What did we learn-Purdue edition

I learned we r 7-0. That alone is such a huge improvement. Sure we lose next couple of weeks. But we then have a great chance to win after that. Finish the regular season with only 2 loses to top 10 teams. End up top 25 for the year...make a good bowl game... I will take that after a horrible 1st year for new coaches...

I don't know why everyone is writing off the Wisconsin game. We have a good defense. Wisconsin's offense isn't all that great. You keep it close, have a few opportune plays, and I think we have a chance.

Absolutely. I'm on record not being impressed with our talent level but we can hang with UW. This isn't one of Bo's teams that just get annihilated by them.

I learned Mike Riley can get angry.

The secondary got tested today, but overall played well.

Kieron williams is a beast

Tommy looked much more mobile this game.

The offense line needs to heal quickly in the next week or the next two weeks are going to be tough.

The defense continues to play bend, but don't break.

Drew Brown as a cannon for a leg.

Stanley Morgan has ups and hands. It will be fun to watch him next year.

DPE is returning to form.

I learned that some fans think:

injured OL players that have been in a cast all week to accelerate recovery should play at full strength.

Freshman OL are suppose to be capable of dominating Big Ten teams and it is wise to burn a redshirt for a player that probably isn't ready to compete at this level. (usually when guys compete before they are ready they get injured)

We have No chance next week even thou we will probably win and the probability of us winning will be somewhere around 45%

• Fire 2

Anyone bagging on TA need to realize that he is the only reason the Huskers have a winning record. That cat makes more gold out of straw than whoever it was in the stories.

Yup. It's like there is no offensive line

Just wait until Riley has all his guys on offense. It's gonna be awesome!!!

will it be one center (walk on), one quarter back, and nine wide outs?

We have to win games ugly. Right now we don't have the depth to just jump all over teams on offense and then smother them on defense and thus every game is an adventure.

We have no D-Line pass rushers so good QB's are going to look good like today. I realize I just have to stop screaming because the pass rushers are not there...so we do our ugly bend and not break. This will be really hard vs. Wisky and Ohio State. I think Wisky will be able to run a lot and OSU will move it through the air also.

Not having Westy and Carter hurts the offense and Westy is a security blanket that Tommy will absolutely need the next two games.

Fo Fiddy needs to find another job. Don't think it happens this season but after the season just make this happen.

The OL was giving Newby nothing today. Need to nut up now. I also miss Ozigbo as a change of pace back. Not sure why we didn't see him when Newby was getting swallowed up between the tackles consistently.

We have looked consistent pretty much every game (an ugly 7-0 but it is 7-0!) but this level of play will not give us a chance next two games. Something big has to happen for us to win. Likely will need +3 or more in turnovers to get the wins and Tommy will have to play best games of his season.

Play the games. See what happens. Haters gonna hate.

I don't know what this team does at half time, but it's incredible. Maybe it is as simple as deciding they want to play today. See the defensive stats Mav just posted. The offensive stats leading the FBS...

Can we petition teams to take a 14pt handicap and start in the 3rd quarter from here on out? Games would be shorter and I'd take our team every time lol.

I learned that Ed Cunningham **REALLY** likes getting arm action from his QB.

I learned that we have a steadily improving D-Line and that we'll have to live and die by the blitz to succeed in defense. But since the DL is improving, that's not as bad a gamble as it once was.

I learned our OL strategy of not playing subs is detrimental to long-term team goals. And pulling red shirts is an option, as long as the kid gets reps down the stretch.

I learned that we have exactly one boundary rushing play in our book, and it's the jet sweep.

I learned that we need specific definitions of what a YOLObomb is, as posters are abusing the term seven games in.

As for next week, we may not need to be perfect to win, and that's okay w/me.

I learned that going to the game thread is terrible, especially when NU is losing.

That's why being at the game is the bomb.com. So you're not tempted to go on.

I know. I had stayed off the game threads all year long until this week. I had my bad idea jeans on for that decision.

"no i didn't use a condom, but then i thought when was the next time is was going to be in Haiti" brilliant and i applaud you.