What did we learn-Oregon edition

I learned that Langsdorf and Banker need handlers to shock them or spray their face with a water bottle when they slip back into their old ways:

Langsdorf forgetting to #RunTheBall cost us anywhere from 6-16 points, which makes up the difference that Oregon gave away with their 2-point conversion bulls***.

Banker running a prevent when pressure had been forcing Oregon's hand to make mistakes at the most inopportune times let Oregon back into the game and cost 12 points.

Riley may very well be a good coach, but we'll never know it until Langsdorf and Banker quit tripping over themselves and we can start saying we won games *because* of their playcalling, and not in spite of it. When they did remember to #RunTheBall and to bring pressure, respectively, in the 4th, things got back on track for us.

Otherwise, we bag on YOLOTommy a lot, but he's got big brass balls and played like it today. The team will improve because of Tommy showing leadership through action.

This is a good win, though. Not as flashy as some other wins (read: Louisville), but it's probably the most impressive win in the B1G this week.

^^^ This.
  • Fire 1

That TA has shown growth and is taking better care of the football. How about that run!

That Ozigbo is going to be a bear for other teams the rest of the season. He's going to get his yards 2 and 3 at a time if necessary and grind the clock.

That the Blackshirts have just proven they can stop a team in a big game when the moment called for it!

That Lightbourn can punt the ball well and pin teams deep, great for building the confidence in that young man.

That Westerkamp is a stud, but I guess we already knew that! :lol:

Also I learned with close games by Wisconsin against an fcs team and Iowa losing to one that we should be the favorites for the West title. Let's see how we play when we're not seen as a dark horse anymore.

id say Wisconsin is still the favorite, beating lsu and then just having s letdown in an essential bye week

I learned Lightbourn can kick the sh#t out of the ball and pin them deep at the same time! What a game for the freshman! Good for him!

I learned Tommy has improved a whole hell of a lot.

I learned our receivers are better than Oregon's.

I learned our defense stepped up when they needed to.

I learned Ozigbo and Newby compliment each other well, but Devine is the man in charge.

The pace we played at in the second half was almost perfect. I learned Langsdorf knows when to distribute the ball to his best players.

I have to respect a guy who has the Swedish Chef as his avatar and Rick Flair as his signature. What I learned is that we have a very good chance at getting to at least 11 wins for the first time since players that Osborne recruited were playing.

• Fire 1