Coaches Poll

We should be behind Wisconsin and ahead of Baylor.

And we're no more overrated than are Texas A&M and Tennessee but we'll all have plenty of time to show that.

Wisconsins best wins are over a 3-2 unranked LSU team and a now unranked 3 or 2-2 MSU team that lost to Indiana. I think we have the 3rd best offense they'll see all season and have no problem with us being ahead of them.

We've benefitted big time from the pollsters valuation of Oregon. Beating them allowed us to break into the Top 25. Continuing to win (by 10+) while others ahead of us lose has allowed us to continue to rise.

Polls are a little more fluid at this point in the season, which has helped us as well.

I'm more curious to see where we stand in F+ and Sagarinot, better indicators of strength.

• Fire 1

Yeah. Knowing what we know now about Oregon, that close win doesn't vault us from NR to the Top 25 (and certainly not the Top 20, as it did). Neither do the subsequent ones. Matty, I love Nebraska, but we ought to be sneaking into the Top 25 and not barreling towards the Top 10.

I say this mostly knowing there will be pretty tough sledding ahead. I'm nervous that it's going to create the impression of an implosion, rather than coming back to earth. We can hang with anybody, but you can say this about any number of Top 40 teams.

Anyone like the Huskers here?

I do. Deserved or not it puts Nebraska in the spotlight. That attention can be a huge benefit, especially if we take care of business.

As far as the ranking, we have won games I don't think we would have last year. Could probably place a number of teams in the 11-25 ranking. So far we have won every game, I see it as a reward for that.

• Fire 2

Anyone like the Huskers here?

Saying the team is overrated has nothing to do with how much we "like" them. It has more to do with tempering expectations. For me it's mostly to do with some really ugly things I saw by our defense and imagining what a tougher team will do with that. That said I know what we did to Michigan State last year (and I fully believed we could do it going into the game) so I'll still believe in our chances to beat Wisconsin or Ohio State.

• Fire 3

Ole Miss, FSU and OU still be ranked tells me all I need to know about polls..........

We just need to keep handling our business.

Herbstreit had a great take about the poll system last night about how this isn't 1983, and just because you lose a game that you should fall way down.

It's 2016. Watch the film, then rank.

If you guys really watch the games Ole Miss, OU and FSU are still top 25 teams. Can't go just by what you add in the W/L column anymore. Too much accessibility to film and being able to REWATCH games.