What Did We Learn - Wisconsin Edition

I haven't been this pissed off by a loss since probably 2010's multiple implosions. I'd like to say I learned something, but I'm just completely deflated by that one.

Now that I'm a little calmed, I am proud of the way this team performed overall. Hostile environment, quality team, big stage night game, huge divisional matchup and a division title basically on the line. We came close, just wasn't quite enough.

I agree, although we aren't out of the divison race yet. I think we can give OSU a game, and if we somehow pull out a win, we can still get to Indy.

Not sure how much we learned that is new but we rather confirmed most of our suspicions:

1. We are a legit top fifteen "ish" team that can play tough at times and doesn't quit and believes in themselves (hence the 4th quarter finishes).

2. We are still about a 'dirty dozen' or so talented players away from being back where we belong in the top 5. (we need 5 top O linemen and an truly fast "elite" level RB, and a QB that can throw very well consistantly. Tommy Armstrong has all the skills you need except the consistancy factor. In today's college game filled with 6'-5" plus linemen, your QB needs to be 6-4 or more to see better and get the ball over those giants at the line of scrimmage.

3. Our punter is only fair and we better get recruiting one because we may need about half a dozen boomers per game next year to keep us in the games.

4. We miss Cethan Carter on those 3rd downs alot.

5. When playing a tough D vs the run game, you need the FB to be involved a bunch of the time.

Not sure how much we learned that is new but we rather confirmed most of our suspicions:

1. We are a legit top fifteen "ish" team that can play tough at times and doesn't quit and believes in themselves (hence the 4th quarter finishes).

2. We are still about a 'dirty dozen' or so talented players away from being back where we belong in the top 5. (we need 5 top O linemen and an truly fast "elite" level RB, and a QB that can throw very well consistantly. Tommy Armstrong has all the skills you need except the consistancy factor. In today's college game filled with 6'-5" plus linemen, your QB needs to be 6-4 or more to see better and get the ball over those giants at the line of scrimmage.

3. Our punter is only fair and we better get recruiting one because we may need about half a dozen boomers per game next year to keep us in the games.

4. We miss Cethan Carter on those 3rd downs alot.

5. When playing a tough D vs the run game, you need the FB to be involved a bunch of the time.

Punter is only a freshman and was expected to redshirt this year. He's gotten much better. Gotta stick with him especially because he's on scholly.

FIRE EVERYBODY!!!

Oh ,I mean...FIRE UP ,EVERYBODY!!!

We did what we do. We were a pass and a kick away from winning a couple times and ,give Wisconsin credit, they knew that and did everything they could to stop it.

They way it started ,I thought the game might get away from us, but they hung in there until the end.

You win with class, you lose with class.Things did not go perfectly, seldom do in a football game.Every time I watch this team, I have pride in Nebraska, every time I come to this board I lose some for the members. Your a Nebraska fan, your better than blaming everyone and every thing for failure/loss, accept the team lost, gave a great effort and move on. Kicking the dog is not going to do any good. Figure the positives that we can put against Ohio State. Encourage the kids, the staff and Coach Riley. Your short sighted rants about how bad the team is, the coaching staff is, is mostly hear say. Most don't have an original though. And the story rolls.[/quote

THIS

FIRE EVERYBODY!!!

Oh ,I mean...FIRE UP ,EVERYBODY!!!

We did what we do. We were a pass and a kick away from winning a couple times and ,give Wisconsin credit, they knew that and did everything they could to stop it.

They way it started ,I thought the game might get away from us, but they hung in there until the end.

We played a 2016 husker football game through and through besides the part we didn't win at the end. I love the teams consistency though. We are always right there in position to try and win the game

I haven't been this pissed off by a loss since probably 2010's multiple implosions. I'd like to say I learned something, but I'm just completely deflated by that one.

I'm really terrified for your mental health if/when we ever get back to competing for championships.

I'll live, don't worry about me hombre.