What did we learn-Purdue edition

I learned that we are still far from healthy and thats why the last 2 weeks have been so unspectacular. Our offensive line is in shambles and it shows. If we can somehow get healthy this week we are capable of giving Wisconsin all they want and then some! (they barely beat imo a bad Iowa team today).

Any word on Carter? He's the difference maker in the perimeter run game.

I learned that we are still far from healthy and thats why the last 2 weeks have been so unspectacular. Our offensive line is in shambles and it shows. If we can somehow get healthy this week we are capable of giving Wisconsin all they want and then some! (they barely beat imo a bad Iowa team today).

Right now he's 50-50 to play. Dislocated elbows are tough to recover from.

Our OL is bad.....The injuries are killing us. Burn a redshirt. Can they be that much worse?

Newby is as advertised

We really, really, really miss Carter.

Fo Fiddy will cost us a game down the stretch.

DPE returning to form.

We miss Westy.

DL is lacking an edge rusher. Badly.

Our DB's got toasted and then stepped up big time.

When TA uses proper mechanics, dude is solid. When he goes all YOLO or arm punt, not so much.

Langs called a pretty bad game plan. With 8 guys in the box, there are actually running plays that work.....

The B1G refs are horrible. Perhaps some of the worst I have seen.

We are 7-0. First time since 2001.

We have some young guys getting done. Speaks well for the future.

We still have a shot to beat Wisky. It will depend on good Tommy, Langs play calling, the D setting the edge and you heard it hear first, Fo Fiddy calling returns like his job depends on it (and it should). Whisky will never expect we actually set up a return....There is no film on that....

We are 7-0. And that's awesome.

• Fire 1

I'd like to think that we played like crap today because:

• We are missing a couple of key offensive players still out with injuries.
  • A couple of guys who played are dinged up too.
  • Our coaches were out recruiting much of the week, and we weren't as prepared as we should have been.
  • We were looking ahead to Wisconsin and Ohio State, and weren't worried about Purdue at home.
  • Other excuses and rationalizations that I haven't yet thought of.

:lol:

• Our coaches were out recruiting much of the week, and we weren't as prepared as we should have been.
  • We were looking ahead to Wisconsin and Ohio State, and weren't worried about Purdue at home.

There are no shortage of those on here.

My fave that I always used under BO. We are saving it for conference play, "that" game etc..... I finally realized we didn't do or show some things because we couldn't do or didn't have that in our play book.....

Maybe Riley and Langs are crafty....

Right now he's 50-50 to play. Dislocated elbows are tough to recover from.

kevin-bacon-laugh-o.gif

• Fire 1

My fave that I always used under BO. We are saving it for conference play, "that" game etc..... I finally realized we didn't do or show some things because we couldn't do or didn't have that in our play book.....

Maybe Riley and Langs are crafty....

HAHAHA

Very poor execution on offensive line today for whatever various reason.... We are good but gave many doubts about offensive line today due to struggles. I don't doubt this offensive line overall though - many talented players on there.

We can beat Wisconsin and do very well against the other teams. Only game I am honestly concerned about is Ohio St...but i'm very hopeful. We've earned our rank so far and I would agree with Riley. I don't give a sh#t about disputing our current ranking as long as we keep winning out. Our rank at the end of the season will be the time to dispute this team.

I learned our o line is dumb. So many blown assignments and when they don't blow the assignment they look bad.

Newby has no field vision

Tommy starting to regress a bit.

Newby has no vision? Tommy is regressing? Are you watching the same game I am?

Why is a 4th yr qb throwing off his back foot 80% of the time. Sometimes for no reason.

Numerous times newby runs into a pile and a foot to either side is a hole.

He could be throwning off his back foot because of his bum left ankle. He's definitely doing it way more since it got tweaked.

I learned that we still know how to handle the fourth quarter, and our interior line is still MIA except for Gates. Dude makes mistakes, but he makes them full speed and has the most heart and guts on the team.