***Official Wyoming Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

Just a question that I don't know the answer to:

Why do we run it 50 times last week and now go with the pass happy offense? What's the idea behind that? Should be able to bulldoze both these teams. I thought last week they were going to save the playbook for Oregon, but apparently not.

have you guys watched our blocking and running plays today?
Agreed, but had same troubles last week first half then wore them down. Thought they would stick with the same game plan today.
i think Wyoming must be pretty committed to the run game, some wide open receivers out there

Should be 28-0. This is a joke.

Agreed. If we don't fix these problems/issues during non-conference, they will show up during conference play. The only improvements I've seen so far are play-calling by the coaches, and lack of turnovers...but the latter may be more luck than anything else right now.

Why do we run it 50 times last week and now go with the pass happy offense? What's the idea behind that? Should be able to bulldoze both these teams. I thought last week they were going to save the playbook for Oregon, but apparently not.

Because they are blitzing all the time, do you really want to run it all the time against the blitz and when the offensive line isnt blocking well?

I have waited until half time to post.

Offense:

Looks flat and out of rhythm. The play calling puzzled me a few times as well with run plays to the outside with Ozigbo in. A fresh set of downs deep in the Red Zone, a QB that makes poor decisions and we call a pass play. INT.

Defense:

More pressure needed by the front four, but overall I like the performance. I am not sure what is going on with the rest of the D though? Disappointing. If Wyoming makes a few more plays that were there, this is a whole different game. I had flash backs of the BYU game on the play before the half. Geesh.

We're going to have to throw to have a chance against tougher opponents. Most teams will load the box and force the Huskers to find passing lanes. Not saying that is the case this week, but the passing game needed work after last week's game. I'm okay with them throwing today in the first half. It's possible we'll see more running in 2nd.

The team just received their first taste of missing Sam Foltz.

Monday morning QBs will point to the secondary letting a guy get behind them and yes, it should not happen; however, the TD was set up by a very, very poor punt and subsequent return.

With Foltz, Wyoming is more than likely starting the drive inside the 20 yard line instead of mid-field.

• Fire 1

Could be Georgia right now. My goodness!

or Clemson or a number of other top programs playing down to lesser opponents early on in the season.

We don't look great right now, doesn't mean we can't be a great team we just aren't putting it all together right now which isn't that uncommon.

Some people here need to hold their horses and let the game play out before they start declaring the season a disaster because we aren't clicking completely in the first half of our second game.

• Fire 2

The team just received their first taste of missing Sam Foltz.
Monday morning QBs will point to the secondary letting a guy get behind them and yes, it should not happen; however, the TD was set up by a very, very poor punt and subsequent return.
With Foltz, Wyoming is more than likely starting the drive inside the 20 yard line instead of mid-field.

although true field position is important, their points didn't come from bad punts.

have you guys watched our blocking and running plays today?
Agreed, but had same troubles last week first half then wore them down. Thought they would stick with the same game plan today.
i think Wyoming must be pretty committed to the run game, some wide open receivers out there

I think Wyoming has a good defensive game plan. Stop the run, let some receivers go, and hope TA throws as many picks as TDs. You will lose if you let the Huskers run the ball. You just might win if you can make TA make quick decisions.

Could be Georgia right now. My goodness!

or Clemson or a number of other top programs playing down to lesser opponents early on in the season.

We don't look great right now, doesn't mean we can't be a great team we just aren't putting it all together right now which isn't that uncommon.

Some people here need to hold their horses and let the game play out before they start declaring the season a disaster because we aren't clicking completely in the first half of our second game.

we have a history of not clicking against Wyoming

Oregon is going to destroy us.

No we won't.
Next week is next week, who knows which team will show up. Let's not get all doom and gloom, sky is falling, we are still winning.

Unless we somehow get some new players on the secondary I don't see how next week will be any different.

Our pass defense has been abysmal since Banker took over. We have a large enough sample size to see teams are gonna have success against us through the air.

Oregon is going to destroy us.

No we won't.
Next week is next week, who knows which team will show up. Let's not get all doom and gloom, sky is falling, we are still winning.

Unless we somehow get some new players on the secondary I don't see how next week will be any different.

Our pass defense has been abysmal since Banker took over. We have a large enough sample size to see teams are gonna have success against us through the air.

Bring back Marvin Sanders