Coaches Poll

Ole Miss, FSU and OU still be ranked tells me all I need to know about polls..........

We just need to keep handling our business.

Herbstreit had a great take about the poll system last night about how this isn't 1983, and just because you lose a game that you should fall way down.

It's 2016. Watch the film, then rank.

If you guys really watch the games Ole Miss, OU and FSU are still top 25 teams. Can't go just by what you add in the W/L column anymore. Too much accessibility to film and being able to REWATCH games.

Exactly. Louisville is probably still a lot better than many undefeated teams even though they have a loss. I think people are pissed about Ole Miss because they're cheaters and in the SEC but that doesn't make them a bad team on the field. We have plenty more games to figure out how good/bad they are.

To everyone who says we're way too high, I'm really curious what teams should be ahead of us right now...for the coaches poll the only thing I would switch is have Wisconsin ahead of us and Baylor below us. We're undefeated with a +72 scoring differential in the 4th quarter, 12 seems about perfect for us.

• Fire 2

Wisconsins best wins are over a 3-2 unranked LSU team and a now unranked 3 or 2-2 MSU team that lost to Indiana.

Our best wins are over 2-3 Oregon and Wyoming...

To everyone who says we're way too high, I'm really curious what teams should be ahead of us right now...

Bama, OSU, Clemson, Michigan, Houston, Washington, A&M, Louisville, Tennessee, Baylor, Wisconsin, Ole Miss, Stanford, and Arkansas should all definitely be above us IMO, with tossup arguments for 4-6 more.

Wisconsins best wins are over a 3-2 unranked LSU team and a now unranked 3 or 2-2 MSU team that lost to Indiana.

Our best wins are over 2-3 Oregon and Wyoming...

To everyone who says we're way too high, I'm really curious what teams should be ahead of us right now...

Bama, OSU, Clemson, Michigan, Houston, Washington, A&M, Louisville, Tennessee, Baylor, Wisconsin, Ole Miss, Stanford, and Arkansas should all definitely be above us IMO, with tossup arguments for 4-6 more.

The same Baylor that had to make a 4th quarter rally to slip by Iowa St? And has wins over powerhouses like Northwestern St. and SMU.

Ole Miss has 2 losses, I'm sure at the end of the season they'll be up near the top 10, but as of right now they don't belong near it.

Arkansas, why? 4-1, marquee win so far is against TCU which isn't that impressive looking.

Is #12 too high? Probably. After Illinois I think it shows there are still some flaws with this team, but they still find a way to adjust and win so you have to give them credit. Also other teams are losing that are ahead of Nebraska so that is kind of how the polls work.

Regardless, Nebraska keeps climbing, keeps getting a better number by their name and it shows national attention in some way that must help with recruiting and must help with confidence with this team as they continue to gel and learn with this coaching staff.

It's early. FSU has two wins...over USF and FCS Charleston Southern. Ole Miss-wins against Memphis, UGA and FCS Wofford.....OU-wins against TCU and ULM.....

Still ranked. I'll take NU where we are. The teams above us to date, appear better. Thats why we play the game. We benefited from beating Oregon. Just as FSU did for beating Ole Miss.....

I agree with Coach T that you need to look at film and make decisions form there. We shot ourselves in the foot against NW with the 2 fumbles. Same with Illinois and the penalties. We are our own worst enemy. The coaches see something that perhaps we do not. Looking at our schedule, Indiana will test the secondary. We play our game, get healthy and continue to be on the right side of calls, we might be looking at only 1-2 losses come bowl time. I'd say Wisky is a toss up. OSU is well, OSU. The other games are all winnable. So long as Langs and Co continue to improve with play calling and we dont shoot ourselves in the foot.

There is no doubt Nebraska is ranked too high at 12. Offense is sputtering too much. Cant pull away till 4th quarter against average teams.

Wisconsin is not a toss up. That team is at least 24 points better than NU right now. We wouldnt rush for more than 100 yds against them for the game. Punts, INTs, long afternoon.

It's a little high but get a grip guys. Most overrated? Come on...... I think people aren't realizing how flawed other teams are.

I like this post and agree.

Maybe not the best example of how flawed other teams are, but look at LSU and Florida. If those teams spent even half as much money as Ole Miss does on their offensive lines they would be way better. I mean, have you seen the size of Mississippi's line?? They look like the Oakland Raiders out there.

5-0 GBR!