Running

C N Red

Been saying this since the start of last year.

And I have no idea why we tried to go with Wilbon and Ozigbo in the 3rd/4th quarter. Newby was our best offense tonight (when we weren't running him up Utter's butt). Then he disappears.

Newby did get dinged with an ankle injury but don't know why NU didn't try more outside runs with Newby.

I too thought this was odd. We only ran 1 jet sweep tonight IIRC. I thought the end around to Westerkamp late in the 4th was an abysmal call- Tommy has been killing them on the zone read all night. If you're going to run outside there you need to have the extra blocker and let Tommy do what Tommy does best- use his legs to find space and make a play.

Had no idea why Wilbon came in out of nowhere in the 4th quarter. I thought Terrell Newby ran with heart and had a phenomenal game. Pass blocking for the most of the night by the backs was sensational. I really like what I'm seeing out of Newby and I think that he can be a great presence for us going forward. When we are healthy we are really good- there is talent on this roster. Whittaker also needs credit for coming in for Farmer and playing a great game in the interior.

We could probably stand to develop a couple more outside run plays that are more downhill runs rather than long developing misdirection type plays. I thought our O was faster than the Wisconsin D- especially our RB's compared to their LB's. Stretch the field and give them a full head of steam and maybe the result is a little different tonight.

Been saying this since the start of last year.

And I have no idea why we tried to go with Wilbon and Ozigbo in the 3rd/4th quarter. Newby was our best offense tonight (when we weren't running him up Utter's butt). Then he disappears.

I said earlier this week, the win or loss was directly tied to the play calling of Langs. He showed true ineptitude in having no plays to counter an aggressive D, the refusal to go away from running right into the teeth of said aggressive D and having TA throw to the flats with their DL and LB's clogging the lanes......

He has digressed the past 3 games. He seems to have no answer to use the ground game to counter an aggressive D. Some times. You just have to punch yourself out of the corner. You can't rely on the pass....

He killed us tonight.

I really hope Riley is pressured to get rid of Langs in the off-season

Riley loves Langsdorf. He isn't getting rid of him. Also remember how awesome the offense was going to be with "Riley's guys".

I thought Langs has been solid this season, but missed on some big opportunities tonight. Tommy needed to keep the zone read at least 5 more times. I don't understand why we don't give DPE more bubble screens and see if he can make someone miss. To be fair Tommy made some bad throws when people were open and that one really bad bomb to Zo was a killer. Tough loss tonight

Riley loves Langsdorf. He isn't getting rid of him. Also remember how awesome the offense was going to be with "Riley's guys".

I thought Langs has been solid this season, but missed on some big opportunities tonight. Tommy needed to keep the zone read at least 5 more times. I don't understand why we don't give DPE more bubble screens and see if he can make someone miss. Tough loss tonight

Langsdorf freaks out when the o-line starts to play like crap. He just doesn't know what to do at that point.

I thought Langs has been solid this season, but missed on some big opportunities tonight. Tommy needed to keep the zone read at least 5 more times. I don't understand why we don't give DPE more bubble screens and see if he can make someone miss. Tough loss tonight

Langsdorf freaks out when the o-line starts to play like crap. He just doesn't know what to do at that point.

He has no idea to counter a good DL IMO.......

I think Lang's issue is that he gets too cute. Yes, we have weapons around the field, but sometimes you have to play what works. If the defense is getting consistent pressure, why not run more screens (isn't that what MR is known for)? Why not use the zone read more if it is working? Why hasn't A. Moore been used to run the jet sweet? A. Moore is lethal with it. Why didn't we target the TE more to get an LB out of the box? Langs doesn't make sense.