Scheduling

ScottyIce

I think having only one big game is a problem for the players. You often risk losing to the team before because of overlooking and then there seems to be this excessive build up for one game and the players choke. In this day and age you might as well play perceived good opponents because you can easily still lose to the cupcakes

I think a rule should be made that wins and statistics collected against an FCS school shouldn't be counted in the season totals for FBS schools.

I think cupcake schedules will go away with the playoffs, since teams with great records and crummy schedules have been left out or left sweating because of their easy schedules. I think it was a travesty anyhow for fans to have to pay the same amount for Nebraska-Cupcake U. as they do Nebraska-Ohio State.

Well lets see. Alabama this year had USC and has Western Kentucky, Kent State and Chattanooga (3 cream-puffs) and you know they will go to the play-offs if they go undefeated.

Last year they had Wisconsin, Middle Tennasee, ULM and Charleston Southern and lost to Ole Miss (once again, 3 cream-puffs). They still made it to the Play-offs.

With this said, I agree that it won't matter if we have 1 or 2 cream puffs in our schedule if we win the Conference title.

• Fire 1

We have scraped by and lost to cupcakes recently. Nebraska needs to establish itself again. Scheduling is fine for now. Get our culture, belief in the program back on track, make the recruiting up to par.

All of us would love to see more difficult games. Bring on anybody, but we need to get back to being the Nebraska we were, that we built into. Been a long time since Nebraska was truly Nebraska.

Bama, Florida State, Clemson have some easy outs. We need to take ours to.

Absolutely disagree. IMO our scheduling lately has been nearly perfect aside from hosting BYU.

Not only in terms of competition levels and progressions but the last half decade or so the weaker teams chosen each generally served a purpose in terms of showing us an entry level version of something we would face against the bigger games later that season.

There was some pretty good thought process to how the schedule was constructed...

I just wish we could say the same about the conference schedule makers.

I think OOC scheduling matters, but only at the extremes. Baylor didn't get credit, and was sort of penalized for playing an incredibly weak non-conference schedule, and I mean like one G5 team and two FCS teams. On the other hand, I think the teams who schedule a strong P5 team early aren't hurt as much for an early loss. I don't think Nebraska is hurt by scheduling Fresno State and Wyoming, and I don't think we need to schedule tougher than we already do. Two G5 teams, and a major non-con opponent is perfect.

I suppose if we only play tOSU and don't have MSU or Michicken them we should have two P5 schools on the schedule. If the B1G would do us one favor they should rotate MSU OSU and Michigan so that we play 2 of 3 every other year.

Here's the 2018 schedule; and by then we'll FINALLY be free of any players who were recruited or coached by Pelini and his staff.

9/1 Akron

9/8 Colorado

9/15 Troy

9/22 at Michigan

9/29 Purdue

10/6 at Wisconsin

10/13 at Northwestern

10/20 Minnesota

10/27 OPEN

11/3 at Ohio State

11/10 Illinois

11/17 Michigan State

11/23 at Iowa

I suppose if we only play tOSU and don't have MSU or Michicken them we should have two P5 schools on the schedule. If the B1G would do us one favor they should rotate MSU OSU and Michigan so that we play 2 of 3 every other year.

Here's the 2018 schedule; and by then we'll FINALLY be free of any players who were recruited or coached by Pelini and his staff.

9/1 Akron

9/8 Colorado

9/15 Troy

9/22 at Michigan

9/29 Purdue

10/6 at Wisconsin

10/13 at Northwestern

10/20 Minnesota

10/27 OPEN

11/3 at Ohio State

11/10 Illinois

11/17 Michigan State

11/23 at Iowa

Why is it so bad to be a player that was recruited by Pelini and his staff? They are Huskers just like the guys being recruited by Riley and his staff. The team can't exist with the thought of Pelini guys vs. Riley guys. There are still plenty of "Pelini" guys that the Huskers are going to need in the next 2 years, and the vast majority of the 2015 recruiting class originally committed to Pelini.

• Fire 2

9/1 Akron

9/8 Colorado

9/15 Troy

9/22 at Michigan

9/29 Purdue

10/6 at Wisconsin

10/13 at Northwestern

10/20 Minnesota

10/27 OPEN

11/3 at Ohio State

11/10 Illinois

11/17 Michigan State