Coaches Poll

You take the cards your dealt. The kids are busting their butts, the staff according to some are finally learning how to do their job after 30 years. The media, those dirty bastards are patting us on the back. ESPN has said positive things (Which I normally hear, others don't seem to) and we have a week off to heal up some. Like said, keep smiling and moving forward. Deal with the doom and gloom when and if it comes. No problems for me having Nebraska ranked 12th!!!!

The Sagarin ratings still have some shaking out to do. We are 20 in that one. Hopefully we are not one of those things that needs to be shaken out.

But there is still a LOT of influence based on early polls. Oklahoma is 8 in Sagarin. At 2-2. Is Sagarin overvaluing, or are the other polls undervaluing? It's hard to say right now. The next few weeks will solidify things. Our first major test is Wisconsin. I think we can win. And IF we DO win, I think our confidence level at OSU will be sky high, perhaps enough to win there, too.

But, if we lose BOTH of those games and win every other, I will say we have improved dramatically. Even a 3rd loss for the season is far better than we did last year and better than I originally anticipated this year.

We're looking good. Not all the time at every position, but we're looking good nonetheless. Now, if we could play every quarter like we have in our 4th quarters so far . . .

Nebraska may be overrated at this point, but at 5-0, the record does speak for itself.

I think the telling argument though is if Nebraska could actually beat the 13 teams ranked behind them.

To me, the biggest thing that is separating Nebraska from Michigan/Wisconsin level is strictly o-line and d- line play. Those two teams dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides.

Nebraska may be overrated at this point, but at 5-0, the record does speak for itself.

I think the telling argument though is if Nebraska could actually beat the 13 teams ranked behind them.

To me, the biggest thing that is separating Nebraska from Michigan/Wisconsin level is strictly o-line and d- line play. Those two teams dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides.

I'm with you there, we have the players at the skill positions to play with a majority of the teams out there. We do not have the depth on the O-line to be able to take a bunch of injuries, which seem to happen yearly, and we don't seem to have much depth and experience on the D-line at this point either.

Just keep climbing. f#*k the haters.

You said we're the worst undefeated team yesterday :P

Yeah I thought I was laying the sarcasm on pretty thick on that one.

Lolololol

I mean "undefeated teams that have beat their opponents by an average of 19+ points" is kind of a specific category of teams.

I certainly don't think we're the worst undefeated team in the country. We definitely deserve to be ranked higher than every 2-loss team and most 1-loss teams.

If I was a voter I certainly wouldn't be rewarding teams for losing games just because they played a tough schedule. You reward them for winning those games.

Oregon kicks extra points and we may still be trying to get out of, "also receiving points". I like where we are ranked, don't know if we are better than some of the teams behind us, but we will find out in about 4 weeks, maybe. Funny, but the Ind game starts to look like the first real test

Okl and FSU have lost to some quality teams, that keeps them in the polls, and right now Wyo seems to be our best win, if we go by wins and loses.

I'm going to enjoy the ride, this is a lot better start then most of us thought before the season.

GBR!!!

Oregon kicks extra points and we may still be trying to get out of, "also receiving points". I like where we are ranked, don't know if we are better than some of the teams behind us, but we will find out in about 4 weeks, maybe. Funny, but the Ind game starts to look like the first real test

Okl and FSU have lost to some quality teams, that keeps them in the polls, and right now Wyo seems to be our best win, if we go by wins and loses.

I'm going to enjoy the ride, this is a lot better start then most of us thought before the season.

GBR!!!

So....we out coached Oregon.

Coaches are part of the team. We have lost because of this in the past. Now are winning because of it.

Can somebody that has been bemoaning that we are over rated please explain to me the downside if in fact we may be over rated at #12. I don't understand all this complaining at all.

I've seen some claim that we should only be in the 20's and maybe not even top 25. Do us all a favor and list the teams you would place ahead of the Huskers at this point in time.

It's like people have forgotten what it's like to be relevant and ranked. Our current rank isn't a guessing game as to what might happen when we play Wisconsin or Ohio State. It is based on what has happened so far this season. Results of future games can be accounted for AFTER they are actually played and in the books.

• Fire 5

Since we're in the "what if" business of discounting ourselves, I'm goin the other way. What if Tennessee doesnt win two games they shouldve. What if Michigan cant do just enough against Wisconsin? What if Baylor doesnt comeback against Iowa St? What if Miami wouldntve fired Al Golden? We'd be ranked like 7 right now. It gets really old reading "well, if ........." in efforts to discount our success, yet no one ever wants to go the other way with it.

Yeah, if Oregone woulda kicked extra points...... Whos to guarantee we dont win anyway. Quite the what if game.

We're winning games. Are 5-0. Other teams are losing games, and falling below us as we rise. This is not our fault. it's not our fault this how the rating system works, and that they mean absolutely nothing to begin with.

We're right where we should be. It's up to us to determine if we belong there or not.

• Fire 5

In my mind and most on the board's mind 12 is too high of a rating. With that being said, who is better? Who whould you put above NU that you are totally sure NU could not beat. I see about 4-5 really good teams this year. Ohio St, Clemson, Alabama, Louisville and Michigan. Maybe Washington you still don't know, maybe A&M, but you really don't know.

MSU is off this year, the defense isn't as good, which I expected in year 2 without Narduzzi, same old LSU, no one in the Big 12 looks great. Lots of decent teams in the PAC 12 not elite though other than maybe Washington. FSU is looking at a couple a more losses IMO. Wisconsins defense looks really good, but he offense is hit or miss. The SEC isn't looking like world beaters other than Alabama.

I guess my point is why can't Nebraska fit into that group of teams that is pretty good, but probably not in that elite spot.

Lots of things to like about the team.

1. A veteran QB that is actually playing like one.

2 A great recieving corp

3. A pretty solid running game, that is wearing out teams late

4. A solid defense, not great, but pretty solid and makes adjustments pretty well.

5. Lots of young guys that are getting better as the season goes on.

The more the team wins, the more the team will think it can win and think it belongs.

I think the pollsters have a far more moderate take on college football than fans do. Lots of us are disappointed that most of our wins were'nt completely in the bag going into the 4th quarter and use that to discredit a 5-0 that we still suck. The pollsters see college football as a survive and advance sport. Win and you move up. Lose and you move down. You cant pay attention to the style points or lack there of anymore. All you can do is control what you control. Win the games on your schedule and the rest takes care of itself. Survive and advance.

• Fire 1

Over ranked or not - consider the alternative - last year we were in the news for the way we were losing. It is good to get some positive press regardless on how long this ride goes. Take what we can and build on it.

Who knows, maybe this will impress some highly sought after recruits who will make us better in the years to come and deserving of even higher rankings.

• Fire 2