"These aren't Bo Pelini's Cornhuskers, folks."

So an Overtime loss after a questionable no call by the refs on 3rd down is the same as losing by 40 points to a team you beat via comeback earlier in the year. Yeah, all losses are created equal....lol.

As I said, I don't rate losses and I can't classify as to what is a "quality loss". Same with the first seven wins that the talking heads had denigrated before this game. Every win is a good win.

So an Overtime loss after a questionable no call by the refs on 3rd down is the same as losing by 40 points to a team you beat via comeback earlier in the year. Yeah, all losses are created equal....lol.

As I said, I don't rate losses and I can't classify as to what is a "quality loss". Same with the first seven wins that the talking heads had denigrated before this game. Every win is a good win.
But you can distinguish between a 40 point and 6 point differential right?
  • Fire 3

The "all losses are equal" argument is very weird to me. Yes, in the loss column, they're the same. But you can learn and improve from a 1 to 14 point loss and see hope in the future.

When you lose by 40 points, what do you learn from that? It's a giant mountain facing you and it's hard as hell to see any hope in ever climbing to the top of it.

• Fire 1

A great line from a post-game column here in Madison:

Oates

I have to admit I thought hiring Riley was a head-scratcher, but the Nebraska team this year is much improved over what the Badgers have seen recently. A little better passing from your QB position, and you would be even stronger.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Jeez, sorry to start a circular firing squad, guys. I came over here as a Badger fan trying to pay you a little compliment on what I perceived as a much better team than what Pelini ever put on the field against us. A lot of Wisconsin fans are saying the same thing.

I'll just go away and let you yell at each other for how far you've sunk this year, being 7-1, still ranked in the top 10, and controlling your destiny in the division and all. :facepalm:

that's what we do over here at Huskerboard lol

Oates

I have to admit I thought hiring Riley was a head-scratcher, but the Nebraska team this year is much improved over what the Badgers have seen recently. A little better passing from your QB position, and you would be even stronger.

Jeez, sorry to start a circular firing squad, guys. I came over here as a Badger fan trying to pay you a little compliment on what I perceived as a much better team than what Pelini ever put on the field against us. A lot of Wisconsin fans are saying the same thing.

I'll just go away and let you yell at each other for how far you've sunk this year, being 7-1, still ranked in the top 10, and controlling your destiny in the division and all. :facepalm:

plus 1 for posting something reasonable in a CM derailed thread. lol

• Fire 5

Oates

what wisconsin board do you recommend for a visiting husker fan?

• Fire 1

Oates

what wisconsin board do you recommend for a visiting husker fan?
This one, so long as someone doesn't derail the thread with our ex.

Oates

In all sincerity, I'm glad you started this thread and paid the compliment.

Pelinis huskers would have likely crushed that delapidated wisky team. It's unfortunate that people want to keep bringing him up though.

I can understand badger fans loving our new system though.

Pelini's Huskers would have folded under like a wet noodle after Wiscy's 1st td.
Except there are several counter examples disproving this old saw, including, if I recall, the last game he coached as a Husker.
Bro, that Iowa team was trash. They lost by 4-5 touchdowns to Tennessee.

Oates

The post is valuable. It shows that even the outsiders realize we've upgraded coaches and are better because of it. There are a dwindling number of people still holding onto the idea that Pelini was the answer, but there will always be a few that will never get it even when they're hit over the head with evidence that their faith in him was misplaced.