Total Yards 577 l 478

Passing 301 l 263

Rushing 276 l 215

------------------------------------------------------

Points Allowed Per Game 27 l 13.5

Yards Allowed 390 l 297

Passing 249 l 216

Rushing 141 l 81

Big plays will be the story of the game this Saturday in Lincoln. Nebraska will have to contain the high powered offensive attack which displays running back Royce Freeman who is averaging 9.2 ypc through two games. On the outside they have one of the fastest players in all of football in wide receiver Devon Allen who is fresh off of the Olympics. To go along with that they have two other big bodied targets in Carrington and 6'6 tight end Pharaoh Brown. Transfer quarterback Dakota Prukop has shown to spread the ball along nicely so far, but hasn't been the running threat that we have seen from Oregon in prior years.

The one thing Nebraska needs to expose is the run defense of Oregon which is very suspect at the moment. Their D line likes to run some wide splits and their safeties were far back off the ball, but Hoke might change that strategy this game. I think we will see a lot of Ozigbo like we did in the bowl game against UCLA and try to wear them down. I really liked the timing of Langsdorf's screen plays last game, and we should see that again since Oregon likes to bring LBs frequently.

Areas we need to clean up:

• Penalties 86.5 yards a game (114th)
  • Punt returns, currently 0 yards
  • Net punts, currently (126th) in the nation

Areas we need to keep up:

• Turnover margin +7 (T-1st)
  • Time of possession 31:54 (26th)
  • Run defense (21st)

Prediction: Nebraska 45 Oregon 35

• Fire 6

Good write-up, +1.

It'll be interesting to see whether or not Oregon crowds the box on defense. My best guess is that they probably won't, as they'll be assuming that their "speed" can take care of them.

I remember Ozigbo having a great play off of a screen pass against UCLA. Hopefully we can throw to him in hopes that the Ducks will be assuming he'll be taking a hand off when he's in.

I just don't know what to expect on defense. I think our linebackers as a unit are the best we've had in quite a while, and that'll help a lot.

• Fire 2

Good write-up, +1.

It'll be interesting to see whether or not Oregon crowds the box on defense. My best guess is that they probably won't, as they'll be assuming that their "speed" can take care of them.

I remember Ozigbo having a great play off of a screen pass against UCLA. Hopefully we can throw to him in hopes that the Ducks will be assuming he'll be taking a hand off when he's in.

I just don't know what to expect on defense. I think our linebackers as a unit are the best we've had in quite a while, and that'll help a lot.

I agree, it's a strong write up. I am curious too how Hoke will scheme his defense. He does have some history going against us. I can only imagine that against the Huskers they will load up the box and force the offense into more throwing situations.

We're gonna have to run the ball and shorten the game. IMO, the worst way to play this game would be to get in a shootout.

Definitely agree about the shootout. By that I mean the Huskers will have a chance if they keep the Ducks to 33 or fewer. Our offense should be able to match them against their D that way.

But it's Oregon, and scoring a lot of points (and quickly) is what they do.

Watched their game against Virg this weekend. The final score does not represent how Oregon controlled that game.

They are quick and they don't waste any time getting set. We will; need to substitute to stay fresh. Freeman broke off some big runs so we need to contain him. Their receivers have decent hands and will catch the ball if within their reach. I think we will need to pressure the heck out of their new QB to rattle him. Swing passes and sweeps are a big part of their game so having the edges covered will be important as well.

We need to play error free football and have long consistent drives to slow the game down and wear out their D.

• Fire 2

These are the games that make college football awesome. I have no clue what to expect. Either team can win and I wouldn't be surprised.

If I had to bet, I would have to go with the Huskers. It's probably my heart speaking, but, I think they pull this one off.

I expect Oregon's defense to play it pretty honest and not load the box thinking they can stop our run. If we can have some success running early, I'm going to feel really good about this game. Either they will not adjust and we keep running or they do adjust and we use our receivers to make them pay.

GO BIG RED!!!!! I'm pumped up for this game!!!