This loss vs. Wisconsin is on Langsdorf...

I love the people who just give a pass to Langs for this BS. We all see it isn't working, yet he continues to do it and you all call us internet OC's. It's just common friggin sense if others see it, it aint working and yet we aren't making what, 500K a year for stupidity. Give me 500-900k a year and I can be an idiot myself and you all can bad mouth me, but i'd still have some dumbarse here asking about internet OC's.

• Fire 6

Sigh...I guess every offensive coordinator/play caller that has played Wisconsin should be fired considering they are top 5 in every defensive category after playing FIVE top ten teams so far this season. That defense is probably the best in the country with the possible exception of Alabama.

I'm sure there are some calls he would like back, but all of you internet geniuses that think you know more than our coaches absolutely make me weep for the ignorance of society.

ITDTG how many runs up the gut can you call before you realize, that crap aint working? Apparently it's like 40 because that idiot Langsdorf kept calling the same play on first down nearly every series. In OT he called it twice in a friggin row.

Well, when you are working with a hobbled offensive line that can't pull and you have injuries everywhere you try to make things work. Let's lay this out there for a second...

He has a QB that cannot make more than 2 reads without chucking it deep or into coverage.

The backup is so much worse that they are afraid to run the zone read in case Tommy gets hurt and we have to play Fyfe.

He has an offensive line that is beat to sh#t and the backups were blocking high school kids within in the last 2 seasons.

He has lost his best player for the last 3 weeks (Cethan Carter).

Ozigbo hasn't been effective on that ankle.

Alonzo Moore hasn't been the same since his injury.

Dylan Utter is not very damn good and Knevel struggles blocking air.

Westerkamp is a warrior, but he was obviously hobbled all night.

Our only playmaker right now outside of Armstrong is Morgan, and he ran at least 5 TERRIBLE routes tonight.

All of this, and we did enough to play to OT on the road against a top 10 team that has the best defense in the conference and possibly the nation. Add to that the fact we are coming off of a losing season and 7 straight years of getting prison raped by every team with a pulse and I am encouraged by the effort.

A couple plays here or there and we win the game, but moral victories are for little kid soccer teams. Build on it, be angry, practice your ass off and beat Ohio State. We are 7-1 and will probably stay in or near the top 10. Beat Ohio State and win the conference and we can still get in the playoff, however if you thought this was a playoff team I have a bridge to sell you in San Francisco.

There are many positive things to take from this season, and I can't understand calling for coaches heads from a bunch of people that have never been coaches let alone a Power 5 coordinator.

• Fire 7

I agree, BUT it did not help that their backup running back ran all over us and westerkamp got tackled in OT

Agreed. That non-call on the pick was something the B1G HQ should weigh in on.

But frankly, if we had an OC that actually called plays in a strategic, cohesive manner, and it didn't look like he pinned his playbook to a dartboard in the coaching booth, this game would have been 10+ in our favor in the 4th.

Holy hell. Official Smack is not something I can tolerate tonight. Our guys got SO MANY spots...like yard and a half spots. Shut the hell up about the refs. We won that battle.

• Fire 1

I'm in. This game was purely on Langs. I bitched about Indiana, Purdue and now this one. He has no counter in the running game against aggressive fronts.

In OT, 2 plays right into the teeth of their D? The same crap that hasn't work all game. Yea, he called a great game.

For full disclosure, his first 5 games he exploited the D. Past 3, not at all.

+1

Biggest things this offense is missing is the consistent threat of misdirection, and a consistent use of our deep passing plays coming off of play-action first.

This team has played hard all year. We're on the right track, but this offense badly needs a counter scheme, and a speed option scheme.

The counter scheme in particular would really help prevent defenses from keying in on our zone running game.

• Fire 1

Sigh...I guess every offensive coordinator/play caller that has played Wisconsin should be fired considering they are top 5 in every defensive category after playing FIVE top ten teams so far this season. That defense is probably the best in the country with the possible exception of Alabama.

I'm sure there are some calls he would like back, but all of you internet geniuses that think you know more than our coaches absolutely make me weep for the ignorance of society.

When we had Newby getting 5+/carry and Wisky was stacking 8-9 in the box...and we can't take advantage of that with the talent we have? That's a piss poor job on any OC. Sorry you can't see that.

It would be a different thing if Langsdorf actually called sweeps/toss/boundary plays, used misdirection, and had Tommy roll out on designed plays (and not Tommy scrambling for dear life) and the game was lost. Or hell, we run zone read option--why not install one or two rollout option pass plays for situations where you have the defense selling out in the middle?

We ran a few sweeps and even a reverse to westy, their defense is just too disciplined to over pursue or get out of position. Also doesn't helps that our best run blocker and most versatile offensive weapon is injured. I don't think people realize how pivotal Cethan really is in our offensive success.
  • Fire 1

Common sense is realizing that Nebraska answered the "do we belong?" questions with an emphatic yes tonight.

Common sense is saying, "Good game, Huskers. Almost had 'em."

Pretty phenomenal defense they played today. Could've played better, but the Huskers left it all on the field, too. Let's hope they get healthier this week for Ohio State; will need all hands on deck.

As for you guys with your better plays and better schemes, I'm sure if you look up Huskers.com you can submit them to somebody in the Athletic Department by email, and perhaps they'll make coaching changes accordingly.

• Fire 5

ITDTG how many runs up the gut can you call before you realize, that crap aint working? Apparently it's like 40 because that idiot Langsdorf kept calling the same play on first down nearly every series. In OT he called it twice in a friggin row.

Well, when you are working with a hobbled offensive line that can't pull and you have injuries everywhere you try to make things work. Let's lay this out there for a second...

He has a QB that cannot make more than 2 reads without chucking it deep or into coverage.

The backup is so much worse that they are afraid to run the zone read in case Tommy gets hurt and we have to play Fyfe.

He has an offensive line that is beat to sh#t and the backups were blocking high school kids within in the last 2 seasons.

Our only playmaker right now outside of Armstrong is Morgan, and he ran at least 5 TERRIBLE routes tonight.

All of this, and we did enough to play to OT on the road against a top 10 team that has the best defense in the conference and possibly the nation. Add to that the fact we are coming off of a losing season and 7 straight years of getting prison raped by every team with a pulse and I am encouraged by the effort.

A couple plays here or there and we win the game, but moral victories are for little kid soccer teams. Build on it, be angry, practice your ass off and beat Ohio State. We are 7-1 and will probably stay in or near the top 10. Beat Ohio State and win the conference and we can still get in the playoff, however if you thought this was a playoff team I have a bridge to sell you in San Francisco.

There are many positive things to take from this season, and I can't understand calling for coaches heads from a bunch of people that have never been coaches let alone a Power 5 coordinator.

I love that our fans want Wisconsin to be a top 10 team. But for the record...they are 11. Let's keep it real. We are not back to where we once were. we're not. it is that simple. Strength of schedule will tell this story better than I can. wait until Tuesday. NC hopes are over. Done. next year??? Gotta actually win the game against real opponents that we have a chance to win. That's championship stuff. That's not us.

I see everything you said, but the same point still remains. Why not run to the outside at least a few times after seeing it has worked damn near every single time you've run it. Why do you insist on running it 2 times in a row in OT when you know for a friggin fact it aint going to work. The 5 or 6 times we actually ran it ouside, it got anywhere from 7 yards to nearly 20, but it just never happened again. The man went full Beck and stopped everytime it worked and never ran it again until 30 plays down the road.

First time I followed the game thread. A lot of people would bash Langs on the same calls as they would praise him on, depending on if the team executed them. . An offense is a lot easier to call when your qb can hit his receivers when they are open. Armstrong was finally timing his receivers in the 4th.

Team fought hard. Could have won it on a few different calls. Putting all the blame on langs is rediculous. Are we going to keep running people out if we don't win every game? The team is exponentially better than last year and I can see them continuing to improve when we have a qb that can hit a 5 yard timing route.

• Fire 3