crap. Our receiving corps is pretty hurting. Hopefully Zo is back next week, at least. Hope it's nothing long-term for Carter/Westy.

Let's hope Riley knows what he's talking about.

Agreed. Every year folks speculate that we are too deep and who might leave. And then reality kicks in and your like, we are thin. Grim could have probably gotten some serious reps this season....Reilly, Westy, Zo.......

I'd be more concerned with Westy. He got that thing all torqued up it might be a while. Those deep tissue bruises and muscle spasms might take a while. I don't want it to be some lingering issue. On the plus side he does have top notch rehab so he might be back for Purdue.

I think Carter might be good to go with an elbow brace. Unsure how this would effect his ability to stiff arm or push off on a block. I ASSume it would protect it from over extending, but don't know if putting pressure would cause pain or further damage.

• Fire 1