Injury updates

mwj98

I'm glad the o-line guys Gates and Knevel are back in practice what I'd like to know is are they practicing 75% and limping around or are they trending up to being at 90% plus for the game. It would be huge if they can be ready to go on Saturday.

There was some video I saw yesterday on a tweet or somewhere that showed Gates in practice. Didn't seem to be obviously limping, etc, but it is obviously hard to tell in a five second video of him....

I'm glad the o-line guys Gates and Knevel are back in practice what I'd like to know is are they practicing 75% and limping around or are they trending up to being at 90% plus for the game. It would be huge if they can be ready to go on Saturday.
There was some video I saw yesterday on a tweet or somewhere that showed Gates in practice. Didn't seem to be obviously limping, etc, but it is obviously hard to tell in a five second video of him....
Let's just hope they are trending toward healthy. If they are I think we will be just fine Saturday!

Both Knevel and Gates practiced again today. Gates said he felt fine.

Ozigbo still working his way back.

hearing that about Gates is great news if he is really recovering that well. Now if we can get some consistency with the interior guys we may be able to move the ball just enough.

Both Knevel and Gates practiced again today. Gates said he felt fine.

Ozigbo still working his way back.

hearing that about Gates is great news if he is really recovering that well. Now if we can get some consistency with the interior guys we may be able to move the ball just enough.

I would not be at all surprised if Gates was still hurting but just claims he's fine. Dude is a beast. When he originally got hurt he just had it taped up and went back in.

Hopefully it's healthy enough for him to play close to how he can.

How can a lineman get healthy if he doesn't rest? What kind of in-season game week therapies are offered?

It is always injury specific. But some injuries indicate structural damage/instability, and some don't. If structural damage IS present, it's a problem because then you lose integrity of the joint or extremity the joint is in, which could lead to other problems. If they DON'T have structural damage, it's not likely they will make the injury any worse and they're really just trying to battle the symptoms of the injury-- namely, pain.

This is why it's not the end of the world if you play through some injuries (since you can still function relatively normally) and some are an absolutely no-go. So, depending on how functionally affected a player is by their injury, they can sometimes practice and go through drills pretty well with some irritation. Ideally, you want to get them pain free before they do anything, but that's not always possible with minor injuries. Other times it's an indicator that something is abnormal and they do need to tell the player to chill for a while. Hard to come up with a hard and fast rule when every injury is different.

I assume Knevel's must've been pretty bad, because they sent him out there heavily taped up a couple weeks ago (or was a it last week?) and he could only play one play before they yanked him. That means he felt something unpleasant and they were concerned he could make things worse. Don't know specifics on Gates, but he played most of the game last week, so he must be doing alright.

I was initially worried that Westy suffered some type of compression injury when he went down, and the article I just read said he had a compression fracture. But I"m really glad he's back... must be a quick healer.

Let's hope everyone stays healthy out there tonight! GBR!